To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

aurora's musings

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: aurora's musings

Post by CBN »

7 is a lot for you mate - hope it gives you a good run for your money. I’ve done the same number, mind you most have mine have at least one player who’s already given away a penalty 😬

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

yeah it is a lot for me I had to raid my piggy bank :D I like this comp even though haven't done well last two seasons, will be a nice xmas bonus for whoever wins

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

wildcarded my late entry team, what an absolute disaster, brought in Sa, Marcal and Jimenez for a combined 1.6pts, brought in De Bruyne, Captain, on the bench, he'll come on with 20 minutes to go by which time Salah will probably have a hat trick and TAA not even in the squad, though Coleman comes in for him, I think I should take up stamp collecting instead

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Coleman not even in squad also 🤦‍♂️🤣To unlucky!!!

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

no need to rub it in.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

surveying the damage

Sa - 0.2pts....Yellow card, conceded 2 goals at home, to Brentford.

Shaw - 0.9pts....Gave away a penalty in the 93rd minute, had plans to stay in London to catch a theatre show, thought the game was over so decided to hail a cab which explains why he stuck his arm out at a 90 degree angle.

Marcal - -1.3pts...Gave away a penalty, this dude was definitely on over 1.5 first half goals

James - DNP....played 90 v Arsenal, 90 v Liverpool, banned for 1 game, 90 in the Champions League, comes back from ban, on the bench.

De Bruyne...2 pts.... AS CAPTAIN, Started v Leipzig, taken off after 71 minutes, ok, looks like he will start v Southampton, Pep said his players were tired, he's their most fresh player, no, Pep decides Southampton are rubbish so he'll bench him and bring him on with 25 minutes left and look like a genius.

Salah - 15.5pts, of course I went against him as captain looking to gain an edge with De Bruyne, if feels like a case of 'look what you could have won'.

Grealish - 4pts....but his hair was immaculate as usual.

Allan - 1.4pts....a bench player auto subbed in

Vardy - 6.7pts....acceptable

Jimenez - 2.7pts...at home to Brentford, blamed his headband for not being able to score, you do have to wonder if he's no longer the player he was, maybe he needs time

Richarlison - DNP
___

Alex Arnold -DNP
Coleman - DNP

premierleagueinjuries or fantasyfootballscout gave no indication Coleman or Riacarlison were injured or a doubt

On the bright side it can't get worse than that, and my original team now better off than this late entry car crash, think in that team Ronaldo will be captain next week, I demand a a hatrick and 2 assists, still not sure who's on pens.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I was thinking of posting regular mini league updates on this thread of our best team of all the regular posters down here, for a bit of added interest, I would be currently bottom not far behind Ricky, if you want to opt out let me know, if not I'll post a mini table after this weekend.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

ok I'll be forgetting this mini league thing, I'll see you next year instead, made Ronaldo captain, Fernandes takes the penalty and misses, when your lucks out it's out, will have to concentrate on the Champions League next week which I'm looking forward to.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

Picked Haller as captain in my best team, was a case of after the Lord Mayor's show, comes the dustcart.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

finished 105th and 748th in the weekly monster out of 4198 teams, couple of weeks ago finished 171 I think, my highest ever finish was 82nd

Played the seasonal game with 10 men thanks to T-A-A injury, was 127pts from 1st now 118, week 5 car crash hard to recover from, still have a decent team for week 8. I will probably captain Salah v Watford, because Pep will probably be Pep and bench De Bruyne v Burnley thinking they're easy.

Incidentally, does anyone know what the tie breaker rule is for finishing level on points with someone in the weekly, I finished level with someone but received 40pence left, and many others who finished level with other players had different prize totals ? seemed to be further down

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

anyone else disappointed they don't have live public chat anymore, I used to enjoy all the winding up, and whinging :D

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

have 1 team ITM in the Champions League, but officially stand no chance of winning, in 923rd place with 306.3pts, which is 74.3pts behind, so basically a full weeks worth of pts behind, though 21pts behind top 200 to get money back which is doable.

incidentally it's seems daft the minimum withdrawal is £20, I had to deposit the minimum £10 to then withdraw £20, and you can't withdraw the pence either, just in whole pounds, what's that about.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

had Vardy as captain in the monster, though the team would not have won anything, refunded 12.60, every cloud :D

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

the Champions League game didn't turn out well for me, my best team was itm going into game week 6 but Dybala captain and barella the fella being sent off meant it went south, not even finishing with enough small change to enter the weekend monster lol, disappointing it was all a waste of time and money but you have to be in it to win it, well done to the guy who looks to have won bar a massive Zapata goal haul, he was a single entrant, it can be done!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Are you going to try and qualify for WCOFF?

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I've had 2-3 or 3 attempts to win a ticket already and will probably have one more next week, would love a crack at it but my satellite attempts have not been good so far

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

entered some satellite comps for WCOFF this midweek, will be my last attempt I think

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

happy new year for 2022 fisoers, let's hope somebody reading this wins big next year in any format, I think I will have another real go at the champions league knockouts

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Happy New Year mate, enjoy your posts. And likewise I'm looking forward to CL game (aka nothing to play for in seasonal - LOL!).

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Happy New Year mate, keep up the great work jinxing my rivals :D

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

thanks cbn/blockhead hope you had a good one, for me it's not the failing that matters it's the journey, least that's what gets me out of bed in the morning :D

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

great start to the second chance game, I picked Maddison :roll:

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

have Ramsey in my second chance team, says 0% ownership, anyone know exactly how many people own him ? maybe only ffstuff would know

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

How are you getting on in 2nd chance league? I'm just inside the top 100 having based my strategy on having lots of DGW players so far. Noticed CBN was briefly top yesterday having played the wildcard.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I am just over the 2000th pos mark with just over 125 pts, so 43pts behind top, dropped a clanger not picker Fernandes first week but given how badly I tend to start comps, this is one of the better one's :D

have 2 transfers for the next game week, will probably use 1 and get rid of Maddison

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

good luck to anyone in WCOFF tonight, let us know how you get on.

Jimbo20
FISOhead

Post by Jimbo20 »

Just the one entry for me. Coleman, Sissoko and Richarlison playing tonight,De Bruyne captain. Good luck to anyone else that has entered.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I've found us a super differential for the upcoming DGW in the 2nd chance game, but let's keep it to ourselves :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jimbo20
FISOhead

Post by Jimbo20 »

I'm waiting for the third chance league after a bad start in the second chance league.

Jimbo20
FISOhead

Post by Jimbo20 »

Bad start in the WCOFF aswell. Need a good night tonight,think my chances of winning are over already though.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”