To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 10th, 11th and 12th December

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: TFF chit chat 10th, 11th and 12th December

Post by murf »

Canaryfan wrote:
Jamjack wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 18:51 Slightly concerned that omicron could turn December / January into a bit of a fantasy farce. Think I need to re-assess my transfer rule of thumb in those circumstances.
Auntie reporting a number of Man U players have tested positive so their midweek game at Brentford is in doubt. The Kane -> Ronaldo transfer started well, but may end up with the latter suffering the same postponement frustration.
Heard that nobody in weekend team/squad is affected.

EDIT I see BBC article says squad were all negative BEFORE the saturday game. Could be confusion in mind of my earlier source and maybe they are first teamers??
I think the latest covid issues could screw up our teams so, yep, minimise other transfers and hide behind the sofa.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

In any event, being behind the sofa with four weeks supply of mince pies and a decent selection of liqueurs is the fail safe strategy for anything that can be thrown at you over the next month, fantasy football related or otherwise.

You know where I am if you need me 👍

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Covid updates-

Villa - boss Steven Gerrard confirmed that "a couple of staff members and a couple of players" have tested positive for the virus, which led to Gerrard cancelling training on Sunday. However, the squad trained as normal on Monday.

Manchester United - the club says it "can confirm that following confirmation of yesterday’s positive Covid-19 cases among the first team staff and players, the decision has been taken to close down first team operations at the Carrington training complex for 24 hours, to minimise risk of any further infection. Individuals who tested positive are isolating as per Premier League protocols." "
Given cancellation of training and disruption to the squad, and with the health of players and staff the priority, the Club is in discussion with the Premier League whether it is safe for Tuesday’s fixture against Brentford to continue, both from a Covid infection and player preparation perspective. Team and staff travel to London will be deferred pending the result of that discussion.

Brighton - "We've got a combination of injuries and a bit of Covid ourselves ..... We've got three or four, I would say, at the moment. And obviously that's something we have to deal with, like everybody else. Now we're just checking and making sure it's at that number."

Raducanu - tested positive. You can't afford her anyway.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Copied from a Scout tweet.

“The Premier League have confirmed that between December 6-12, there were 3,805 players and club staff tested for Covid-19. Of these, there were 42 new positive cases.

The previous high mark for weekly positive cases in 2021/22 was 16.”

And so it begins…

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Jamjack wrote:Copied from a Scout tweet.

“The Premier League have confirmed that between December 6-12, there were 3,805 players and club staff tested for Covid-19. Of these, there were 42 new positive cases.

The previous high mark for weekly positive cases in 2021/22 was 16.”

And so it begins…
It was up massively in number of tests (from 2295 week before) too so they are being thorough.

Previous record was 40 positives last January.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Unless folks have hugged the tortoise until it’s near suffocated, I don’t think you can afford to be transferring for covid gaps. Wonder if we will see a return to the club bubble regime (I assume that’s not a thing anymore).

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Jamjack wrote:Unless folks have hugged the tortoise until it’s near suffocated, I don’t think you can afford to be transferring for covid gaps. Wonder if we will see a return to the club bubble regime (I assume that’s not a thing anymore).
Sort of like any injury/ban I guess. 2 games out and you have to think about it. 1 and off form and they are gone! Bit like Kane this weekend. bigger when you have replaced them with someone missing the next game!

Main way you have to think differently is that those bonus games from your new player are less guaranteed than normal. Pain in the proverbial.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 23:14
Jamjack wrote:Unless folks have hugged the tortoise until it’s near suffocated, I don’t think you can afford to be transferring for covid gaps. Wonder if we will see a return to the club bubble regime (I assume that’s not a thing anymore).
Sort of like any injury/ban I guess. 2 games out and you have to think about it. 1 and off form and they are gone! Bit like Kane this weekend. bigger when you have replaced them with someone missing the next game!

Main way you have to think differently is that those bonus games from your new player are less guaranteed than normal. Pain in the proverbial.
Exactly. My one Kane frustration based on form became a Covid exit to Ronaldo and now he could well be sitting out for two games. My covid daisy chain could run out of daisy’s before the winter is out :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”