To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL chat 2023/24 season

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: NFL chat 2021/22 season

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 19:14 Pats are now #1 seed as it stands :shock:

Trying to decide my allegiance for the potential/inevitable BB-TB-Bowl. Darth Vader v the Emperor, Joffrey v Ramsay, Groomyd v Dot (not that they were ever allies in any way…) you get the idea. Leaning towards Bill to make things all square but then again, their fans would be insufferable and it could start another 20-year dynasty with Brady’s clone at the helm…
I'm with Bill on this one.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 21:17 Watson is kinda still around....
Yeah, he won’t be playing for Houston again though. Someone else can have that problem (and will no doubt mortgage the future to take him on).

In that list I didn’t even include the just-above-the-cutoff QBs like Cousins and Carr and even Stafford (who could be back on the hotseat with a few poor performances) or the first-year draftees attracting a bit of buyer’s remorse (one of the Sky pundits was close to writing off Zach on Sunday…) There’s remarkably few untouchable starters (who aren’t going to retire or demand a move or whatever…)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I have the first 3 in the mix, but it would be harsh on Zach? Does he have an OL and a weapon or 2?

Í like the idea of McVey the psycho being on the hot seat. I've known a load of weird people and I think he is seriously scary...

The questions are:

Are there more or less QBs than clubs?
Are there the right OC and HCs for the QBs?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

There’s probably more “OK-ish” QBs than teams, but nowhere near enough outstanding ones, which is why teams will gamble. Untouchables are in single figures, even if you count the ones who might be unsettled and want a move.

HCs and OCs are a lottery. Even ones that are good in one place can be shite in another. And most are unknown quantities when they start out in a job.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I've thought it for a while that the connection etc of QB and H/OC is the key and as evidence I offer

Carroll and Wilson doesn't work as well as Wilson could with a Kingsbury, Reid etc. I try to think of M'Homie at the Seahawks and it doesn't involve Championship Game and 2 SB's.

The Buccs kicked on last season when Aryans listened to Brady and they merged their ideas with Tompa allowed to throw underneath. I actually blame Bruce for shafting Jameis (sp) by encouraging him to risk it, when he needs refining in a bit, and he was on at the Saints?

BillBelli is good with a QB like his new one rather than Cam, which was weird but I guess he wanted a go with a mobile one...

There was an interesting clip about Baker possibly being better with a Kingsbury/Reid type HOC rather than the Game Manager type like Gwen, Shanahan, McPsycho, and BillBelli who was going to (try to) trade up to get him in the draft if he fell enough.

So I'm looking at mismatches as anything and I might start trying to find Knee-biters Post Match Conferences on YouTube 🤣

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

A few games with Keenum starting would be interesting as we could sign him up for medium cash and be able to keep most/all of the rest. There is a bit of evidence that we may be going that sort of way as we're paying the (inside) Guards quite a bit, that people are assuming means less for the QB.

To add some credence to that kind of idea Shanahan wanted Cousins when he was given Gina, and it is fair to assume that Gina was Tom lite, which is Cousins? Except Gina wasn't quite what they were looking for? This does tally with the theory that they did trade up for the New Pat, rather than Lance.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 22:19 A few games with Keenum starting would be interesting as we could sign him up for medium cash and be able to keep most/all of the rest. There is a bit of evidence that we may be going that sort of way as we're paying the (inside) Guards quite a bit, that people are assuming means less for the QB.

To add some credence to that kind of idea Shanahan wanted Cousins when he was given Gina, and it is fair to assume that Gina was Tom lite, which is Cousins? Except Gina wasn't quite what they were looking for? This does tally with the theory that they did trade up for the New Pat, rather than Lance.
What, and had their head turned by a more exciting prospect/by the reaction of the pundits?

Someone like Keenum probably wouldn't do a terrible job but there's a reason why he's a career backup, he won't win you the key moments in the play-offs - you're always looking for a better option, just like probably half the teams in the NFL are. As I've said before, the two ways to win a SB in this era are 1) get Brady/wait for the next Manning, or 2) get lucky with someone still on a rookie contract, before you've had to dismantle your roster to keep him. How many journeymen QBs have won them? Foles perhaps, but he hit a hot streak taking over from an injured starter. Flacco maybe fits that category but he was probably above average for the first half of his career. Before that you're going back to Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer in the early '00s, which appears to have been a strange in-between sort of era as one generation of legends made way for the next.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The problem with recent times is Bill/Tom so maybe only the others should be counted? They are up there with the QB/H(O)C fit and Bill looks like he has Tom-lite, just like Reid is a good fit for M'Homie.

The questioning of Baker really started when we lost to the Chefs in the Play Off as Baker had plenty of time to win after we broke M'Homie. There have been too many similar defeats since. (I guess a whack of locals don't like him and I can see why as he is marmite so he had opponents back then...)

The Franchise has shown patience and before Gwen he was clearly less guilty than Kitchens et al. But I don't think we have won a close game apart from being shite in garbage time and some may have come close, but we haven't done the business with the ball on the last few mins....

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

WFT wins again :shock:

Tanking fail :roll:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Bob Newhart wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 07:16 WFT wins again :shock:

Tanking fail :roll:
You’re in the play-offs as it stands…

Bad year to tank anyway, with the nature of the draft class and the teams with multiple picks who have a lot of power. As it stands, New York (well, New Jersey) collectively holds picks 4-7, and Philly has three in top 14.

Seahawks are now the second worst team in the NFC, and as it stands have given up a #4 overall pick for a safety. Might as well have traded it for the other kind of safety, i.e. a 2-point score…

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

forestfan wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 09:03You’re in the play-offs as it stands… Bad year to tank anyway, with the nature of the draft class and the teams with multiple picks who have a lot of power. As it stands, New York (well, New Jersey) collectively holds picks 4-7, and Philly has three in top 14.
Can't see us staying there, but at least we're showing some spirit and fight. Same as last year, start crap and improve... maybe next year we can put together an entire season?

It'd also be awesome (and novel) to have an offseason without scandal surrounding the franchise for a change.

Sort of concur around tanking, we need a QB but none of them seem to be top of the draft material, so one should fall to us later on.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Carroll has blamed Wilson 😱😱😱🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm happy imagining Washington winning the Division and picking up Buck for next season 😎😎😎

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Carroll’s even broken his elite QB now. Giving Wenger a run for his money in terms of outstaying his sell-by date…

NFC Least looks up for grabs again with Dallas losing their way. Aside from the fact that an 8-9 team could get in as a wildcard.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Less than 500 is in as it stands......

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Mostly division games left for the NFC East and 5 out the last 6 for WFT. It wouldn't be crazy for the Giants to finish 4-2 v Dolphins, Chargers, Bears and the 3 East teams to get to 8-9

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Mo Bot wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:19 Mostly division games left for the NFC East and 5 out the last 6 for WFT. It wouldn't be crazy for the Giants to finish 4-2 v Dolphins, Chargers, Bears and the 3 East teams to get to 8-9
Yep. It only takes the Cowboys to keep losing......

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Bob Newhart wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 10:26
forestfan wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 09:03You’re in the play-offs as it stands… Bad year to tank anyway, with the nature of the draft class and the teams with multiple picks who have a lot of power. As it stands, New York (well, New Jersey) collectively holds picks 4-7, and Philly has three in top 14.
Can't see us staying there, but at least we're showing some spirit and fight. Same as last year, start crap and improve... maybe next year we can put together an entire season?

It'd also be awesome (and novel) to have an offseason without scandal surrounding the franchise for a change.
You’ve got the big rebrand unveiling this offseason… how badly can they screw that up after a couple of years of thought? :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:22
Mo Bot wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:19 Mostly division games left for the NFC East and 5 out the last 6 for WFT. It wouldn't be crazy for the Giants to finish 4-2 v Dolphins, Chargers, Bears and the 3 East teams to get to 8-9
And the Giants are Brady (or Belichick?)’s February kryptonite…

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Saints, Cards and 4 division games left for the Cowboys. makes it interesting at least

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:24
I'm rather confident that the Giants won't win the SB.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

You’ve got the big rebrand unveiling this offseason… how badly can they screw that up after a couple of years of thought? :lol:
You mean like the Cleveland Guardians in baseball? Guardians???

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Mo Bot wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:26 Saints, Cards and 4 division games left for the Cowboys. makes it interesting at least
Aints should be a gimme with an entire second-string offense… others could be tougher. Thought the Iggles were coming up on the rails before their loss to NYG. They have the Jets next so a chance to bounce back.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:27
I'm rather confident that the Giants won't win the SB.
Yeah, probably a pretty safe bet. But you can’t rule anything out this year, maybe we can just about write off the Lions…

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Mo Bot wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:27

There’s plenty of worse British newspapers to name yourselves after… in fact probably the best one to choose if you want to be anti-racist!

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

The Washington Sunday Sports sounds good

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Mo Bot wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:45 The Washington Sunday Sports sounds good
Needs a Gold and Sullivan takeover (upgrade on Snyder anyway!)

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

I wouldn't put anything past Snyder :roll:

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

forestfan wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:32

There’s plenty of worse British newspapers to name yourselves after… in fact probably the best one to choose if you want to be anti-racist!
The Washington Yorkshires?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Bob Newhart wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 12:02
forestfan wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:32

The Washington Yorkshires?
Headingley might need a new tenant…

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Washington Winners?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”