To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 27th and 28th November

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

TFF chit chat 27th and 28th November

Post by morganb »

SATURDAY 27TH NOVEMBER

Arsenal 12:30 Newcastle United

This weekend kicks off with a game at 12:30 featuring 5th place Arsenal against bottom of the table Newcastle. The Gunners suffered a heavy defeat last time out against Liverpool. No new injuries to report. The Magpies picked up a useful point in a high scoring draw against Brentford which unfortunately saw Schar come off with a knock.

Crystal Palace 15:00 Aston Villa

Three 3pm games this Saturday, the first of which takes place at Selhurst Park between Crystal Palace and Aston Villa. The Eagles lie in 10th place but are on a decent run of form with three draws and two wins in their last 5. Eze was fit enough for the bench last weekend. Villa got their first win in five last week, and are now 15th.

Liverpool 15:00 Southampton

Third place Liverpool take on Southampton at Anfield in the next 3pm game. The Red recorded a good win in the CL in midweek, Salah on the scoresheet. Firmino is getting closer to a return to action and Keita could be back. Mid-table Southampton lost to Norwich last weekend. No Stuart Armstrong for the Saints.

Norwich City 15:00 Wolverhampton Wanderers

The final 3pm game is Norwich City versus Wolverhampton Wanderers at Carrow Road. Norwich are on a two game winning streak and are no longer bottom of the league. No new injury concerns for the Canaries. Wolves are in fine form at the moment, they lie in 6th place after their poor start to the season. Jimenez with two goals in the last three matches.

Brighton & Hove Albion 17:30 Leeds United

The final game this Saturday kicks off at 5:30 and features Brighton v Leeds. The Seagulls haven't won for a month and have slipped to 9th place. Only Welbeck injured for Brighton. Leeds are 17th and suffering badly from second season syndrome. Looks like Rodrigo and Raphinha are fit but Patrick Bamford is still out injured.

SUNDAY 28TH NOVEMBER

Brentford 14:00 Everton

Four 2pm games this Sunday. Brentford against Everton is the first up. The Bees have gradually slipped down the table, has last week's draw stopped the rot? Jensen could be back after recovering from Covid. The Toffees are also on a poor run of form, 1 point collected from a possible 15. No DCL or Davies (injured). No Holgate or Richarlison (suspensions). Grey to have a late fitness test.

Burnley 14:00 Tottenham Hotspur

Burnley versus Tottenham Hotspur next. Burnley are in 18th place but have been picking up points of late, drawing with Chelsea and Palace. Westwood and Tarkowski both suspended. Barnes may be fit. Spurs suffered a defeat in the Conference in midweek but Kane did get on the scoresheet. Romero out injured as is Lo Celso.

Leicester City 14:00 Watford

At the King Power it is Leicester City against Watford. The Foxes recorded a good win in Europe on Thursday, they will be hoping they can now get their first league win in four. No Tielemans, no Pereira. 16th place Watford beat Man U 4-1 last time out causing Ole to be sacked. Star man Sarr went off with a knock last weekend.

Manchester City 14:00 West Ham United

The last of the 14:00 games is Manchester v West Ham United. 2nd v 4th in one of the biggest games of the weekend. Both teams were victorious in Europe in midweek. Foden and Grealish should be recovered from knocks. KDB out with Covid. The Hammers were beaten Wolves last weekend and will be missing Ogbonna from their back line.

Chelsea 16:30 Manchester United

And finally, the 4:30pm match is probably the game with the biggest spotlight in it, Chelsea versus Manchester United. The Red Devils finally sacked Ole after defeat to Watford. Michael Carrick was in charge in the CL and will still be at the wheel for this one. No Varane, Maguire (suspended), Pogba. Doubts over Shaw, Cavani and Greenwood. Chelsea are top and won convincingly against Juventus on Tuesday. No Chilwell or Kovacic, doubts over Kante and Havertz.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: TFF chit chat 27th and 28th November

Post by murf »

So....

Chelsea defenders.

These have been brilliant and having 2 in most teams I have done well so should I get a third or even a 4th? With Chilwell out (thankfully not mine) and Alonso set to step in at just £3.6m shall I add him?

That would mean selling a cheapie and have a 5 man defence of Cancelo, TAA, 3 * Chelsea. Or just switch keeper to Mendy? [EDIT - see below re AFCON/January/Mendy]

OTT or the way to go?

You won't win the league this way as so many are ahead of the game with 3, 4 or 5 Chelsea defenders and pulling further ahead of me despite me climbing. I just want to do as well as possible.
Last edited by murf on 26 Nov 2021, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

TFF e-mail's transfer update:

Top 100 - 31.37 transfers used (was 31.61 - DOWN 0.24!!)
Top 1,000 - 23.72 (was 23.35 - up just 0.37)
Top 10,000 - 17.56 (was 16.31 - up 1.25)

I'm guessing those weird changes are due to sensibly managed top defender (inc Chelsea) heavy teams overtaking the bigger transfer splurging hares in the top 100-1000.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

@murf when changing keepers recently I've taken Alisson over the same priced Mendy. Kinda hoping Chelsea start to let a few in but have insurance from the defenders when they usually don't.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Darbyand wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 12:22 @murf when changing keepers recently I've taken Alisson over the same priced Mendy. Kinda hoping Chelsea start to let a few in but have insurance from the defenders when they usually don't.
Mendy is probably off to the AFCON in January so you were wise/lucky!

Premier League players going to AFCON 2021
Arsenal: Thomas Partey (Ghana), Mohamed Elneny (Egypt), Pierre Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon), Nicolas Pepe (Ivory Coast)
Aston Villa: Mahmoud Trezeguet (Egypt), Bertrand Traore (Burkina Faso), Marvelous Nakamba (Zimbabwe)
Brentford: Julian Jeanvier (Guinea), Frank Onyeka (Nigeria), Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Ghana),
Brighton: Yves Bissouma (Mali)
Burnley: Maxwel Cornet (Ivory Coast)
Chelsea: Edouard Mendy (Senegal), Hakim Ziyech (Morocco)
Crystal Palace: Cheikhou Kouyate (Senegal), Jeffrey Schlupp (Ghana), Jordan Ayew (Ghana), Wilfried Zaha (Ivory Coast)
Everton: Jean-Philippe Gbamin (Ivory Coast), Alex Iwobi (Nigeria)
Leeds United: None
Leicester City: Daniel Amartey (Ghana), Nampalys Mendy (Senegal), Wilfred Ndidi (Nigeria), Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria)
Liverpool: Mohamed Salah (Egypt), Naby Keita (Guinea), Sadio Mane (Senegal)
Manchester City: Riyad Mahrez (Algeria)
Manchester United: Eric Bailly (Ivory Coast), Amad Diallo (Ivory Coast)
Newcastle United: None
Norwich City: None
Southampton: Moussa Djenepo (Mali), Mohammed Salisu (Ghana),
Tottenham Hotspur: None
Watford: Peter Etebo (Nigeria), William Troost-Ekong (Nigeria), Adam Masina (Morocco), Ismaila Sarr (Senegal), Emmanuel Dennis (Nigeria), Imran Lousa (Morocco)*
West Ham: Benrahma (Algeria)*
Wolves: Romain Saiss (Morocco), Willy Boly (Ivory Coast)*

(not my list so blame Talksport (+ some marked * added from Sky list) for any inaccuracies - but please shout if you spot any!)
Last edited by murf on 26 Nov 2021, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Probably need an AFCON thread but these dates are relevant for what your players may (or may not) miss. Nobody knows for sure when call ups will start (it could be SIX TFF GAMES)-

January 1, 2 and 3 - Premier League round 21
Midweek of January 3 - Carabao Cup semi-final first leg
Weekend of January 8 - FA Cup third round
January 9 - AFCON group stage starts
Midweek of January 10 - Carabao Cup semi-final second leg
January 14, 15, 16 - Premier League round 22
January 20 - AFCON group stage ends
January 21, 22 and 23 - Premier League round 23
January 23 to 26 - AFCON last 16
January 29 and 30 - AFCON quarter-finals
February 2 and 3 - AFCON semi-finals
Weekend of February 5 - FA Cup fourth round
February 6 - AFCON final and third-place play-off
February 8 and 9 - Premier League round 24

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Afri ... of_Nations

* Note, you may soon spot a new game which seasoned FISOers will be expecting and waiting for with baited breath *

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Thanks for the AFCON info - my breath is now baited

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 11:46 You won't win the league this way as so many are ahead of the game with 3, 4 or 5 Chelsea defenders and pulling further ahead of me despite me climbing. I just want to do as well as possible.
Exactly the thought I’m wrestling with. Wish I’d gone OTT with at least one team 6 weeks ago. Right now my 2 x Chelsea defender points disappoint of a weekend!

Am I really willing my players to score / assist AND concede! 🤣

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

I wonder if the Epsilon/Gamma variant might have something to say about AFCON this time around.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Darbyand wrote:I wonder if the Epsilon/Gamma variant might have something to say about AFCON this time around.
The variant is mostly in southern Africa (correct? - just my vague impression from news earlier!) and the tournament is central Africa with mostly northern and central teams. South Africa themselves not on it.

Fingers crossed.....

....that it does happen as the creator, organiser and fan of a certain fantasy game

... that it doesn't happen as a Liverpool / Premier League/ FA Cup fan

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Arsenal v Newcastle (12:30 GMT)

Arsenal make just the one change from their 4-0 defeat at Liverpool with Martin Odegaard replacing Alexandre Lacazette, who drops to the bench. It is Odegaard's first Arsenal start in over a month.

Arsenal: Ramsdale, White, Gabriel, Tomiyasu, Tavares, Lokonga, Partey, Smith, Rowe, Odegaard, Saka, Aubameyang.
Subs: Leno, Tierney, Lacazette, Maitland-Niles, Holding, Pepe, Elneny, Nketiah, Martinelli.

Goalkeeper Martin Dubravka makes his first Newcastle appearance of the season after recovering from a foot injury.
Eddie Howe makes three changes from the 3-3 draw at Brentford, including the Slovakia international replacing Karl Darlow. Emil Krafth and Ryan Fraser come in for Ciaran Clark and Jacob Murphy in the other two changes.

Newcastle: Dubravka, Schar, Lascelles, Krafth, Ritchie, Shelvey, Willock, Fraser, Saint-Maximin, Joe Linton, Wilson.
Subs: Darlow, Clark, Lewis, Hayden, Hendrick, Manquillo, Murphy, Almiron, Longstaff.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

morganb wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 12:44 Thanks for the AFCON info - my breath is now baited
Is it baited or bated?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Not sure but don't really want to know what is trying to be caught using the average FISOer's breath as bait.

Darbyand
FISO Knight

Post by Darbyand »

12 first half points for Jota means Liverpool have the leading points scorer for a Forward and top 2 Midfielders.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Darbyand wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 15:59 12 first half points for Jota means Liverpool have the leading points scorer for a Forward and top 2 Midfielders.
If TAA gets an assist and CS he'll be top defender too!

Allison just needs a CS and 12 saves to catch Mendy....

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

murf wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 16:02
Darbyand wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 15:59 12 first half points for Jota means Liverpool have the leading points scorer for a Forward and top 2 Midfielders.
If TAA gets an assist and CS he'll be top defender too!

Allison just needs a CS and 12 saves to catch Mendy....
Van (Dijk, Alexander, Arnold)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

5 games down and only 4 teams have scored, 1 of them a late onsolation.

6 CSs.

Liverpool, with 'only' 4 have scored just 1 less goal than the other 9 teams combined.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

High : 61

Low : 8
Low (active) : 18

Best team : 31, climbed slightly

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

murf wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 11:46 So....

Chelsea defenders.

These have been brilliant and having 2 in most teams I have done well so should I get a third or even a 4th? With Chilwell out (thankfully not mine) and Alonso set to step in at just £3.6m shall I add him?

With Chelsea playing United this weekend I'd hold off for a week...... :roll:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Jester wrote:
murf wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 11:46 So....

Chelsea defenders.

With Chelsea playing United this weekend I'd hold off for a week...... :roll:
It's a bonus game! Can't see them scoring negative (obviously depends who you would sell and their game next week if begore Chelsea)

SamD
FISO Knight

AFCON

Post by SamD »

In follow up:
Fifa stipulates players must be released by their clubs on 27 December, 13 days before the African Cup of Nations begins. It's possible some could be allowed to join their national squads at a later date.

Sunday's Observer provides further details and also lists the 40 Premier League players due to participate in AFCON: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ier-league

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Post by Canaryfan »

Is Foden to Cancelo a no-brainer assuming the latter starts today? Asking for a friend.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Canaryfan wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 12:17 Is Foden to Cancelo a no-brainer assuming the latter starts today? Asking for a friend.
Foden might start today or be back in midweek. Cancelo is verging on a must have (tell your friend he is very, very late to this party) but who to sell is a different question. Foden not starting is only relevant if other candidates have games today.

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Post by Canaryfan »

murf wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 12:21
Canaryfan wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 12:17 Is Foden to Cancelo a no-brainer assuming the latter starts today? Asking for a friend.
Foden might start today or be back in midweek. Cancelo is verging on a must have (tell your friend he is very, very late to this party) but who to sell is a different question. Foden not starting is only relevant if other candidates have games today.
I think he was having such a good time at the Chelsea defence party he forgot there could be other parties!

Antonio is the only other candidate to be transferred out, but he has already been pencilled in to become Jota after WHam's 3-1 over Liverpool.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Foden and Grealish rumoured AWOL from squad

Burnley and Spurs in doubt. Weather. Some good photos of everyone wrapped up in the snow inspecting the pitch with Sean Dyche in just a shirt and tie!

Darbyand
FISO Knight

Post by Darbyand »

murf wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 12:48 Foden and Grealish rumoured AWOL from squad
Man City XI: Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, Gundogan (C), Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus

Live weather report from Lancashire: (Bury at the moment) snow turning to drizzle.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Kane in for Bruno looking great now..... :-|

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

murf wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 12:48 Foden and Grealish rumoured AWOL from squad

Burnley and Spurs in doubt. Weather. Some good photos of everyone wrapped up in the snow inspecting the pitch with Sean Dyche in just a shirt and tie!
Off :x

SamD
FISO Knight

28 Nov

Post by SamD »

Team news, four 14.00 GMT matches (now three)

Man City: Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo,
Rodri, Gundogan, Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez.
Subs: Steffen (GK), Carson (GK), Stones, Ake, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Palmer, McAtee.

West Ham: Fabianski, Johnson, Dawson, Zouma, Creswell,
Soucek, Rice, Masuaku, Benrahma, Fornals, Antonio.
Subs: Areola (GK), Coufal, Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Vlasic, Noble, Bowen, Diop, Kral.

Brentford: Fernandez, Goode, Jansson, Pinnock, Canos, Henry,
Norgaard, Onyeka, Janelt, Toney, Mbuemo.
Subs: Cox, Thompson, Jensen, Forss, Wissa, Ghoddos, Baptiste, Sorensen, Roerslev.

Everton: Pickford, Coleman, Godfrey, Keane, Digne, Gordon, Allan, Doucoure, Iwobi, Townsend, Rondon.
Subs: Begovic, Kenny, Delph, Gray, Tosun, Gbamin, Branthwaite, Simms, Dobbin.

Leicester: Schmeichel, Castagne, Söyüncü, Evans, Thomas,
Soumare, Ndidi, Maddison, Lookman, Barnes, Vardy.
Subs: Ward, Amartey, Vestergaard, Dewsbury-Hall, Albrighton, Choudhury, Perez, Daka, Iheanacho.

Watford: Bachmann, Femenia, Cathcart, Ekong, Masina,
Sissoko, Hernandez, Louza, Cleverley, Dennis, King.
Subs: Elliot, Ngakia, Rose, Kabasele, Gosling, Fletcher, Tufan, Morris, Pedro.

* Match postponed *
Tottenham: Lloris, Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Emerson, Reguilon,
Hojbjerg, Skipp, Son, Lucas, Kane.
Subs: Gollini (GK), Doherty, Winks, Gil, Sessegnon, Alli, Bergwijn, Tanganga, Ndombele.

Burnley: Pope, Lowton, Mee, Collins, Taylor,
Gudmundsson, Cork, Brownhill, McNeil, Wood, Cornet.
Subs: Hennessey (GK), Roberts, Stephens, Lennon, Rodriguez, Pieters, Bardsley, Vydra, Long.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

Long way to go for the Spurs faithful just to be turned back at the gates - hope they car-shared?!!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”