To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Future of the Spring League

A Forum for all Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Links, Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users)

Are you happy with the current format of the Spring League?

1. Pull up the drawbridge. I miss the old days when only 3 teams were relegated so my place in the league was usually guaranteed.
5%
2. I'm a happy peep. Keep it as a tough, high turnover competition, even if it means I wont always get to play.
74%
3. I'm too old for rollercoasters. Stabilise things a bit with fewer relegations - though this will mean fewer opportunities to get back in.
No votes
4. Don't you know who I am? I liked it when Taca used to give me a license to play every year, no matter how pants my team was, just because I've been around forever and I post nonsense every day.
No votes
5. I don't care about the traditions or prestige of the competition, I just want to play. Expand the league so that more people can get in and we don't have to have so many relegations or tricky qualifying.
21%
6. Other. I've got a better idea and I've posted it below.
No votes

Total votes: 19

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

The Future of the Spring League

Post by Talkie Toaster »

This will be my third season of running the Spring League so I wanted to get some feedback on what people think of the format and the way in which the qualifiers are determined, so I've set up a poll. I'm not promising that whichever gets the most votes is what will be implemented - I'm just trying to get a feel for where people's' thoughts are, which may lead to some tweaking.

First though, I should start with an explanation of how we've ended up where we are and what I've been trying to achieve with the way the league is currently run (with apologies to those who may have read much of this before).
When I first joined FISO the Spring League was billed by Tacalabala as FISO's Premier competition. You had to be a FISO member for at least a year, have played FPL for at least the previous 2 years and be an active contributor to FISO just to be eligible to attempt to qualify, and qualifying involved a tortuous route through the FISO cup which usually meant winning a very tough qualification group and then playing off against other group winners to try and get 1 of just 3 places that were usually available.

At the end of the 2017/18 season Taca felt that due to only 3 people being automatically relegated from the Spring Leagues each season a large portion of the entry were people who were not really considered as regular contributors any more and that there was a growing number of newer and more active posters who were unable to get in. His solution was that only the 16 who qualified for the Super League would be automatically qualified for the next season and everyone else would have to earn a Spring League license either by posting on the FISO FPL forums at least once every month or by some other contribution such as running a sidegame.

When Taca disappeared and I took the game on I had to decide which way I was going to go on selecting the entry to the leagues. The problem that I had with Taca's License system (apart from being pretty admin heavy) was that some of the people who were getting excluded seemed to me to be people who I considered regulars who were missing out on a technicality of not making a post in one calendar month. I decided instead to go for something more like the Masters Golf Tournament, which is promoted as an invitational event, but in reality there are a lot of different routes through which people can qualify for an invitation on merit.

So this is how I'm trying to make it work:

First, everyone in the Super League will automatically qualify for the next season.

Second, everyone in the three Streamed Leagues who qualifies for the playoffs (ie the top 8)

Third, the 9th and 10th placed finishers in each streamed league. This means that those finishing in positions 11-16 are effectively relegated from the Spring League giving a turnover of 18 places each season.

Fourth, I'll find space for previous champions who haven't qualified through any of the above and still seem to be around.

Fifth, performance in other FISO FPL sidegames such as the H2H Leagues, Swiss Cup, FISO Cup, 5AS H2H, Mirror League, Formula 1, Divisionals. At least the winners of each of these games will be invited if they haven't already qualified and I may go down as far as 3rd/4th place in some of them. It all depends on how many have already qualified and how much duplication there is across the games as it's often the case that if someone has a good season then they do well in several competitions.

Finally, any places still left after all that will be filled through the FISO Cup. This is a nod back to when Taca was running both the Cup and the Spring League and the Cup was the route through which spaces would be filled.

After that the 3 Streamed Leagues are formed based on a coefficient which is the sum of people's FPL scores from the previous 2 seasons plus the score for the current season up to GW12. This is the same as what Taca used to use.

it's likely that some people who have been invited wont take up their places for various reasons and I'll have to look for replacements. This is where the process becomes a bit more subjective and I throw back to something a bit like Taca's License System. My aim is to try and give priority to those who contribute the most to making FISO what it is. So first I will look to give places to those who run sidegames and then those who give up their time to act as moderators on the forums. After that it's really down to who I can make the best case for being a 'regular', so in no particular order I'll be looking at things like recent posting, posting frequency, Spring League participation, participation in other side games and so on.
That brings us to where we have been for the last couple of seasons with a large number of teams relegated each year, but several different qualification streams through which they can get back in again. Qualification is still quite tough and there's a real chance that good players who have been in the league for many years find themselves missing out.

So the question is are people happy with this state of affairs, or is there a consensus for something different?

Would more stability in the participants be preferred? (Less automatic relegations, but tougher qualifying)

Rather than trying to keep it as an elite invitational competition would it be preferable to just let most people in who want to play? (Expand the league)

Give more preference to regular contributors rather than results based qualifying (places reserved for regulars, but tougher for newcomers to get in)

Cast your votes on the pole and feel free to post any comments and suggestions below. If there's a consensus to change things then I can hopefully take some guidance from that on the way to go. Everyone can vote or comment regardless of whether or not you are a current spring League participant or if you've never been involved before. You can recast your vote if you change your mind after having a think about it or being persuaded by someone else's argument.

And please try to vote for what you actually want rather than just what suits your current position, as that may be different by the time any changes may happen (If you vote to pull up the drawbridge now because you're currently in the league then you may regret it next season if you're relegated and facing a tough route to get back in :wink: ).

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Re: The Future of the Spring League

Post by hayesag »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 23:05
So the question is are people happy with this state of affairs, or is there a consensus for something different?

Would more stability in the participants be preferred? (Less automatic relegations, but tougher qualifying)

Rather than trying to keep it as an elite invitational competition would it be preferable to just let most people in who want to play? (Expand the league)

Give more preference to regular contributors rather than results based qualifying (places reserved for regulars, but tougher for newcomers to get in)

as a person that tends to be 'competitive' in side comps (spring league) but doesnt quite make the grade (i did win the streamed league one year :o ) i fear i could be missing out on the spring league for the first time in many a year

my preference is conflicting as i like the idea of the spring league being an elite invitational competition in the run up to end of season but at the same time i would like to see the league expanded a little if it meant more people gaining entry than missing out

maybe you could run a back door europa conference style league as the last route of entry for the also rans like myself :lol:

Aside from all that you are doing an excellent job in keeping this going :)

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

First of all, Talkie Toaster, thank you for taking up the reins and all you do running this and other side games as well.

TT, you know this because we have exchanged messages about it in the past. The year/18 months prior to Taca stepping away from FISO he was keen to increase the opportunity for others to get to play in The Spring League. He & I were on the same 5AS team so we exchanged loads of messages about things. For example (& I was just one example) despite being a regular on here for about 10+ years at the time I talked to him about how irrelevant the competition was to me as I had never been invited and it seemed like a closed shop. Conversely there were entrants who’d posted perhaps once a season for years. Taca wanted to boost and promote FISO as a place people wanted to spend their fantasy football time.

So how you run this is, I would say, very much in the spirit of what Taca wanted to achieve. His ‘post once a month’ was guided by the same instinct as your decision to draw from the number of different ways that people demonstrate their involvement in and commitment to FISO. He knew that it could lead to either requiring arbitrary decision making or the need for flexibility. But it was a start. (That same dilemma is something that I have inherited with The Rounded Keeper League although I’ll not confuse this thread by talking about that detail). Whilst you have drawn from the same instinct, a desire to balance something aspirational with a reasonable chance of getting involved, you have codified and improved it. TT, you don’t have to be bound by that past; but equally I’d not change much at all.

SP

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I wont respond in detail to posts now, as I want to give others a bit of time and space to have a say first.

It's worth saying a few words about the possibility of League expansion though. I remember from one of taca's posts that this was something he was considering as a way to reform the league, so increasing the league to 80 teams was something that I prepared and worked out a possible format for when I took over. Ultimately though, with falling numbers of entrants in FISO sidegames over the last few seasons it seemed like the wrong way to be going at the time, and I suspected that this was probably the reason why taca never followed up on it also. It is something that can be done though if I feel there is sufficient support for it without me having to spend Xmas chasing people to make the numbers up. hayesag's suggestion of making the 5th division a kind of separate qualifying league rather than part of the actual Spring League is interesting and worth a bit of thought though...

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

First off, thanks to you and all of the other league organisers for all the work you put in to the side games. They are a huge credit to Fiso. I agree with most of SP's feedback but with a couple of suggestions.

I would like to view the Spring League as an Elite qualification competition, similar to a Champions League level where selection is not guaranteed but earned by performance in this and other Fiso competitions as per your second, fifth and sixth points. Participation in these games doesn't necessarily correlate with forum participation but I don't see an easy or non time consuming way of measuring this.

My issue (I have no real problem with this but cant find a milder word) is with point 1 where it seems that qualifying for the Super League gets you a 2 year exemption. Why not have top 8 qualify for next year as per the other leagues?

For point 3, rewarding an upper bottom half finish with a place next year? This is the Spring League, not the Intertoto Cup.

As for former champions, the longer the comp goes, the more former champions there will be. Why not go with the golf analogy and give a 3/5 year exemption instead of a lifetime exemption?

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Thanks for al your work TT. :)

I think that in order to qualify ALL entrants should be required to post at least a 100 word CV explaining why they should be allowed to play without posting regularly in the

FISO

F O R U M :roll:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Many thanks for running this again and all the other admin work you do as well.
The Spring league is special and should remain that way. Relegation and having to fight to get back in should all be part of the game and that helps to keep it special.
I voted option 2, and I know that my FPL performance will not be able to guarantee that I get a place every year, so be it and I will just wish those playing good luck and have a go at qualifying next seasons.
The side games are what make FISO great, along with the tactical and interesting chat that happens here.
The only suggestion I would make is that Admin ( Chris) puts up a FISO mug for the spring cup and maybe the FISO cup and Divisional team of the season winner.
Thanks again and good luck to those lucky enough to gain entry and have a crack at winning :)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Just feedback from an outsider...

After coming to FISO I remember receiving a PM from Taca inviting me to enter some preliminary tournament or other related to the Spring League. I took a look at what it was all about and how it worked, only to find something so complex and involving jumping through so many hoops that I gave up in bewilderment and have never had the slightest interest in it since. Taca took control-freakery to unusual extremes and my impression of the Spring League was that it was a prime example of that.

For me, winning the Divisionals has some prestige of a sort. Wouldn't have a clue who has won the Spring League and wouldn't much care. So after all the convolutions it may be worth considering how relevant it actually is in its current form? It isn't to me anyway.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Thanks TT, for all you do to manage and nurture this and other sidegames here on FISO.

I voted 2 but I am not as passionate about this as some others. I have been in and out of the Spring League in seasons past. I have enjoyed being in, but haven't been terribly dismayed when I have missed out.

I am not an advocate for the secret handshake philosophy. It's part of what I like about the Divisionals - all are welcome, join at any time, rewards and penalties are merit-based. Some might say that's exactly what the Divisionals are for, and this isn't a discussion about the Divisionals. Fair enough.

Back on-topic, I think the size of the competition - 4 divisions of 16 - is fine. And I don't have a problem with the five criteria you have set out. I wouldn't reward a participant who missed playoffs the previous season though. The fact those leagues are streamed means that all of the "just missed's" are not really equivalent, and with a regular season of 15 weeks there is ample opportunity to earn your play-off spot anyway.

No matter how you fill those final places, i.e. the replacements for those who don't take up their spots, some people will grumble. This is probably where the "be kind to the organiser" rule kicks in. Do whatever works for you, and if somebody moans at you because they didn't get in as the emergency, back-up, last minute sub-in, then that probably validates your decision. :)

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

Im not happy with the system, the system should not be a virtual closed shop, there should be an equal opportunity for members to quality for the Spring cup, it should be meritocracy based with members having as far as possible similar chances to qualify, fine if some members enter several qualifying competitions and others only enter one or two but for some members not to get access to qualifying competitions puts those members at a disadvantage.
Some members might have several routes available to them to qualify others like myself hardly any, as a long standing member I tried to enter several comps this season which as it turns out would have been qualifying comps for the Spring cup but for some reason or other I was only partially successful in being accepted into these competitions giving me less chance of qualifying than some other members.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

trampie wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 07:42 I tried to enter several comps this season which as it turns out would have been qualifying comps for the Spring cup but for some reason or other I was only partially successful in being accepted into these competitions giving me less chance of qualifying than some other members.
I admin the FISO cup and divisionals and hope you are OK with the registration and running of those side games. I push the registration hard to try and get as many registered and playing as possible and do this over long period of time, but the cup has struggled to get the numbers signing up as in other seasons. I see you are mid table in the divisionals Sunday league and that is very strong league this season so good luck in round 2 and thank you for signing up :)

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

As an old hand, I am in this league most seasons. I missed out once due to poor performance, once after a year sabbatical, both fair enough.

As with all side games, thank you for running. I appreciate the effort put in by side game admins. Do whatever rule tweaks you judge may reduce admin time.

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

As regards 'FPL' comps I will just have to try and enter every FISO 'FPL' competition going next season just to get into other FISO 'FPL' competitions, with there being a limit on mini leagues when FISO 'FPL' comps crop up I think it might not be possible to enter even if not barred due to some kind of qualification rule due to maxing out on mini leagues.
It's as hard to get into a FISO 'FPL' comp as it is to win it. :wink:

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

trampie wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 07:42 Im not happy with the system, the system should not be a virtual closed shop, there should be an equal opportunity for members to quality for the Spring cup, it should be meritocracy based with members having as far as possible similar chances to qualify, fine if some members enter several qualifying competitions and others only enter one or two but for some members not to get access to qualifying competitions puts those members at a disadvantage.
Some members might have several routes available to them to qualify others like myself hardly any, as a long standing member I tried to enter several comps this season which as it turns out would have been qualifying comps for the Spring cup but for some reason or other I was only partially successful in being accepted into these competitions giving me less chance of qualifying than some other members.
trampie wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 13:16 As regards 'FPL' comps I will just have to try and enter every FISO 'FPL' competition going next season just to get into other FISO 'FPL' competitions, with there being a limit on mini leagues when FISO 'FPL' comps crop up I think it might not be possible to enter even if not barred due to some kind of qualification rule due to maxing out on mini leagues.
Hi trampie.

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is here. As far as I'm aware the only FPL sidegame being run at the moment with any kind of restrictive entry criteria, apart from this one, is the Rounded Keeper League, which you were accepted into.

All of the others are open to anyone who is a FISO member and has an FPL team. I think the majority of the games started accepting registrations within a few days of the FPL game launching in mid-late June giving plenty of opportunity for everyone who wanted to register to do so. Yes, some have to operate a 1 in - 1 out system so whether or not you get in may depend on where you are in the queue, but not on any other factors. Some will require you to join a mini-league, but many do not. And most have some sort of registration deadline as the game admins often have a lot of work to do to get everything up and running before the season starts, so I don't think that is unreasonable.

I can only speak specifically on the games I run which you attempted to enter - The H2H Leagues and the Swiss Cup. You didn't attempt to enter either of these until 15th August - 2 days after the PL season had kicked off. This wasn't a problem with the H2H League as I had extended the deadline to try and get a Conference League formed (which you are now playing in and I thank you for participating in that :D), but I couldn't extend the same courtesy in the Swiss Cup as teams were already playing their first fixtures in that competition by then.

Now that you're in the H2H Leagues you'll get reminders from me next season to register again, so hopefully there wont be any issues with getting you into both games next time around.

The sidegame which offers the most chances to get into the Spring League (8 places this time around) is the FISO Cup - run by Oxford NZ as mentioned above, so make sure you at least enter that one.

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

How do you get in the FISO cup ? , is it first come first serve basis, restricted to 64 or 128 players, only get in if somebody drops out ?

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

trampie wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 17:27 How do you get in the FISO cup ? , is it first come first serve basis, restricted to 64 or 128 players, only get in if somebody drops out ?
maybe check the mini leagues & side games thread about a month before the start of season and show your interest. (people arent going to ask you to play unless they know u want to play) that would be a start :wink:

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

hayesag wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 17:35
trampie wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 17:27 How do you get in the FISO cup ? , is it first come first serve basis, restricted to 64 or 128 players, only get in if somebody drops out ?
maybe check the mini leagues & side games thread about a month before the start of season and show your interest. (people arent going to ask you to play unless they know u want to play) that would be a start :wink:
Indeed I will be sure to check for next season.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Just sign up with your fpl link before the deadline (normally about a week or so before the PL starts). No restrictions. The more the merrier.
ONZ would love it if there were 128 entrants next year, as would most of us sidegame admins. :wink:

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 14:59
trampie wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 07:42 Im not happy with the system, the system should not be a virtual closed shop, there should be an equal opportunity for members to quality for the Spring cup, it should be meritocracy based with members having as far as possible similar chances to qualify, fine if some members enter several qualifying competitions and others only enter one or two but for some members not to get access to qualifying competitions puts those members at a disadvantage.
trampie wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 13:16 As regards 'FPL' comps I will just have to try and enter every FISO 'FPL' competition going next season just to get into other FISO 'FPL' competitions, with there being a limit on mini leagues when FISO 'FPL' comps crop up I think it might not be possible to enter even if not barred due to some kind of qualification rule due to maxing out on mini leagues.
Hi trampie.

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is here. As far as I'm aware the only FPL sidegame being run at the moment with any kind of restrictive entry criteria, apart from this one, is the Rounded Keeper League, which you were accepted into.

All of the others are open to anyone who is a FISO member and has an FPL team. I think the majority of the games started accepting registrations within a few days of the FPL game launching in mid-late June giving plenty of opportunity for everyone who wanted to register to do so. Yes, some have to operate a 1 in - 1 out system so whether or not you get in may depend on where you are in the queue, but not on any other factors. Some will require you to join a mini-league, but many do not. And most have some sort of registration deadline as the game admins often have a lot of work to do to get everything up and running before the season starts, so I don't think that is unreasonable.

I can only speak specifically on the games I run which you attempted to enter - The H2H Leagues and the Swiss Cup. You didn't attempt to enter either of these until 15th August - 2 days after the PL season had kicked off. This wasn't a problem with the H2H League as I had extended the deadline to try and get a Conference League formed (which you are now playing in and I thank you for participating in that :D), but I couldn't extend the same courtesy in the Swiss Cup as teams were already playing their first fixtures in that competition by then.

Now that you're in the H2H Leagues you'll get reminders from me next season to register again, so hopefully there wont be any issues with getting you into both games next time around.

The sidegame which offers the most chances to get into the Spring League (8 places this time around) is the FISO Cup - run by Oxford NZ as mentioned above, so make sure you at least enter that one.
I see there is lots of work going into setting up some of these side games and I'm sure the participants appreciate it.
My concern was that having an elite competition (equivalent of a champions league) which entrant's have to qualify for I think is a good thing, having a criteria of needing to have been a Fiso member for a year or so would not be a bad thing also imo but I'm not sure there should be strict restrictions on the qualifying competitions to get to the elite competition.

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 17:50
Just sign up with your fpl link before the deadline (normally about a week or so before the PL starts). No restrictions. The more the merrier.
ONZ would love it if there were 128 entrants next year, as would most of us sidegame admins. :wink:
Sounds good. :D

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

If it aint broke..............................

17days
FISOhead
FS Record: Losing finalist Inter-Nowhere cup 17/18

Re: Pick Quick 21/22 GW9

Post by 17days »

andybarrell wrote:If it aint broke..............................
I agree with Andy, but I would have used less full stops

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Pick Quick 21/22 GW9

Post by blahblah »

17days wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 19:03
andybarrell wrote:If it aint broke..............................
I agree with Andy, but I would have used less full stops
So do I, and would have used loads more and some Emoji things :)

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to vote and post comments and suggestions. I had intended to respond a lot sooner than this, but was unable to at the time. Now that a new Spring League Season is upon us it seems like a good opportunity to finally put that right.

Firstly, last season was the first one where I seemed to have to make a lot of effort in the run up to GW21 to get all the places in the leagues filled up. I'm not sure if that was down to a general decline in interest with sidegames or the Premier League; the covid chaos and disruption to football and the fpl game which was going on at the time; or maybe everything being a bit more rushed than usual and me not chasing people up as much as I usually do, due to being out of commission for a while. Whatever the reason, it knocks on the head any idea of expanding the Spring League for the time being. I do like hayesag's idea though of having a single division 2nd tier competition, which would give those missing out a taste of the Spring League and a couple of qualifying spots for the Spring League proper the following year. If I were to consider an expansion to the game I would probably initially go down this route rather than adding another Division to the Spring League.

On a related note my experience so far this season has been that numbers participating in sidegames has stabilised somewhat after several years of steady decline. (The Swiss Cup actually had more entrants this season than in the previous one).

The results of the poll and most of the comments made, suggest that people are generally happy with having potentially a large turnover of players each season. The qualifying spots granted to those finishing in 9th/10th positions were largely down to me being uncertain if just restricting it to the top 8 would have been too big of a shift, too soon, from the way Taca used to run things. I've decided to drop those qualifying places now, so only the top 8 in the streamed leagues get an automatic qualification to the next season. I've decided to keep things as they are in the Super League however, with all 16 returning the following season. My reasoning is that qualifying for the Super League is supposed to be a reward for a good performance, so granting a safety net for an additional year isn't too unreasonable. Also, as participants for the Super League come from all of the streamed leagues, it may be viewed by some in the lower streams as a bit of a poisoned chalice to get bumped up to the Super League against stronger opposition with a threat of relegation from the whole game. They may feel they'd rather just stay in the lower league.

Regarding the places granted to returning champions, I've always quite liked the tradition that the likes of Sandy Lyle can still turn up at the Masters and pootle around with all of the other top players just because they won it donkey's years ago. Usually it's the case that most of the previous champions have either qualified by some other means or are no longer around, so there aren't many of them. I do take the point though that if they did all turn up in one year needing places then it would make a bit of a mess of the qualifying process. To deal with that possibility I've lowered the priority granted to previous champions and going forward I'll treat it as more of a courtesy than an absolute right to entry. If there is a situation where there are a large number of champions needing an entry then it will be a 'finger in the air' subjective decision by me as to how many and who get in.

I think that addresses all of the points and suggestions that haven't been dealt with already. Thanks again everyone and good luck with qualifying this season if you aren't in already. :D

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Thanks TT

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thanks TT. I have played in the super league once before and can testify that it is not easy playing with the big guns of fpl. Looking forward to this season and a good clean fight as they say :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”