To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2021/22

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2021/22

Post by forestfan »

And to think I was actually considering giving one or both CL nights a miss this week to finish Squid Game and catch up on Succession…

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Bob Newhart wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 21:38 Have to say, it really is a very good game at OT.
Ronaldo 3:2 :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Bob Newhart wrote:2:2 Slabhead :shock:
Must be the great half time team talk.

#moldefingermuststay

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

They do have bouncebackability, Ole’s side, I’ll give them that…

Will this be his City Ground 1990? ;)

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Robbie Savage really does want to catch Ronaldo’s eye, doesn’t he? Talk about fan boy

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Well that was another great CL match in this week of great CL matches!

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Individual talent pulled them through, but if nothing else, Ole has a habit of pulling a result out when he needs it. I’ve got a feeling they’ll get something against Liverpool at the weekend now.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Was genuinely concerned OGS might be moving closer to the exit door there. Phew.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

To me the problem is playing 4-2-3-1 with McFred.

The back six just don’t connect with the front four.

McTomminay drops into the back 4 too much and leaves Fred isolated, both of McFred lack the passing ability to quickly find Bruno in transition. So you end up with Luke Shaw carrying the ball being your only repeatable ball retaining transition.

Pogba can connect to the front four, not only to Bruno but he can find any of them with a one touch pass. Although the excessive McFred minutes leave the front four wrongly learning to hold their runs.

Utd do need a Kane/Viera/Kante type ‘orrible b’stard to play alongside Pogba and pour molten lava into his ear for 90minutes.

Rice, or Philips fit the role but Kante or Kimmich would be better.

But Ole doesn’t see any of this, he actually likes Fred.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

And breathe...oh and this :)
Screenshot (42).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Stu255 wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 22:10
Utd do need a Kane/Viera/Kante type ‘orrible b’stard to play alongside Pogba and pour molten lava into his ear for 90minutes.

We've needed such a player for about 10 years if not more!

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 22:11 And breathe...
Another great win for Ole. He'll be at your club forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever....... :wink:

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Bob Newhart wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 20:21 Lukaku off injured.
do we know if it's long time or kind of precaution?

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Ole: “we played well in the first half”

Let that sink in. 🥴

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Malrom wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 22:22
It did not look good but we will have to see what the scans show.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Mav3rick wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 21:55 Well that was another great CL match in this week of great CL matches!
Mav, I'm a bit worried by the Kris_fisoesque quality of some of your recent posts. :lol:

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Oxford NZ wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 22:29
Malrom wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 22:22
It did not look good but we will have to see what the scans show.
Tuchel on injuries to Lukaku and Werner: "We have a twist of the ankle for Romelu, and muscle injury and hamstring for Timo, so they will be some days out I guess.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 22:36
Mav3rick wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 21:55 Well that was another great CL match in this week of great CL matches!
Mav, I'm a bit worried by the Kris_fisoesque quality of some of your recent posts. :lol:
Sure isn't that the level of posting we should all be aspiring to?!!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 22:51
To the best of my knowledge Kris has not used any punctuation marks in his posts, Mav's exclamation mark raises the bar a level.
Maybe Stevieste can get him to add some to spice up the evening posts!

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Detective ONZ to the rescue! ‘It couldn’t have been Kris posing as Mav, Your Honour. There was an exclamation mark at the end of the sentence!’

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Stu255 wrote:To me the problem is playing 4-2-3-1 with McFred.

The back six just don’t connect with the front four.

McTomminay drops into the back 4 too much and leaves Fred isolated, both of McFred lack the passing ability to quickly find Bruno in transition. So you end up with Luke Shaw carrying the ball being your only repeatable ball retaining transition.

Pogba can connect to the front four, not only to Bruno but he can find any of them with a one touch pass. Although the excessive McFred minutes leave the front four wrongly learning to hold their runs.

Rice, or Philips fit the role but Kante or Kimmich would be better.

But Ole doesn’t see any of this, he actually likes Fred.
...at the weekend Moldefinger didn't pick McFred. They got beat 4-2.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Oxford NZ wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 23:06
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 22:51
To the best of my knowledge Kris has not used any punctuation marks in his posts, Mav's exclamation mark raises the bar a level.
Maybe Stevieste can get him to add some to spice up the evening posts!
He to predictable now, he will come on and say the Lukaku injury means Salah has to be captain this week.

The only way he could spice it up is to throw an exclamation mark in there 🤷‍♂️

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Malrom wrote:
Bob Newhart wrote: Lukaku off injured.
Do we know if it's long time or kind of precaution?
TT: "Romelu twisted his ankle when he was fouled in the box and Timo has a hamstring injury, so it will take a while for both of them. We need more examinations to be more precise but they will be out for some matches".

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/ ... ting-malmo

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

murf wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 23:12
Stu255 wrote:To me the problem is playing 4-2-3-1 with McFred.
...at the weekend Moldefinger didn't pick McFred. They got beat 4-2.
You still need a game plan and to give each player functional instructions.

Ole picks a formation, a predictable one, picks a list of 11 names and says to the players ‘go and express yourself’.

The players hated Mourinho’s strict instructions, as his transfer requests were ignored again and again so he sulked and shoehorned attacking players into a catenaccio style to cover Phil Jones et al and it soured the entire squad morale.

Ole fixed this, not with better instructions but by poo pooing instructions altogether and saying ‘go and express yourself’.

Morale recovered as players could play however they wanted, policing themselves the players were/are much happier, but that’s just not good enough to win titles these days. You can’t do tactics by committee when you have 11 players all wanting their own different ideas. So they settle on defaulting into their natural field positioning for the formation they make the runs they like to make, and all the players are basically working to indulge their own preferences on the pitch rather than sacrificing their own preferences for the greater team.

It makes Utd extremely predictable, easy to analyse and after watching them enough… easy to exploit.

Major clubs have figured them out, Brendon Rogers did this brilliantly with his 3-4-1-2 pinning the Utd back four really deep with Leicester’s pace and getting lots of decent shooting chances (2.8xG).

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Having looked at the replay of the Lukaku injury and tuchels comments I'd estimate 3-5 weeks out. With the international break falling in that time, I think they'll be targeting a gw12 return. Which is exactly when I wanted to sell Lukaku to kane anyway...so potentially looking at bringing that move forward by a couple of weeks.

The "obvious" move is to vardy, which most Ronaldo owners were doing anyway. I'm still not completely sold on him though!

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

TheRumourMill wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 23:42 Having looked at the replay of the Lukaku injury and tuchels comments I'd estimate 3-5 weeks out. With the international break falling in that time, I think they'll be targeting a gw12 return. Which is exactly when I wanted to sell Lukaku to kane anyway...so potentially looking at bringing that move forward by a couple of weeks.

The "obvious" move is to vardy, which most Ronaldo owners were doing anyway. I'm still not completely sold on him though!
Sounds sensible.
I don’t like Kane so I’m always biased against getting him in and Vardy is so streaky with his form seeming to last 7-10 games.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Stu255 wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 23:51
TheRumourMill wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 23:42 Having looked at the replay of the Lukaku injury and tuchels comments I'd estimate 3-5 weeks out. With the international break falling in that time, I think they'll be targeting a gw12 return. Which is exactly when I wanted to sell Lukaku to kane anyway...so potentially looking at bringing that move forward by a couple of weeks.

Sounds sensible.
I don’t like Kane so I’m always biased against getting him in and Vardy is so streaky with his form seeming to last 7-10 games.
Kane has been pretty bad this season but he has shown signs of life recently and has been helped I think by spurs switching to 4-2-3-1 for the last 2 games, which has significantly boosted the attack.

Vardy is streaky and for 10.6m I'd like to feel I could captain him if need be, and I emphatically feel like I couldn't.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

TheRumourMill wrote: Having looked at the replay of the Lukaku injury and Tuchels comments I'd estimate 3-5 weeks out. With the international break falling in that time, I think they'll be targeting a gw12 return. Which is exactly when I wanted to sell Lukaku to Kane anyway...so potentially looking at bringing that move forward by a couple of weeks.
The "obvious" move is to Vardy, which most Ronaldo owners were doing anyway. I'm still not completely sold on him though!
Aubameyang? :lol:

Looks to me that the obvious move is to get Kane early actually. Obvious isn't always best though. :wink:

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man

Post by TheRumourMill »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 00:00
TheRumourMill wrote: Having looked at the replay of the Lukaku injury and Tuchels comments I'd estimate 3-5 weeks out. With the international break falling in that time, I think they'll be targeting a gw12 return. Which is exactly when I wanted to sell Lukaku to Kane anyway...so potentially looking at bringing that move forward by a couple of weeks.
The "obvious" move is to Vardy, which most Ronaldo owners were doing anyway. I'm still not completely sold on him though!
Aubameyang? :lol:

Looks to me that the obvious move is to get Kane early actually. Obvious isn't always best though. :wink:
Haha! Aubameyang seems to operate in a blind spot of mine (apart from when discussing him with you Ruth), I can't say I've considered him for my team since August 2020 :lol:

It was also entirely typical of Werner that with Lukaku out injured he suddenly had a run of fantastic games potentially open up in front of him as the number 9 for Chelsea. That lasted all of 10 minutes before his hamstring popped. I mean even the guys own body is rebelling against him having any good luck. My only surprise was that he didn't fall off the stretcher and also break his arm or something.

Go on then, what are you hinting at? ;-) broja, Toney, Wilson?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

If I'm hinting at anything I guess it's Havertz.

If I want a player and it's more convenient to get him early then that can often work out well. Lukaku :arrow: Kane GW12 looked on the cards anyway so the most obvious move would just be to bring it forward. But there also has to be a big opportunity with Havertz because the great Chelsea fixtures are still there and depending on how your squad is that may be easier with a different Lukaku replacement.

For me it's a -8 to get Havertz and it would mean taking Vardy rather than an immediate Kane (which would be a -4). Though Iheanacho might interest me too and that might work out more streamlined in the long run.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”