To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW9 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Best GW9 Captain?

Poll ended at 23 Oct 2021, 08:39

Salah
52%
Lukaku
12%
Chilwell
5%
Zaha
No votes
Raphinha
1%
Jimenez
No votes
KDB
1%
Cancelo
No votes
Vardy
7%
Antonio
No votes
Ronaldo
4%
Kane
1%
Son
No votes
Other
17%

Total votes: 84

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

GW9 Captain

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Realistically it's a choice between two options, isn't it? Form with Salah v fixture with Lukaku. Have put a few more options in but was tempted to only have those two and 'other'. :wink:

Will probably be Lukaku for me, I don't think he has been playing badly at all and Chelsea will surely create enough chances in a game like this.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: GW9 Captain

Post by Stevieste »

Anyone voting against Lukaku this week, is not playing the game properly πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Stevieste wrote: Anyone voting against Lukaku this week, is not playing the game properly. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚
Is that true?

United are a shambles at the moment and Salah is in great form. Do United have it in them (and does the manager have the confidence of the players) to regroup and put on a really solid showing against Liverpool?

At the same time, Norwich have discarded all attacking intent (and changed formation and style of play) in order to become tighter in defence. Krul was outstanding last season with the best save % in the Championship. Chelsea have not been fluent as an attacking unit and still haven't found the key to how to integrate Lukaku, whereas Liverpool know exactly what they are doing and are running like a well-oiled machine.

I don't think it's an easy choice at all.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

agree with rnz. perfectly reasonable decision to leave the armband on salah.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Eduoard πŸ™„

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

If Stevie is advocating something, it normally pays to do the opposite. Salah captain for me.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

There's an argument of form with Salah, fixture with Salah. I'm on Lukaku at the moment though.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Ruth_NZ wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 09:58
Stevieste wrote: Anyone voting against Lukaku this week, is not playing the game properly. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚
Is that true?

United are a shambles at the moment and Salah is in great form. Do United have it in them (and does the manager have the confidence of the players) to regroup and put on a really solid showing against Liverpool?

At the same time, Norwich have discarded all attacking intent (and changed formation and style of play) in order to become tighter in defence. Krul was outstanding last season with the best save % in the Championship. Chelsea have not been fluent as an attacking unit and still haven't found the key to how to integrate Lukaku, whereas Liverpool know exactly what they are doing and are running like a well-oiled machine.

Man Utd always raise there game when there the underdogs and I see us getting a positive result, no matter how poor we been recently.

Also Norwich are still pants, a clean sheet against Burnley and Brighton is hardly anything to write home about and they was lucky against Brighton from highlights I seen.

Lukaku Will flat track bully that defence and if Tuchel plays Mount like he should be doing and he gets some proper service, i see nothing but a guaranteed double digit haul for Lukaku.

Time will tell of course

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Salah has a poor record at Old Trafford I believe and Ole will surely play McFred and try to make the game dull. Although I'm sure Klopp is more than capable of outsmarting him I'm leaning towards Lukaku, if I bring him in.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stevieste wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 12:18 i see nothing but a guaranteed double digit haul for Lukaku.
Well that's f**ked it. :lol:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 12:28
Stevieste wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 12:18 i see nothing but a guaranteed double digit haul for Lukaku.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Stevieste wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 12:58
Pirlo's Beard wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 12:28
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Could be a triple digit haul for Salah the way United are playing :roll:

Geoffv
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 301st overall FPL 2013-14

Post by Geoffv »

The only reason why I may not opt for Lukaku is because he’s playing in the early Saturday game. Always dislike my captain playing the first kick off purely because if he doesn’t score many points then the rest of the weekend is a long and painful one.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Geoffv wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 14:04 The only reason why I may not opt for Lukaku is because he’s playing in the early Saturday game. Always dislike my captain playing the first kick off purely because if he doesn’t score many points then the rest of the weekend is a long and painful one.
Salah put that theory to bed on the early Saturday kick off this week and also the first game this week is Friday night

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

current plan is to bring in lukaku and captain him. althought i'd feel much better about that if he gets a rest tomorrow, and if stevie captains salah.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

eastcentral1 wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 14:40 current plan is to bring in lukaku and captain him. althought i'd feel much better about that if he gets a rest tomorrow, and if stevie captains salah.
I’m having a good season, don’t doubt me πŸ˜‰ haha

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

so you put zaha (who may or may not play) on the list but no edouard or benteke :roll: like anyone is even thinking about making a palace player their (c) :shock:

Lets look at the facts shall we....your either salah (who has a chit record at old trafford but is on fire) or Lukaku (who cant score for chit but has a fantastic fixture) so good luck! :D :lol: :P

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

Stevieste wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 12:18
Ruth_NZ wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 09:58
Is that true?

Man Utd always raise there game when there the underdogs and I see us getting a positive result, no matter how poor we been recently.

Also Norwich are still pants, a clean sheet against Burnley and Brighton is hardly anything to write home about and they was lucky against Brighton from highlights I seen.

Lukaku Will flat track bully that defence and if Tuchel plays Mount like he should be doing and he gets some proper service, i see nothing but a guaranteed double digit haul for Lukaku.

Time will tell of course
i hear you LOUD and CLEAR stevie. :wink: Everybody feels the need to agree with Ruth. says it all when you have zaha in your captaincy list FML :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

OK, that's twice you numpty, are you spoiling for a fight?

Read my original comment. I said the exact same that you are so you are just p!ssing into the wind as usual. :roll:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

😳
69881221-0FDF-4110-83E2-4753522B6BD2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

Ruth_NZ wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 15:28 OK, that's twice you numpty, are you spoiling for a fight?

Read my original comment. I said the exact same that you are so you are just p!ssing into the wind as usual. :roll:
alright smart diick wondered how long it would take you to pipe up. kudos where kudos is due i didnt see your comment until i made mine BUT i stand by the zaha comment. You're taking the p1ss out of toon fans everywhere. it is not on :twisted:

bloody zaha as captain when he is not guaranteed to play. major wind up for toon fans. what you think were just going to turn up and let ZAHA run riot

spoiler alert Palace play better away than at home :shock: Image

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Thomas Tuchel wrote: "In my opinion, I feel Romelu has been overplayed. He played too many competitions - with his national team over the summer and now the Nations League. He is a fantastic athlete and such a competitive guy and I know how much he wanted to have a good outcome for the European Championship with Belgium and now again in the Nations League. It was a huge match for him personally as it means a lot to him to play for his country, so he takes it really seriously.

If it doesn't go well, he always takes it on his shoulders, thinks about it and reflects. I feel he is mentally tired. Not hugely so that we have a concern, but for me he is not fully enjoying his football without having second thoughts. It is difficult to judge. Does he really need a break, or is it better to keep him on the pitch? The next national break is coming but this is what I feel particularly for him, and some other players too.

I believe Mason Mount and Jorginho are also struggling from tiredness. They both reached the Euro 2020 final in the summer and they had a lot to take for their countries. They take it, they love it because they are competitors (but) like it or not, if you play too many matches it can be a weight. They love the game and they are such good guys, but this is what I feel."
[Press conference 19 Oct.]
Some useful clues there maybe.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Ruth_NZ wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 22:10
Thomas Tuchel wrote: "In my opinion, I feel Romelu has been overplayed. He played too many competitions - with his national team over the summer and now the Nations League. He is a fantastic athlete and such a competitive guy and I know how much he wanted to have a good outcome for the European Championship with Belgium and now again in the Nations League. It was a huge match for him personally as it means a lot to him to play for his country, so he takes it really seriously.

If it doesn't go well, he always takes it on his shoulders, thinks about it and reflects. I feel he is mentally tired. Not hugely so that we have a concern, but for me he is not fully enjoying his football without having second thoughts. It is difficult to judge. Does he really need a break, or is it better to keep him on the pitch? The next national break is coming but this is what I feel particularly for him, and some other players too.

I believe Mason Mount and Jorginho are also struggling from tiredness. They both reached the Euro 2020 final in the summer and they had a lot to take for their countries. They take it, they love it because they are competitors (but) like it or not, if you play too many matches it can be a weight. They love the game and they are such good guys, but this is what I feel."
Hopefully he rests him tomorrow night then 🀞🏻

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Maybe it depends on which game TT thinks is easier? Chelsea can't afford to drop a point in the CL if they want to win the group.

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Well I cant go against at picking the best player in the world right now can i

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ruth_NZ wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 22:10

So nothing to do with his 352, with Wiener up top?

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Kris_fiso wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 23:51 Well I cant go against at picking the best player in the world right now can i
Is Lionel Messi moving to Newcastle :?: :mrgreen:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Ruth_NZ wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 23:06 Maybe it depends on which game TT thinks is easier? Chelsea can't afford to drop a point in the CL if they want to win the group.
I’m hoping he rests him tonight and then he 100% locked in as captain weekend

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

hayesag wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 15:36
Ruth_NZ wrote: ↑19 Oct 2021, 15:28 OK, that's twice you numpty, are you spoiling for a fight?

alright smart diick wondered how long it would take you to pipe up. kudos where kudos is due i didnt see your comment until i made mine BUT i stand by the zaha comment. You're taking the p1ss out of toon fans everywhere. it is not on :twisted:

bloody zaha as captain when he is not guaranteed to play. major wind up for toon fans. what you think were just going to turn up and let ZAHA run riot

spoiler alert Palace play better away than at home :shock: Image
reminds me of this old, very non-politically-correct (apologies), joke:

a scouser walks into the job centre and says: "hi. i would really like to get a job, work hard, and make something of myself."
job centre staff: "i've got the perfect job for you... a million pounds a week, you'll get to travel the world, and work when you'd like."
scouser: "stop taking the p1ss."
job centre staff: "well, you started it."

Javahart
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Not troubling the leaders

Post by Javahart »

Lukaku but Salah is not a bad pick either.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”