To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW7 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Best GW7 Captain?

Poll ended at 03 Oct 2021, 10:41

Ronaldo
30%
Wood
3%
Lukaku
49%
Alonso
2%
Raphinha
3%
Sarr
1%
Jimenez
1%
Aubameyang
No votes
Saka
No votes
Vardy
No votes
Kane
No votes
Son
1%
Antonio
9%
Benrahma
1%
Salah
1%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 116

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

GW7 Captain

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Lukaku for me as it stands, Southampton are due their seasonal 9-0 defeat soon, aren't they? :)

senorjoeyo
Red & Blue Braces

Re: GW7 Captain

Post by senorjoeyo »

ToO MaNy oPtIoNs!!

Lukaku seems the obvious one this week, I don't think Southampton are that bad defensively but with Liverpool and City playing each other it becomes the default.

If we got some team leaks with Alonso in them though I could be tempted to switch to him.

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

I hate the idea of another captain fail in the first match of the weekend, but...

CR7(C)

We ride again.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

I’m on Ronaldo (C) at the moment, but that could change if I bring in Lukaku.

Although Man Utd need some big results now and Everton have conceded quite a few on there travels this season.

Early kick off failure locked in ✅

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

senorjoeyo wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 11:16 Lukaku seems the obvious one this week, I don't think Southampton are that bad defensively but with Liverpool and City playing each other it becomes the default.
I haven't checked myself but apparently Southampton have won 18 points from their last 81. :shock:

senorjoeyo
Red & Blue Braces

Post by senorjoeyo »

sstaffsw wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 12:38
senorjoeyo wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 11:16 Lukaku seems the obvious one this week, I don't think Southampton are that bad defensively but with Liverpool and City playing each other it becomes the default.
I haven't checked myself but apparently Southampton have won 18 points from their last 81. :shock:
They're currently only the 9th worst team by xGC this season. While only a short sample size that seems about right to me, not a good team by any stretch but Romeu gives them some decent protection.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Bruno doesn't even make the list, quite the fall from grace. Ronaldo C with Salah or Jimenez VC for me.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Ronaldo or Lukaku. Tough choice?

EastvilleIMP
Treebeard

Post by EastvilleIMP »

I was swayed from salah to CR7 GW6 due to this poll, not making the same mistake of CR7 and early KO again, so Lukaku for me.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

EastvilleIMP wrote:I was swayed from salah to CR7 GW6 due to this poll, not making the same mistake of CR7 and early KO again, so Lukaku for me.
You're being swayed again Image

Javahart
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Not troubling the leaders

Post by Javahart »

Antonio(c) CR7(vc) for me. Not loving the early kick off and United don't look great right now. CR7 should be on pens now which could sway me but got burned last weekend and not keen on repeating.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I think I may have picked Salah every week so far so I'll go for Lukaku.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Although I planned to have Lukaku by now, he will not be in my team, so CR7 will have to do :mrgreen:

SG_8
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 3 Top 10k finishes

Post by SG_8 »

This is how I like a captain poll to be. Correct number of options :) . Lukaku for me

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Lukaku C with Antonio vc atm but may change after the Champions league match

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

This poll is terrifying me as I currently have the armband on Ronaldo and do not own Lukaku. IMO Lukaku might be slightly better in a vacuum, with the main differentiating factor being ‘Southampton are a bit worse than Everton’. However, the margin doesn’t seem big enough to throw a wildcard at, or a transfer when there are other fires to put out.

Just going to have to hope for another of those Chelsea 3-0s where the defenders score all the goals…

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Caf wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 12:19Lukaku might be slightly better in a vacuum, with the main differentiating factor being ‘Southampton are a bit worse than Everton’.
A more significant differentiating factor would be how much better Chelski are then Man United. The answer: lots. Infact, more like LOTS... even LOTS.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Caf wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 12:19 However, the margin doesn’t seem big enough to throw a wildcard at, or a transfer when there are other fires to put out.
Lukaku is obviously an incredible pick for the next six gameweeks, so you will do it sooner or later anyway.

If a transfer is certain to happen, then it should be done immediately when there is a positive margin for it.

EastvilleIMP
Treebeard

Post by EastvilleIMP »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 17:54
EastvilleIMP wrote:I was swayed from salah to CR7 GW6 due to this poll, not making the same mistake of CR7 and early KO again, so Lukaku for me.
You're being swayed again Image
Not even opening the app now 😂 team is picked and settled.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Lukaku and Ronaldo the obvious picks for me. I opt for Lukaku (c) and Ronaldo (vc) this gw, not least because Ronaldo's driver apparently could not get any fuel this week. Maybe he does not make it to the game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15 seasons inc 2 sub 5k and 2 sub 70k finishes. Must try harder

Post by Elvis77 »

Best plans and all that. Brought James in with GW6 wildcard, left money to upgrade Antonio to Lukaku for GW7. Now need to replace James and would I really want to replace on fire Antonio with a stuttering Lukaku. Antonio for captain due to Ronaldo's early KO.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

I'm not sure that Lukaku is a better choice than CR this week, or next. (EVE, lei) aren't much worse than (SOU, bre) based on what we've seen this season so far. One might argue that MUN attack isn't functioning but Chelsea's isn't much better.

On a WC and debating keeping CR tbh. MUN have a good recent record against Everton as well.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

SirMattBugsby wrote:I'm not sure that Lukaku is a better choice than CR this week, or next. (EVE, lei) aren't much worse than (SOU, bre) based on what we've seen this season so far. One might argue that MUN attack isn't functioning but Chelsea's isn't much better.

On a WC and debating keeping CR tbh. MUN have a good recent record against Everton as well.
I'll be keeping Ronaldo this week, but if you're on a wildcard it makes no sense to keep him over Lukaku. You've even said it yourself... there's not much between them next couple of weeks. But Lukaku is cheaper and then their fixtures really do swing.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

eastcentral1 wrote:
SirMattBugsby wrote:I'm not sure that Lukaku is a better choice than CR this week, or next. (EVE, lei) aren't much worse than (SOU, bre) based on what we've seen this season so far. One might argue that MUN attack isn't functioning but Chelsea's isn't much better.

I'll be keeping Ronaldo this week, but if you're on a wildcard it makes no sense to keep him over Lukaku. You've even said it yourself... there's not much between them next couple of weeks. But Lukaku is cheaper and then their fixtures really do swing.
Yeah, it's probably my MUN bias speaking. However, our failings defensively plus Everton's attacking form means that the game is more likely to be 3-1 if MUN win. Chelsea, on the other hand, can easily win games 1-0 if needed.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

SirMattBugsby wrote:
eastcentral1 wrote:

Yeah, it's probably my MUN bias speaking. However, our failings defensively plus Everton's attacking form means that the game is more likely to be 3-1 if MUN win. Chelsea, on the other hand, can easily win games 1-0 if needed.
‘Your’ defensive failings won’t make you better attacking-wise, as per the Villa game last week…

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Flat track bully Lukaku has a flat track this week. Cue a benching and a Werner hat trick.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Don’t worry Ronaldo owners, he will still come on and outscore Lukaku.

Source…..The special one 😂

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Stevieste wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 12:14 Don’t worry Ronaldo owners, he will still come on and outscore Lukaku.

Lukaku penalty miss or red card then?

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Tall Paul wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 14:50
Stevieste wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 12:14 Don’t worry Ronaldo owners, he will still come on and outscore Lukaku.

Lukaku penalty miss or red card then?
One can hope 😳

I’m back to my usual useless self I’m afraid

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Well well well… what a mess!

Any Jiménez captainers care to show themselves?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”