To see less ads Register or Login ----- Please ensure that your fiso password is random and not used for other logins. You can change it here which you should do if you were a FFHub member and used the same password there.

Chelsea defence

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Chelsea defence

Post by Joccki_10 »

Zouma (5.4m) leaves for West Ham United for a fee around £30m.

Chelsea are very likely to bring in Koundé instead. He will be bigger competition to their current centre backs and possibly means we’ll see Azpilicueta (6.0m) at RWB more often.

James (5.6m) a no-go again? Rüdiger (5.5m) the only possibility for FPL?

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Re: Chelsea defence

Post by TheRumourMill »

It's a wait and see for 3-4 gameweeks to try and establish any patterns, which coincides with the decent fixture run, so no rush really.

I imagine that Reece James will probably play against the weaker sides as a RWB?

mikek2010
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mikek2010 »

anyone know what the chance for Chilwell to come back into rotation is? i know he's short of minutes, but already lost value on him so probably keep as long as he comes back soon?

From4corners
FISO Knight

Post by From4corners »

50%, he either will or he won't. ;)
Joccki_10 wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 15:14 Zouma (5.4m) leaves for West Ham United for a fee around £30m.
YES please, I'll be having me some of that with West Ham being the team most dangerous and successful in scoring from corners (I believe). He showed what he could do with set pieces last season. More of that please.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

TheRumourMill wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 15:55 I imagine that Reece James will probably play against the weaker sides as a RWB?
Like Arsenal. :wink:

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

Feeling fairly fortunate as an Alonso owner. Plan to keep holding - got 0.1m baked in and two good 4m defenders on the bench.

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Elvis77 »

Reasons why I would I not stick Rudiger and Alonso in with my GW6 wildcard? I know City might be a dodgy one this weekend but I could still see two shut outs then Chelsea's run is not too bad after that

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: ♀️ Happiness is the new rich.
Inner peace the new success.
Health the new wealth.
Kindness the new cool.
-Syed Balkhi

Post by wahine »

I
Elvis77 wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 11:39 Reasons why I would I not stick Rudiger and Alonso in with my GW6 wildcard? I know City might be a dodgy one this weekend but I could still see two shut outs then Chelsea's run is not too bad after that
It would be good to get more replies to such discussion :?
If you have a wildcard running then you have to look forward more than one week, right now it more unclear about the best midfield and whether they can do better pointwise (Mount and co) than defence although in the strong squads they all seem subject to rotation. so as long as you have some cheap cover if they miss out :roll: both those had price rises this week? Did you get those? :)

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 500 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

My thoughts….
With Chelsea’s great fixture run imminent, and their form, you must have three Chelsea players in any upcoming WC.
The uncertainty of their midfield line-up due to rotation means that 2 defenders plus Lukaku is the way to go.
So you pick two out of Rudiger, James and Alonso, with Rudiger bring the safer starter and the other two being the higher upside options due to greater attacking threat.
If you pick Alonso you keep a close eye on any likelihood of him losing his place to Chilwell of course.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: ♀️ Happiness is the new rich.
Inner peace the new success.
Health the new wealth.
Kindness the new cool.
-Syed Balkhi

Post by wahine »

Kinda hoping Chilwell gets a look in soon as I have him in one of my season long draft leagues.

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Elvis77 »

wahine wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 07:31 I
Elvis77 wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 11:39 Reasons why I would I not stick Rudiger and Alonso in with my GW6 wildcard? I know City might be a dodgy one this weekend but I could still see two shut outs then Chelsea's run is not too bad after that
It would be good to get more replies to such discussion :?
If you have a wildcard running then you have to look forward more than one week, right now it more unclear about the best midfield and whether they can do better pointwise (Mount and co) than defence although in the strong squads they all seem subject to rotation. so as long as you have some cheap cover if they miss out :roll: both those had price rises this week? Did you get those? :)
Sure long term picks of course. After near brain surgery thinking about it I will be going Rud, Kovacic and left a space for Lukaku to be dropped in for next week. Obviously Ronnie is there too even with Man U's fixtures and overall defence is quite strong.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Kovacic is a waste of a Chelsea slot imo.

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Elvis77 »

TheRumourMill wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 11:29 Kovacic is a waste of a Chelsea slot imo.
Agreed once I weighed up options and midfield replacements. Alonso in

blahblah
FISO Baron
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

TheRumourMill wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 11:29 Kovacic is a waste of a Chelsea slot imo.
There are so many like that, that it isn't true 🤔🤔🤔

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man

Post by TheRumourMill »

blahblah wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 11:44
Sorry, what do you mean?

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

James started in cup but he did get an assist. Hope that's enough to get him back in team.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

blahblah
FISO Baron
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

TheRumourMill wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 12:58
blahblah wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 11:44
Sorry, what do you mean?
So many that get rotated etc.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”