To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW5 FPL Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: GW5 FPL Wildcard

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Has a wildcard ever made anyone's team better? :lol:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Archy wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 17:14 I effectively took out Sarr, Benrahma and Toney for Gallagher, Jota and Jimenez

That’s what 30 points lost. I give up.
Jota's not done a lot and he's only got about a week before Firmino takes his spot :cry:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Archy wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 17:14 I effectively took out Sarr, Benrahma and Toney for Gallagher, Jota and Jimenez

👏👏👏👏👏

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

:( Wolves still have "easy" fixtures to come and maybe bite the bullet and get Sarr back?

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

blahblah wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 17:22

👏👏👏👏👏
so sympathetic :mrgreen:

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 17:22

Jota's not done a lot and he's only got about a week before Firmino takes his spot :cry:
Yep he’s going straight out, along with Gallagher, so I can bring Sarr and Benrahma back in for a -4, and an extra £0.3m than I sold them for :evil: :roll: Jimenez gets one more week to see if he can do better against Southampton than Toney manages against Liverpool. Somehow I doubt it.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Archy wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 17:26

Yep he’s going straight out, along with Gallagher, so I can bring Sarr and Benrahma back in for a -4, and an extra £0.3m than I sold them for :evil: :roll: Jimenez gets one more week to see if he can do better against Southampton than Toney manages against Liverpool. Somehow I doubt it.
Selling Gallagher? I'm looking to bring him in soon enough, he looks class.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Well, wasn't a great wildcard. But that's not unusual for me. I could easily have ended up with White and Rudiger instead of Marcal and James and it would have made all the difference. Just goes to show how much fortune is involved in any given gameweek.

My only regret is going against my gut and bringing in Jiminez and double Wolves defence. But Jiminez can be fixed this week, and Marcal is cheap enough.

This week's points total aside, I'm happy with the structure I now have, and hopefully some of that fortune will swing back in the next couple of gameweeks.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Other than going with Marcal over White and injuries to TAA and Raphinha, .I have no complaints at all. I got lucky with Torres and TAA becoming Dennis and Livramento.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 17:27 Oh no, I hadn’t thought of checking my old team for comparison.
It having Antonio, DCL and Perica hopefully means that I am still in credit. Depending on Bruno tomorrow it’ll be tight though!
GW4 team: 55 points
GW4 team plus probable transfers: 52 points (60-8)
Wildcard: 68

Thank you Rudiger, without that goal I would have been feeling quite flat. As it is, that went well. On such tight margins…etc! :lol:

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

What are the people who went with James doing?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Fuzz wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 09:57 What are the people who went with James doing?
Keeping until GW12 at the earliest. I think he'll get one or two benchings, it's what I expected. Just got to hope for no cameos, now we're back down to 3 subs. World Club Cup for Chelsea then becomes a sell almost certainly, if he hasn't been ditched already. Shaw is a fairly obvious replacement before then.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Sutter Kane wrote:
Fuzz wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 09:57 What are the people who went with James doing?
Keeping until GW12 at the earliest. I think he'll get one or two benchings, it's what I expected. Just got to hope for no cameos, now we're back down to 3 subs. World Club Cup for Chelsea then becomes a sell almost certainly, if he hasn't been ditched already. Shaw is a fairly obvious replacement before then.
Plan is to keep, and add Rudiger.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Archy wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 17:26

Don't think moving Jota for a hit is worth it. He should have got some points against both Leeds and Palace and might very well score this week.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Amazing loyalty to the Jota pick🙄I even saw him staying in or keeping in GW 5WC'ds
I'm putting that down to people's not wanting the stats to be wrong :?: and accepting continuing to be unlucky as a reason to keep🙄

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

wahine wrote:Amazing loyalty to the Jota pickImageI even saw him staying in or keeping in GW 5WC'ds
I'm putting that down to people's not wanting the stats to be wrong :?: and accepting continuing to be unlucky as a reason to keepImage
Jota started in both GW4 and GW5 and looks set to start in GW6, could have easily had a couple of assists and has had some big opportunities himself. There is absolutely no reason to have left him out of a GW5 wildcard team except for the fact that he didn’t give you attacking returns. You got very lucky if you didn’t pick him.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Joccki_10 wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 05:57
wahine wrote:Amazing loyalty to the Jota pickImageI even saw him staying in or keeping in GW 5WC'ds
I'm putting that down to people's not wanting the stats to be wrong :?: and accepting continuing to be unlucky as a reason to keepImage
Jota started in both GW4 and GW5 and looks set to start in GW6, could have easily had a couple of assists and has had some big opportunities himself. There is absolutely no reason to have left him out of a GW5 wildcard team except for the fact that he didn’t give you attacking returns. You got very lucky if you didn’t pick him.
I suppose I did, get lucky :D ,I talked about VVD instead of Jota in this thread.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Agree with Joccki, Jota would certainly be in my WC team right now, based not on loyalty but on his performances and stats.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”