To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

single entrant stories

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
marcml987
Treebeard
FS Record: Poor

Re: single entrant stories

Post by marcml987 »

PrinceRupert wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 12:35 I'm thinking Fernandes and Shaw to Ronaldo and Benrahma before Newcastle. Already have Soucek and Antonio and have already used three transfers. Thoughts?
I have Shaw but have convinced myself to hold. On the Basis that Varane will sure up their defence.

I’d be reluctant to invest that heavily in one team myself. But that maybe be skewed by the fact it’s Weat Ham instead of Liverpool for example.

Traore another similarly priced option who has a good run coming. In all honesty I have no real idea.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

I'm talking myself in to Shaw to TAA tomorrow as a season long but may just hold off.

And maybe hold on the Lukaku now looking at Ronaldo's brace (so far).

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

LenH wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 15:41 I'm talking myself in to Shaw to TAA tomorrow as a season long but may just hold off.

And maybe hold on the Lukaku now looking at Ronaldo's brace (so far).
I have a need to bring TAA but it would take another transfer to facilitate

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

I put Lukaku in thank goodness. But am in two minds over Shaw now as I think he'll get more attacking points like today but can they keep cs, still a bit suspect I think? TAA a better bet for all of that but a lot, lot pricier and I'd need an additional sub like yourself to get him. Hmm one to ponder and panic about after waking up.

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

LenH wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 03:37 I put Lukaku in thank goodness. But am in two minds over Shaw now as I think he'll get more attacking points like today but can they keep cs, still a bit suspect I think? TAA a better bet for all of that but a lot, lot pricier and I'd need an additional sub like yourself to get him. Hmm one to ponder and panic about after waking up.
It’s probably more about who you bring in to accommodate the bigger players. I’m not sure we’ve seen enough to decide. But I guess that’s what the 40 transfers are for.

I ran short last season and am trying to limit my use. Hence my more cautious approach

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Agreed, I was trying to do the same this year but sometimes you have to go ahead. Have you gone for it?

I realised a a short term solution for me might, and for only one sub right now, just be to swap for Antonio and mull it over for a couple of weeks till back.
Last edited by LenH on 12 Sep 2021, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

LenH wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 14:49 Agreed, I was trying to do the same this year but sometimes you gave to go ahead. Have you gone for it?

I realised a a short term solution for me might, and for only one sub right now, just be to swap for Antonio and mull it over for a couple of weeks till back.
I’m going Jota for Antonio. A bit foolhardy but like the look of it.

Will be my third.

I do have a plan to bring in TAA and Lukaku. But I’ll do that over the next couple of weeks

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Oh man, don't give me more choices! :lol: How long is Firmino out for though?

Would be my 4th which is just about ok as can leave for a few weeks to plan the Ronaldo swap, somehow.

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

LenH wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 15:41 Oh man, don't give me more choices! :lol: How long is Firmino out for though?

Would be my 4th which is just about ok as can leave for a few weeks to plan the Ronaldo swap, somehow.
Hamstring. No idea. I’ve been sucked in and done it

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

Replaced Son due to unspecified injury. 58 for the week

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

64 for me, happy with that and TAA in.

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

Red cards galore and a benching led to a lowly 39 pts. Sitting at 2k though but feel a couple or three xfers incoming.

PrinceRupert
Treebeard

Post by PrinceRupert »

Im down to 6 players this week

No Antonio, apparently no Benrahma, no TAA, no Bachmann, no Tanganga.

At least Livramento got a CS against City...

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

How we all doing, a measly or so it seemed 42 for me last week but a few players missing and no Ronaldo, yet.

Which leads me on to, who's going (or gone) for it? I think Ronaldo comes in but trying to do it either with or without Bruno is the question. More tinkering needed.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

I've done it, he's in. Along with Bruno still and actually not a bad balance throughout. Not touching it now for a few weeks at least, pls god! Frustratingly couldn't get any extra games out of it to raise the 7m immediately.

Hopefully I'll wake up to a points bonanza or more likely egg on my face.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Well that couldn't have gone any worse. Maybe even one of my worst days of TFF. 12pts and a bit disastrous. A few more to play thank god. :roll:

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

I took a big gamble on Chilwell this week, will he play again? Very happy with 47 and up to 9000th

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Yard of Grass »

55>520>4957.
Satisfactory but wish had gone Smith-Rowe instead of Saka a few weeks back. City/Che defence also ok but has yet to all fire together for a big week.

Joey Navinsky
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Perennial single entrant - highest finish = 674th (2021 - 22)

Post by Joey Navinsky »

Thought I'd have a go at rebooting this thread as it's been dormant for 3 or 4 months. I'm currently on 1125pts, 1359th, 16 transfers remaining. I'm going to need to use 2 transfers if I want Salah back - not swapping him for Kane now that he's starting to blow the doors off. Will probably do Fernandes > Salah and Jota > £4.4m or cheaper.

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Yard of Grass »

Still plodding on. 1087pts @ 4130. Persevering with City heavy at the back with Bre/Nor up next. Low on transfers (14) and still Salah to bring back. And a couple more needed if I want to crowbar in Kane!

marcml987
Treebeard

Post by marcml987 »

1060 with 13 left. Obvs Salah to come back in and have a plan to accommodate him asap. However haven’t planned for Kane who increasingly looks impt. Hey ho. I’ll ignore that for a while longer as it’ll burn too many subs up.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

1110pts for me in top 3k with far more subs left than usual at this stage so hoping to make the right moves.

Got Kane so not sure what to do to get Salah back in. Was going to be a straight swap but thinking maybe City mid gets the chop now but might just wait and see tbh. And I'm still without Bowen, could swap for Raphinha but I never take the risk as I know 2nd in my sl has him and I only just crept in to the lead over the weekend. Choices choices.

Joey Navinsky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Joey Navinsky »

Good to see a few people back on this thread. I sneaked a little further up the table after Sunday's games. Aiming for a top 1000 finish hopefully. Still a fair way to go this season, especially given the disparity between the amount games teams have played due to Covid. Going to need to use those transfers carefuly!

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

I'm holding fast just outside the top 2k now, slight movement up and down.

So what's everyone's plan for Salah tomorrow then? It's either a straight swap for Kane or two subs with KdB and another out. Really not sure either way at the moment tbh but maybe leaning to the two subs as feel KdB will get rotated more with CL back again (like today).

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Yard of Grass »

Agree City options not so solid with CL back. Considering swapping for more Liverpool at the back if MC last 2 games rotation anything to go by. I mentioned Kane higher up but at that price he still hasnt convinced this season....yet.

Joey Navinsky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Joey Navinsky »

Yard of Grass wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 10:08 Agree City options not so solid with CL back. Considering swapping for more Liverpool at the back if MC last 2 games rotation anything to go by. I mentioned Kane higher up but at that price he still hasnt convinced this season....yet.
I was wondering what effect the Champions League will have on City's line-ups - a fair bit, I would have thought. I'm holding Kane for a bit - Spurs have quite a few games in hand and no CL to distract them. They have a pretty good run in the league after they play City and will probably go for it in the FA Cup. Plus they play today. It's a straight choice of dumping Mahrez or Fernandes for me to get Salah back. Got a feeling Mahrez might get rotated a bit now his scoring run has come to an end. Utd look poor but could be a 3 > 0 for Fernandes over Mahrez if Mahrez finds himself on the bench against Spurs.

Joey Navinsky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Joey Navinsky »

For the first time ever, my team has sneaked into the top 1000! 995th (1274pts) with 2 to play tomorrow and 13 transfers left. No major surgery needed in my team so hoping I can at least stay in the top 1000 and push on from here.

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Yard of Grass »

Nice work. City/Pool both conceding hit me. Sitting just outside 3k, hoping rather more than expecting some upward momentum!

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Yard of Grass »

Thanks to the Broja/JWP double up have moved up to 1884th.
V low on transfers thou and those two don't feel right to keep for too long!

ChrisMBV
Treebeard
FS Record: TFF 21/22 - single entrant rank 463

Post by ChrisMBV »

I've been sub-1000 for several weeks. My first season reaching here.

What helped me was going 3x LFC defence several weeks ago for their great run.

Currently rocking at sub 400.

Let's Go!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”