To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Trades with Manager Veto option

A forum for comment and discussion on Draft FPL Teams. Post your draft selections and ask for live help during your drafts here
bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Trades with Manager Veto option

Post by bluelionman »

I think FPL Draft has a fault in its mechanics when you have manager veto option on trades.

Let me explain I'm bottom of my league after GW1 so I'm first on waivers. Lakaku is there, but I spent my first 3 round picks on forwards so it's strongest part of my team. I wanted to trade one of them for a crap fwd on another team but also trade for a good player in DEF or MID for my not so good ones as I'm weak there. However reading game rules as I understand it unless the whole league vote approve (which will never happen) draft won't go through to waiver deadline leaving me zero time put a waiver request in with newly acquired trade players. So I'm denied chance improve team and will have to swap either Toney, Abamayang or Vardy for Lakaku. I can't decide between first two.

But surely Trades should go through after 24 or 48hrs not stay pending to waiver deadline.

Think that's a messed up rule needs fixing.

What do you think?
Have I interpreted rules correctly for leagues that have manager veto.

If so who would you swap for Lakaku.
Gutted I can't get a trade through first so not fair as games about improving team and time was there begire Waiver deadline if only game had a seperate deadline when trades went through like after being up 24hrs or 48hrs.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FPL Public Draft League questions.

Post by Talkie Toaster »

I've never seen a trade get past the proposal stage so I don't have any practical experience of what actually happens, but this is how I think it works from the rules.

1. Your proposed trade first needs to be accepted by the person you are trading with before the other managers will even see it to make a decision on it. This has to happen before 24 hours before the waiver deadline or the trade will expire.
2. If rejected by the person you are trading with then it is marked as rejected instantly.
3. If accepted by the person you are trading with then the other managers are asked to either approve or object to the trade.

The rules state that
Trades which require approval will be processed as soon as they satisfy the required criteria.
so...
4. If 50% or more of the other managers object to the trade then it is instantly vetoed at that point.
5. So presumably if 50% of the other managers approve the trade then it will be instantly approved and processed at that time, which may be before the waiver deadline.
6. If the trade hasn't been approved or vetoed by the waiver deadline then those that haven't voted yet will be assumed to be approving the trade, so it should go through at this point.

So I think your trade could go through before the waiver deadline if it is explicitly approved by 50% of the managers before that point.

As to whether or not the possibility that the trade wont go through before the waiver deadline is a flaw in the system, personally I don't think so. If you're going to play with a trade veto system in place then the other managers need to have the opportunity to review the trade and decide what to do. I suspect that most people don't check their draft teams every day and maybe only when setting up their waiver requests, which may be on the waiver deadline day, so it makes sense to me that it may not get approved before then. It's just a natural consequence of choosing to play with a veto option.

As to which player to swap for Lukaku, isn't it going to be the same player that you offered up in the trade? Personally I'd be hanging on to Vardy. There's a bit of a question mark over what's happening with Auba at the moment, and if he stays will he have a season like last year again? Toney is a bit of an unknown until we see if he can reproduce his Championship form in the PL. I'd be getting rid of Toney for Lukaku myself out of those 3.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Re: Trades with Manager Veto option

Post by bluelionman »

Thanks yeah my plan was to trade one of my strikers to upgrade elsewhere and still put in for Lakaku but I couldn't take the chance it a be left stuck to only go through at waiver deadline and now chance then trade that forward for Lakaku so I've got to swap for Toney or Auba. I was like you defo keeping Vardy so between the other two. Defo changing trades next season to league admin veto. As then I can email league when trades up get oponions and approve if they seem fair.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

How many teams are in this league and what are the current free agent strikers like?

It makes a difference as if there are no decent pick-ups available I would 100% trade Auba. He's more injury prone, his role is still a little unknown at Arsenal and his xMins are lower than Toney's. On the other hand, Toney is nailed and on pens for Brentford and less injury-prone.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bluelionman »

Opps - I changed my mind and traded Toney for Lakaku but I'm worried now I heard Barcelona want Auba not to mention like you say about his mins on pitch but isn't Auba when on pitch not Arsenals pen taker?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft Team Questions”