To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2021 RYDER CUP preview & chat line.

A Forum for Fans of Other Fantasy Sports Games.
theo29
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: previous user

2021 RYDER CUP preview & chat line.

Post by theo29 »

As the big team event of the golfing world fast approaches (24 to 26 Sept) this thread will be an opportunity to share your views and thoughts about what might or might not happen in Wisconsin.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: 2021 RYDER CUP preview & chat line.

Post by blahblah »

Brexit is completed by us joining the US against the EU....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Nigel Farage turns up waving a Stars and Stripes and chanting “U.S.A. U.S.A.”

He says we don’t need those Europeans to win, and will support the British team again when they kick them out and ceremonially burn that other flag. After all, we were fine until the 1970s without them weren’t we?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep, and the US were more useful in the early 40s.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

COVID call offs will mean the final singles match will be Padraig v Stricker

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

I’d forgotten who the captains were. A (southern) Irishman in charge won’t appease the Brexiters…

Qualifiers as it stands:
USA: Morikawa (confirmed), D. Johnson (confirmed), DeChambeau, Koepke, Thomas, Schauffele. 6 wild cards this time!
Europe: Rahm, Fleetwood, Hatton, McIlroy, Hovland, Casey, Fitzpatrick, Westwood, Lowry.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

We’re getting pumped if our team stays like that.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

forestfan wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 11:33 Nigel Farage turns up waving a Stars and Stripes and chanting “U.S.A. U.S.A.”

He says we don’t need those Europeans to win, and will support the British team again when they kick them out and ceremonially burn that other flag. After all, we were fine until the 1970s without them weren’t we?
Just a reminder, didn't it use to be just the Brits?
It was called the Inevitable Cup were I was from.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

I like this tournament because the teams have roughly the same population. An even playing field for a change.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

jimmy ching wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 16:17
forestfan wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 11:33 Nigel Farage turns up waving a Stars and Stripes and chanting “U.S.A. U.S.A.”

Yep.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Yeah, that was my point… probably until around the same time as we joined the (forerunner of the) EU. May have briefly been UK and Ireland in between. Then Seve and co. turned up and made it a contest.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 16:43

Yeah, that was my point… probably until around the same time as we joined the (forerunner of the) EU. May have briefly been UK and Ireland in between. Then Seve and co. turned up and made it a contest.
I think it was British Isles ie Inc Ireland and around 1981ish the rest of Europe ie Sevy et al joined in and it got competitive......

Maybe the EU will get deals to bring in Africans, Aussies etc to beat us and the US?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Well there are similar format events involving the rest of the world (and UK v Europe) but they don’t tend to have the same impact or draw for players.

Often in the last 20 years or so it’s been the Americans with more talent in terms of world rankings, majors etc. but the Europeans making up for it in terms of team spirit.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Anyway if there’s 3 wildcards for Europe, with the placings unchanged, will it be Rose, Poulter and Garcia? Or is there anyone else with an overwhelming case for inclusion?

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

blahblah wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 16:47

I think it was British Isles ie Inc Ireland and around 1981ish the rest of Europe ie Sevy et al joined in and it got competitive......

Maybe the EU will get deals to bring in Africans, Aussies etc to beat us and the US?
It's still a first world sport. No finance, no game.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

jimmy ching wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 16:57

South Africa have some good ones and Japan etc are useful.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Maybe some could get it together. You know like the Tiger Woods and Obama Diversity teams. they might get finance behind them then. The loser of the Last Ryder must play off to play the defender of the Cup.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

jimmy ching wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 17:01 The loser of the Last Ryder must play off to play the defender of the Cup.
Great idea as it makes The President's Cup part of it......

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 17:00
jimmy ching wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 16:57

South Africa have some good ones and Japan etc are useful.
Yeah, and Australia of course…

Current men’s top 20 has 13 US, 4 Europe and 3 others.

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

now let's see if I can win my own £25 prize competition. See new thread shortly.

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

just 3 weeks to go before Whistling Straights begins. The team formations are not yet finalised but there will be 24 FISOers ready to watch over every player involved during the 3 days. No choices have to be made by anyone; the alphabet will play a major role !

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

24 FISOers are ready on the points forecast sheet. The US line-up is now known & all that remains is to see who Mr Harrington picks to oppose them.
The Americans have gone for youth without too much previous RC experience, a good thing or not ?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

So, European team in and Harrington forced to choose between members of the golden generation… Rose the unlucky one to miss out, as he often seemed to do early in his career. I know he’s 41 now but so is Garcia, with Poulter 45 and Westwood 48… it’s going to be the final fling for one or two at least I think, as they jostle for future captaincy selection. They need to start finding another generation of regulars, rather than players who come and go from one edition to the next.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

Very poor decision to pick Lowry over Rose and I say that as someone who much prefers the former.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

GMac and Kaymer are also on that list of future captains, especially as they are deputies this week.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Mo Bot wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 13:00 GMac and Kaymer are also on that list of future captains, especially as they are deputies this week.
It’s going to be quite a battle for the job in the next decade then… particularly since they seem less keen to pick over-50s who are further removed from the playing side of things. Might be a poisoned chalice job with the strength of the Americans. Then again, the Yanks might shoot themselves in the foot by having Tiger or Phil as captain :wink:

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

I fancy the Americans to win it this time but I think they made a mistake in not picking Reed although I guess he’d be first call up if Koepka’s injury situation keeps him out.

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

as I mentioned in the 4th Sptember post that the alphabet will play a part I am holding fire until it is known whether Brooks Koepka will be taking part or not.
There will be an additional £25 prize for the best individual points scorer too so you will be hoping your player gets the captains nod in both foursome & fourballs. Foursome team points 8. Fourball team points 8. Singles 12 points. Match total 28.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

He’s been seriously ill though, there would have been quite a risk there…

I want to see the Koepka-DeChambeau pairing in action :lol:

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

It is confirmed that Brooks Koepka will be involved in the Ryder Cup next week.

The list of players will appear here on 20th September. The list will be in alphabetical order & will be paired with the match forecasts. 1. BERGER, Daniel. Jezza3. forecast 9.5-18.5
24. WIESEBERGER, Bernd. `El Tel of Ealing. forecast 21.0-7
There is a £25 prize for both the best individual points won, & also for the match score so it is possible for one player to carry off both!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Other Fantasy Competitions”