To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

current team! :)

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
tonygsmart
Kevin and Perry

current team! :)

Post by tonygsmart »

Been playing since the game was in the newspaper in the mid 90s :D
Screenshot 2021-08-06 212316.jpg
still useless.....but still love it :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Re: current team! :)

Post by Malrom »

We are already 2 then!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

All a bit samey and unbalanced. 5 cheap defenders. 3 expensive midfielders. Just asking for you to need to burn 2 transfers whenever 1 is required.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I like it. :)

I would however consider downgrading one of your big three in the middle and upgrading a couple of the shakier defenders.

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

Seems rather unbalanced. Defence looks rather weak at the expense of the midfield, which is unlikely to score enough points to make up for the lack of clean sheets. Also is Calvert-Lewin going to be fit for the start of the season?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

mike_d99 wrote:Seems rather unbalanced. Defence looks rather weak at the expense of the midfield, which is unlikely to score enough points to make up for the lack of clean sheets. Also is Calvert-Lewin going to be fit for the start of the season?
Not looked into it but I've seen others say Watkins is a doubt too.

Everyone seems to be picking Salah but he has been quiet pre-season unlike Mane, Jota and now Firmino.

tonygsmart
Kevin and Perry

Post by tonygsmart »

Thanks.....Switched to Ings and Antonio.....but sticking with the expensive midfield and cheap defence :)

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

murf wrote: 09 Aug 2021, 21:59
mike_d99 wrote:Seems rather unbalanced. Defence looks rather weak at the expense of the midfield, which is unlikely to score enough points to make up for the lack of clean sheets. Also is Calvert-Lewin going to be fit for the start of the season?
Not looked into it but I've seen others say Watkins is a doubt too.

Everyone seems to be picking Salah but he has been quiet pre-season unlike Mane, Jota and now Firmino.
Will you not be going with Salah then Murf? I was well and truly burned by picking Mane over Salah at the start of last season. There's always doubt as to whether Jota will play or be on the bench, and if his form before his injury was just a hot streak rather than the norm. Firmino is rarely prolific, so I definitely won't be starting with him.

I heard similar about Watkins, and you'd imagine that he'd be impacted by Ings arrival. Not that it matters as OP has changed his strikers anyhow :D

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Tricky one.

Salah generally scores at a reasonably consistent rate whereas Mane can be patchier, up and down. Looking on form in pre-season but has lost his partner-in-crime Robertson.

Villa's boss laughed at suggestions of playing Watkins wide to accomodate Ings stressing Watkins was a striker who scored goals and that was how he would continue to use him, almost implying he'd start up top. Some even assuming a 442 with 2 centre forwards. All sounds a bit risky to me.

Salah and Watkins are both in the Eggcup team and I'm sticking with them there.... for now. Won't be going Watkins elsewhere as too risky. Salah is a maybe especially where he can be a place holder for Kane. Lots of sense in playing 1 mid price up top then having 2 or 3 expensive midfielders giving you options for your first tinkers when the Kane and Lukaku dust settles.

MagicIsay
Treebeard
FS Record: Ok

Post by MagicIsay »

Thoughts please?

Martinez

Targett White Konsa

Son Salah Barnes Gilmour Buendia

Ings Lukaku

Cheers

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Lukaku is a risk to start and I have memories of seeing Barnes is a doubt.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”