To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Official TdF Fantasy Cycling Competition 2020

A forum for fans of Fantasy Cycling games (including Fantasy Tour de France)
sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

As Velogames are unable to run a competition for the Tour de France, have opened up a FISO League for the official website game which is now open for entries.

Whilst the official lists of riders won’t be announced for at least the weekend I thought it best to kick off as you can study the rules and the points scoring system.

Like Velogames you choose a squad of 8 riders restricted to a budget. You receive a certain amount of transfer credits which amount to about 8 transfers throughout the 21 stages. Other features :-

Choice for each stage of a team captain which doubles the points of that rider. POINTS are scored pretty much as in the Tour itself together with ranking in the GC KOM Young rider and Points. Full details in how to play the game in the link.

League no.12543 : Fiso Tour
Password : HJOTN
TdF Fantasy Cycling Competition
By clicking on this link : https://fantasy.letour.fr/#welcome/regi ... &mdp=HJOTN

To join go to link, sign up and then go to create leagues, search on the league no above and when FISO Tour pops up add the password above.
Last edited by sibrown4 on 18 Aug 2020, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Re: Official TdF Fantasy Cycling Competition 2020

Post by bluelionman »

Sucks that Velogames has been forced off the road most likely because of this official game so I won't bother in protest - besides I liked the simplicity of Velogames no transfers etc, pick ya team and then let it ride - no more attention required.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Signed up and I seemed to already be in the league. No idea that happened but I’m in 😀

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

bluelionman wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 22:08 Sucks that Velogames has been forced off the road most likely because of this official game so I won't bother in protest - besides I liked the simplicity of Velogames no transfers etc, pick ya team and then let it ride - no more attention required.
It’s a massive shame yes. We had the same issue in 2019 too when Velogames had to pull its game within a week of the start. We will also be running the Road CC competition. The purist competition basically is similar with no transfers. Pick your squad and stick with it. It won’t launch until rider lists are confirmed.

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

Same as bluelionman. I am out of this one for same reasons.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Neath boy wrote:Same as bluelionman. I am out of this one for same reasons.
+1

#velogamesTdFmatters

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

I think I’ve missed something here. Have Vélogames been told to stop by the ASO?
Why them and not other game organisers?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

unc.si. wrote:I think I’ve missed something here. Have Vélogames been told to stop by the ASO?
Why them and not other game organisers?
Yes - a year or two back. Has been no TdF game since.

Presumably so they could plug their own game.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

well they disappeared completely for a while didn't they? hadn't appreciated that there was still an issue with the Tour organisers - was actually waiting for the Velogames tour game to open. bit sad if they're not able to run it

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

I bet most of you dissenters still play FPL which has steamrollered most of the decent FF games, even if not through legal action ;)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

forestfan wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 10:16 I bet most of you dissenters still play FPL which has steamrollered most of the decent FF games, even if not through legal action ;)
I actually boycott FPL too.

But that is not on a moral basis but because it is a crap game!

Geoffv
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 301st overall FPL 2013-14

Post by Geoffv »

unc.si. wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 09:08 well they disappeared completely for a while didn't they? hadn't appreciated that there was still an issue with the Tour organisers - was actually waiting for the Velogames tour game to open. bit sad if they're not able to run it
To be fair Sibrown4 did signal more than a couple of weeks ago, and on more than one occasion, that there would be no Velogames again for the Tour this year and was seeking an alternative. If you don't like this game that’s understandable. Ive joined but its not great.

I will definitely do the much better Road CC both standard and purist fantasy games and Sibrown says he will launch them on here?

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

Geoffv wrote:
unc.si. wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 09:08 well they disappeared completely for a while didn't they? hadn't appreciated that there was still an issue with the Tour organisers - was actually waiting for the Velogames tour game to open. bit sad if they're not able to run it
To be fair Sibrown4 did signal more than a couple of weeks ago, and on more than one occasion, that there would be no Velogames again for the Tour this year and was seeking an alternative. If you don't like this game that’s understandable. Ive joined but its not great.

I will definitely do the much better Road CC both standard and purist fantasy games and Sibrown says he will launch them on here?
Ta. Yes I understand the frustration but from the relaunch of Velogames in July it was clear the TdF would not feature.

I agree Road CC is a better game and we already have a league for it. As mentioned earlier the TdF gets launched at the weekend.

For those wondering why Velogames does feature the Giro and Vuelta the organisers clearly don’t seek a licence fee. George says Velogames cant pay the Tour de France as he has no income from the game. Road CC can presumably because they have fee generating ads from the rest of their content.

Please join the Road CC comp when it launches especially the purist game if you want a transfer hassle free experience.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Geoffv wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 13:20

Oh I'm not criticising or complaining. I'd just not noticed and was wondering why. I can have weeks without really reading many threads on FISO if I'm busy at work.

I'm in the official one and I'll hopefully do the roadcc one as well. Not really done any of them for the last couple of years as I've been working overseas so much and so its too hard to keep up when you're 7 or 8 hours out from UK time. Don't have that issue this year, funnily enough!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

The TdF actively got velogames TdF game stopped. Very much the big guy bullying the little guy so I won't be playing their game in protest. My opinion. My decision. The rest of you can do as you see fit.

I can be quite stubborn. I used to love Opal Fruits but have boycotted them since they started printing a fake name on the packets. Same with Marathons except I never really bought many of them before

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

murf wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 10:19
forestfan wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 10:16 I bet most of you dissenters still play FPL which has steamrollered most of the decent FF games, even if not through legal action ;)
I actually boycott FPL too.

But that is not on a moral basis but because it is a crap game!
I boycott the Sun, not on a moral basis due to something that they printed more than 30 years ago, but because it’s a crap paper with a crap FF game :wink:

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

I just don't like bully boys and money grabbing TdF have actually turned me off the sport - Velogames actually used to get me watching cycle races more - went from TdF to taking an interest in Giro, Vuelta and smaller Tours like Australia, Switzerland and USA when Velogames had a free game on them giving me more of an interest but since there's been no fantasy TdF Velogames game I have found me seeking out the highlights shows or tuning in late at night to catch up on races hasn't happened so they get one less viewer - which is nothing - but if I'm not alone maybe they get a % of less viewers tuning in (no clue how they measure stuff with catch up TV and all sorts these days) means the TV station can not sell advert space for as much money and might decide cost of rights is to dear for viewer numbers and drop sport altogether when it comes to renew a contract so just maybe TdF hurt themselves by being such money grabbing so and so's and playing wacker-mole with one man fans running games on their sport out of passion, not monetary gain. Gees the hours George must of spent for free to run his website not to mention website and server costs.

I had an idea for years for my own fantasy NFL game very different to anything out there but I've no clue how to create a website or anything so my passion just stays a pipe dream. I may give the CC game a go but am 50/50 as feel like boycotting the TdF for reasons stated.
Last edited by bluelionman on 20 Jun 2021, 10:33, edited 2 times in total.

Geoffv
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 301st overall FPL 2013-14

Post by Geoffv »

murf wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 16:12 The TdF actively got velogames TdF game stopped. Very much the big guy bullying the little guy so I won't be playing their game in protest. My opinion. My decision. The rest of you can do as you see fit.

I can be quite stubborn. I used to love Opal Fruits but have boycotted them since they started printing a fake name on the packets. Same with Marathons except I never really bought many of them before Image
Well you will be happy. They are bringing the marathon bar name back! Peanut chocolate bars all round!

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

The Official Site Game has now updated with rider rosters so you can now pick your squads.

https://fantasy.letour.fr/#/welcome

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bluelionman »

No as they not forced by threat of legal action to get rid of others games on the Premier League just there's is free and they allow world entrants - I actually like it and do it just not very good at it. I also do the Telegraphs Fantasy Football game on the Premier League annually. As far as I know plenty of other ones still run annually - The Sun Dream Team, is it Times has one I know another paper does am sure if its not The Times?

Any way signing off with #velogamesTdFmatters

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

Latest Table. Marc Anthony leads the Official compImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

Update and Marc still leads.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Anyone setting up a league/thread for this year?

I need some help picking my stiffs. :-)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

snout wrote:Anyone setting up a league/thread for this year?

I need some help picking my stiffs. :-)
Still boycotting in support of Velogames

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

Fair dos. I'm not too keen on the format where you get extra transfer points for answering quiz questions, or putting stuff on social media, or whatever it is this year. But it's a fun league run by a mate so I'm not going to make a fuss about it.

And I couldn't help picking J. LeCroq as my ultra cheapo. Something about the name...

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

The League from last year is still open so if you have entered again you will be automatically entered or if anybody wants to play it details above. We only did it last year because we thought Velogames wasn’t running and then it came in late.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

Just checked. 4 teams in at the moment.

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

Thanks sib. I tried searching for and joining the league but this created a Team#2 for me so I gave up on that. Can't work out how to put Team#1 in there.

And, guess what, LeCroq is crocked! Well, a DNS at least.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cycling”