To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Secret Tournament III

A forum for all Draft FPL Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users).
Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: The Secret Tournament III

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Defended his title. Will be insufferable.

(I love you really, F4c. I just need some time to get over this. :lol:)

I get to share in the misery of coming second again with Stem this time, and we both get to share in the misery of losing to From4corners. A shared trauma. :lol:

Oh dino, what might have been. :? Leading with just two gameweeks to go, he hit a run of bad form at exactly the wrong time. 25 points in GW37 really killed his chances and allowed Stemania (hilariously) to take the lead, before From4corners sealed the deal in GW38. A red card for Cancelo in GW37 and an own goal from Schmeichel in GW38 contributed to his downfall.

But I shouldn't be too negative. He had a brilliant season overall and was just unlucky to come out 4th-best in a see-sawing four-way title race. He'll be back for another tilt at the title next season, I'm sure.

Stay awake next time, Shanley, and you might have a chance of winning. :wink:

Mid-table respectability (mediocrity? No, let's go with respectability!) for AR in his first Secret Tournament. He maintains he inadvertently sabotaged his own chances with his first two draft picks (Sterling and Havertz), but who could have foreseen Sterling's startling drop-off in form in a City title-winning season, or that Havertz would be so badly mismanaged by Lampard before catching COVID and missing many matches?

You should have been more patient with Havertz, AR. I got some lovely points from him in the run-in. :wink: Although mind you, his 24-minute appearance in GW38 cost me Robson-Kanu's 8-pointer off the bench and, ultimately, the title. So it's swings and roundabouts I suppose. :lol:

A tough season for Archy, who lost Virgil van Dijk to injury early on. His initial squad was a mixture of solid picks (can't really go wrong with Ederson and Salah) and interesting punts that didn't really pay off (Ziyech, Lacazette). Ultimately though, he was undone by the same problem which dogged him last year: picking too many Crystal Palace players. :lol:

Nabbed both Vardy and Kane in his initial squad, so will have expected to come away with better than an 8th-placed finish. In fact, with some excellent picks in midfield as well (Greenwood, Maddison, Mount), I'm not really sure how he didn't finish higher. :?

Perhaps he didn't have the desire to remain fully engaged throughout the season. 12 total transactions would suggest this to be the case. A shame really, because this guy definitely coulda been a contender.

A tough season for baganboy, who was sporadically active through the first half of the season before making his last moves in GW24. Martínez was perhaps the best of his initial picks, but De Bruyne never quite hit the heights of last season, and Grealish started like a train before disappearing for a long, long time.

We hope our Indian friend will be back next year, although we understand if he has more important things on his mind these days with the COVID situation over there. Sending good vibes and best wishes to you, baganboy, wherever you are.

Ahh, Tall Paul. Where would we be without Tall Paul? :mrgreen:

I mean obviously we'd all be in exactly the same place. :lol:

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

:lol: Lovely overview! I will try to live up to the insufferableness. Pretty cool actually that I kept Bale on my bench, having only six points between us makes it all better no.

And finishing second all three times... Well, at least that's on average better than 9th, first and first.
(I love you too. I hope you caught my bouquet this time. :lol:)

As for baganboy, same same. I hope all is well with you, your loved ones, and everyone else you know (and those you don't).

I also hope for everyone to be back next season, including you Archy, as this (drafting, and doing it in secret with no one else reading about it) is just so much more fun than the actual/original game.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Great write up - and congrats to From4corners.

Only 45 points from the top here which is probably less than it was after half a dozen gameweeks. Lots of lessons learned (well that's what everyone on twitter says - me I'll probably end up making exactly the same mistakes again :lol: ).

Looking forward to next season already - thinking that Havertz might have a breakthrough season so I should get on him early :lol:

Have a good close season everyone.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Anyone interested in a Secret Tournament league table based on the total number of points accumulated over the past three seasons? I certainly am. Cast your eyes below to find out why. :wink:

RankManagerFinal positionsTotal points
1.Pirlo's Beard2nd, 2nd, 2nd5,045
2.From4corners9th, 1st, 1st4,926
3.dino19806th, 3rd, 4th4,862
4.Archy4th, 6th, 7th4,751
5.Stemania5th, 8th, 2nd4,690
6.baganboy8th, 4th, 9th4,622
7.Mo Bot10th, 5th, 8th4,439
8.Tall Paul3rd, 9th, 10th4,168
9.Mav3rick**1st, 10th2,529
10.RuudTheDudeVanTheMan*5th1,682
11.Aldershot Rejects*6th1,675
12.No Way Jose*7th1,537
13.Zimmerman*7th1,453

** Only played two seasons
* Only played one season

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

:lol: fab! Haha

Quick question: when you say "the total number of points accumulated", does this account for bench points?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

From4corners wrote: 24 May 2021, 20:33 Quick question: when you say "the total number of points accumulated", does this account for bench points?
Quick answer: No. :mrgreen:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft Mini-Leagues & Side Games”