To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Diary of a Closer

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: Diary of a Closer

Post by CBN »

Not decided yet but will probably be a max of 10 unique teams - i.e. if I enter 20 then it’ll be 10 teams duplicated. It makes it easier to manage and means you can differentiate them at a key moment.

I don’t think you need a huge multi entry. 2 or 3 teams would give you a decent run for your money imho.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

We got Salah, Mendy, Mendy...Super Choupo-Mouting, but we sold Raheem you know!

Ogi, Ogi, Ogi!!!

Viva La Francais

Viva Paris!!!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Ricky brought Mbappe in for Sterling and made him captain in case you were wondering.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Close....

Ok for those party people who are following tonight’s episode of the show we actually made these transfers:

Sterling to Walker
Jota to Mbappe
Kebak to viniscius

Captain super Mo Salah.

I wanted to de-risk Jota not starting and whilst arriving at the Mpabbe party late it’s better than never.

Needed to free up monies hence sterling had to go and despite needing to dodge the Haaland bomb I feel that Chelsea aside, Citheh are the team most likely to keep a CS.

Obviously, Choupo aside (there’s actually a safety net for him
Now (still a long shot)) as I’m shitting it about Gnabry taking his place but I just had to take the risk so it’s a very Paris orientated team and I’m dodging Bayern bullets.

So tough as obv Bayern are favourites and I know Guyete is suspended but am hoping veratti fills the void and god I hope Choupo starts.....

it’s shit or bust time now.

I think PSG will win it and as such I’ve backed them.

Balls the size of coconuts I know but I promised you guys it would be interesting and interesting it shall be.

I’d wish anyone up there luck but I’d be lying.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Important to note that despite setting a target of top 3 for myself tonight that the top team is still playing as part of a wider portfolio with each team set up compliment.

Hunting in packs ftw.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Sound logic that Ricky and I think de-risking the Jota situation is very smart. Personally, I fancy Bayern to win. Will be delighted to be wrong - good luck :D

Still a long way to go and you're going to have a shot whatever happens this week.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Deep down I’m so scared that they turn up and just steam roller PSG, however, I still think Bayern will be a little awkward with no Gnabry or lewandowski. Besides, the added beauty of Choupo is he mitigates the PSG.

Whether he bombs tonight or scores 3 he was a good pick.

I’m effectively playing with the three strikers.

Just need them all to bloody score.

Whilst I’m scared of Bayern I believe Neymar is an exceptional footballer and we will see his genius tonight.

I was going to captain him but made him VC instead in honour as my captain is Salah (logic is sort of Liverpool must score to stay In the competition and who’s the most likely Liverpool player to score? You got it.) Viniscius was perfect, a Liverpool side who have to score will get caught on the break.....Hence Kebak also leaving the building.

Fingers crossed I have called this right.

Luck fail me not, this may be the only opportunity I got.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

All the best ricky, sound moves. I do fancy Bayern but think there will be goals so bringing in mbappe is a good move.

Also good luck to CBN in the premier game, notice your right in the mix now. Yorkies had a bad week but hopefully he can bounce back as it's pretty congested

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Mount and Choupo-Moting didn't finish the game - very surprised about the latter considering Bayern needed a goal.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

CBN wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 20:36 No mind games cos I'm well out of contention but I've had a look at your team and so many different things to consider...

- keep Sterling and rely on the safety net?
- keep Mendy and rely on the safety net? Or bin him and a City defender completely cos Dortmund are likely to score?
- continue with the Bayern/PSG hedge or put all the eggs in one basket?
- who to captain...!

Look forward to seeing what you do!
That was some great advice from CBN - Sterling would have automatically changed into Foden and Dortmund were always more than likely to score.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Apologies for the delay in updating party people.

I know a lot of you will be waiting for the next update and I promise to do one as soon as I get chance.

I have to admit to being a little preoccupied with everything else that life throws at you and of course any spare time before the last leg of the quarter finals was spent on the teams etc.

There was also the little matter of the F1 seasonal game (anyone else have a go at it)? Where after the first GP i was sat Joint 3rd out Of like 1k runners but was surrounded by a lot of similar teams.

So I did what I do, early wild carded and mixed my team right up.

Those guys won’t know what’s hit them until it’s too late!

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

The F1 game proves to be much more interesting then I first thought and I was super surprised to check all the other joint thirds around me teams after the transfer deadline had not made any subs and had rolled and kept their teams identical.

And there’s me wildcarding!

So any way the team I started with had a team of both McLaren drivers and both red bull with the rookie alpha touri driver as my 5th driver.

So I flipped into Hamilton dropping both McLaren to get Lewis in and retained Verstappen whilst bringing in Gasly to have both Alpha drivers and reikkone as a filler.

I dropped to 123rd after qualifying because my rookie alpha driver took his car out and starts from the back of the grid but Gasly is well placed and there’s literally only like 7 points between my current position and 3rd so I’m hoping whilst feeling a little
despondent yesterday that my play works out.

Fingers crossed!

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

RickyRosa wrote:The F1 game proves to be much more interesting then I first thought and I was super surprised to check all the other joint thirds around me teams after the transfer deadline had not made any subs and had rolled and kept their teams identical.

And there’s me wildcarding!

So any way the team I started with had a team of both McLaren drivers and both red bull with the rookie alpha touri driver as my 5th driver.

So I flipped into Hamilton dropping both McLaren to get Lewis in and retained Verstappen whilst bringing in Gasly to have both Alpha drivers and reikkone as a filler.

I dropped to 123rd after qualifying because my rookie alpha driver took his car out and starts from the back of the grid but Gasly is well placed and there’s literally only like 7 points between my current position and 3rd so I’m hoping whilst feeling a little
despondent yesterday that my play works out.

Fingers crossed!
I'm in the f1 game aswell mate my first ever go at it

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

My team of norris Hamilton perez Russell and raikkonen and mcclaren as my team currently sat on 283 points and used the md chip on Hamilton this weekend

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I have been lucky enough to end up 26th with 356 points.

Obviously a long way to go but I think it officially counts as a good start.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Where are you after this weekend I'm on 406 points

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I’m not sure if we’re playing the same game.

I’m 26th in 356 points in the seasonal F1 game...we’re you playing the weekly game?

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I think I’m going to win it

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Think? Modesty doesn’t suit you Ricky 😉

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Sergio Ramos captain Ricky - like your style.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Waiting for the big reveal :D

Good luck Ricky - really hope you pull it off 8-)

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

be interesting to see how the top players have split their load, 551 is a go big or go home approach but it's more for people in my position, I think if I was at the top, where nevermind always is on all the games I play, I'd probably have to have 4421, you'd have 3 dead players in the final assuming your 44's got there, but but by the time you did, you could be well ahead, really, I'd want to pick at least 2 from City/PSG.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Strong In the force you are Aurora.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

CBN wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 08:32 Waiting for the big reveal :D

Good luck Ricky - really hope you pull it off 8-)
Me too!!!

Seriously though gents....your either going to look at it and think W T F or you will look at it and think genius.

Like no in betweens...you know me well enough by now.

Not long to wait now guys...latest edition of the show starts at 6.30pm...make sure you tune in!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”