To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 31 Captain Thread/The Moan Zone

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Fancy a punt? Or does it have to be a City player? But then who can you trust to start?

Gundogan (LEE)
4%
KDB (LEE)
7%
Sterling (LEE)
11%
Mahrez (LEE)
No votes
Foden (LEE)
No votes
Jesus (LEE)
No votes
Aguero (LEE)
7%
Salah (AVL)
33%
Jota (AVL)
5%
Werner (cry)
No votes
Mount (cry)
No votes
Lingard (LEI)
5%
Antonio (LEI)
No votes
Vardy (whu)
No votes
Iheanacho (whu)
No votes
Kane (MUN)
10%
Son (MUN)
No votes
Fernandes (tot)
3%
Rashford (tot)
No votes
Aubameyang (shu)
7%
Lacazette (shu)
3%
Ings (wba)
No votes
Calvert-Lewin (bha)
3%
Other (specify your guy)
3%

Total votes: 73

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

GW 31 Captain Thread/The Moan Zone

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Think I've covered all the main contenders without putting too many options as I'd hate to tilt anyone ;) Left out the Leeds players because I doubt anyone is going there this week! Hmm actually Villa also hammered Liverpool earlier this season and I've left them out too, oh well stick it in the "other" section if you dare :twisted:

Only have Gundogan from City so it'll either be him or Lingard or Jota when I bring him in. Currently have it on Lingard but that may change because we have the power to re-vote 8-)
Last edited by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan on 06 Apr 2021, 19:20, edited 5 times in total.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: GW 31 Captain Thread

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

I can't believe you've included [insert player name here] and left out [insert player name here]. The poll is [way too long/way too short] (delete as appropriate) and the [format/layout/inclusion of an Everton player] (delete as appropriate) hurts my eyes.

Have I covered everything?

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

I can't believe you've included Jesus and left out Mane. The poll is way too long and having some team names abbreviated, e.g. wba but others not e.g. LEEDS hurts my eyes.

Also, the correct abbreviation for Brighton is BHA, not bri

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I can't believe you've included Werner and left out Alonso. The poll is not alphabetised and not having alphabetised the list hurts my eyes.

Cheers, Ruud! My captain will be Agüero.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I can't believe the carping comments on here. Do people have no grace? :(

Will probably be an opportunistic captain for me depending on team selection in the midweek games. Would quite like to go for Ings but doubt he'll be in my team. :lol:

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 11:09 I can't believe the carping comments on here. Do people have no grace? :(
I know right, I'm sure our comments were as serious as yours. I'm sure Ruud will read between the lines. :wink:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

tarkens wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 10:15 I can't believe you've included Jesus and left out Mane. The poll is way too long and having some team names abbreviated, e.g. wba but others not e.g. LEEDS hurts my eyes.

Also, the correct abbreviation for Brighton is BHA, not bri
Where are these abbreviation errors you speak of? I definitely haven't edited the team names after the fact, no sir you must have been tarken some substances that impaired your vision ;)

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

From4corners wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 10:39I can't believe you've included Werner
This :lol:

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Change title to Bitching thread 😂

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

From4corners wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote: I can't believe the carping comments on here. Do people have no grace? :(
I know right, I'm sure our comments were as serious as yours. I'm sure Ruud will read between the lines. :wink:
You are Dutch so maybe don't get the subtle distinction between constructive criticism, carping and crude sarcasm. Essentially, constructive criticism is when I do it, carping is when most others do it and degraded sarcasm is when PB does it (but he's from Leeds and they know no other way unfortunately).

Maybe that helps a little bit? :wink:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 12:24 Where are these abbreviation errors you speak of? I definitely haven't edited the team names after the fact, no sir you must have been tarken some substances that impaired your vision ;)
The correct abbreviation for Aston Villa is AVL. :wink:

Ruth_NZ wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 13:10 Essentially, constructive criticism is when I do it, carping is when most others do it and degraded sarcasm is when PB does it (but he's from Leeds and they know no other way unfortunately).
I'm actually from Ireland but why let facts get in the way of personal attacks, eh? :)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: GW 31 Captain Thread/The Moan Zone

Post by Ruth_NZ »

So why Leeds? It's mainly Liverpool over there isn't it?

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: I'm actually from Ireland but why let facts get in the way of personal attacks, eh? :)
to me you'll always be Italian :*

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 13:34
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 12:24 Where are these abbreviation errors you speak of? I definitely haven't edited the team names after the fact, no sir you must have been tarken some substances that impaired your vision ;)
The correct abbreviation for Aston Villa is AVL. :wink:

AVL that's what I put ;) You've been sharing the funny stuff with tarkens haven't ya :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 14:52 AVL that's what I put ;) You've been sharing the funny stuff with tarkens haven't ya :lol:
Lovely. Now that you've rectified that, the correct abbreviation for Manchester United is MUN. :wink:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: AVL that's what I put ;) You've been sharing the funny stuff with tarkens haven't ya :lol:
Lovely. Now that you've rectified that, the correct abbreviation for Manchester United is MUN. :wink:
I can't believe it that you have felt it necessary to put the abbreviations in at all, Ruud. :? It's another example of the incessant spoon-feeding that has developed in the FPL community.

However if you are going to put them in, the correct shortened form for Liverpool is WHI and for Leeds it's DIR. Don't think I'm allowed to mention the Spurs one nowadays. :wink:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Ruth_NZ wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 18:41
Pirlo's Beard wrote:
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: AVL that's what I put ;) You've been sharing the funny stuff with tarkens haven't ya :lol:
I can't believe it that you have felt it necessary to put the abbreviations in at all, Ruud. :?
Day 10 off the fags so at this stage I'm just looking for things to do! Felt like a good way to pass a few minutes :lol:

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Could be Sterling (c) now!

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 19:02 Day 10 off the fags so at this stage I'm just looking for things to do! Felt like a good way to pass a few minutes :lol:
No, great job on the poll, although the abbreviation for Crystal Palace is CRY, which is probably what you feel like doing at this stage. :lol:

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

:D
Sutter Kane wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 19:08 Could be Sterling (c) now!
Good shout, I'm tempted to bring him in my WC team for one week instead of KDB.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 19:18
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 19:02 Day 10 off the fags so at this stage I'm just looking for things to do! Felt like a good way to pass a few minutes :lol:
No, great job on the poll, although the abbreviation for Crystal Palace is CRY, which is probably what you feel like doing at this stage. :lol:
Ah the 1st 3 days are the worst, feel like I'm over the hump now :mrgreen: I've taken another -8 in ChampMan this week, hope it goes better than my last one :cry:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

From4corners wrote:
Sutter Kane wrote: Could be Sterling (c) now!
Yeah, hurdle #1 is that he plays, which seems more likely now though Pep only started him once in the last 5 games and it looks like he's still on the naughty step. But hurdle #2 is that he'd actually have to do something useful, having started. :?

I can see City (and Liverpool and especially Chelsea) being very happy with a patient 1-0 or 2-0 at the weekend if they can get it. Might be best to look elsewhere, if I were to take a 1-week flyer for the captaincy it could be Ings.

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

Can't decide between Lingard, the man massively in form but playing against a reasonably solid Foxes outfit vs Lacazette, not is such great form but playing against the truely woeful blades...

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Urgh, team looks horrible this week, so will probably be one of my new signees, KDB or Aguero.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Think I'll be going Salah, most likely.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

From4corners wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 19:18 :D
Sutter Kane wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 19:08 Could be Sterling (c) now!

Won't be chuffed if this comes off. While he was in my team I gave him the armband millions of times for no points at all. :roll:

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Thinking about Aubameyang. Gone from potentially selling him to a hit to maybe captaining him.

Not on great form but looked good when he came on yesterday and all signs point to a start down the middle vs the worst team in the league.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Seems a good week to take a bit of a punt, so I'm going for

Jota (C), Salah (VC)

bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Post by bcfc1903 »

Well he's in top notch form... So Mr Kane.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Currently on Lingard but Salah is nagging away in the background.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”