To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW25 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Leeds, Soton or Avoid. GW25 Captain?

Poll ended at 21 Feb 2021, 23:47

BAMFORD
58%
RAPHINHA
13%
DALLAS
3%
HARRISON
No votes
INGS
11%
WARD-PROWSE
No votes
MINAMINO
No votes
ADAMS
No votes
Salah
2%
Werner
No votes
Aubameyang
No votes
Gundogan
1%
Sterling
No votes
Kane
No votes
Son
No votes
Vardy
No votes
Maddison
No votes
Barnes
No votes
Grealish
No votes
Watkins
No votes
Bruno Fernandes
9%
Cavani
No votes
Rashford
1%
OTHER
No votes

Total votes: 89

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

GW25 Captain

Post by hayesag »

So who do you fancy for the (C) and more importantly why :shock:

Double gwk For just the two teams this gwk in Leeds and Soton. Leeds have strong attackers but not so much for Soton bar Danny Boy Ings. On the other hand the reliable big players keep on delivering the goods. Choices, choices :)

Currently 60/40 in favour of Bam Bam as blah puts it :D , but i like Raphinha too. He is very much at the heart of all out attack Leeds style of play atm.

FYI be wary of the return of European games in midweek. This could have an affect on your single gwk players for (c) choices

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Re: GW25 Captain

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Bamford or Ings still to be decided.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

It's on Raphinha. He has the skills to score, his corners are sweet as (so good) and, more importantly, he's in form.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Gone Bamford over Raph. In form, on pens, goals and assists, great double fixtures. Benefit going Raphinha is more points as a mid but I think Bamford scores more points... I think. Raphinha on corners is a big plus but is he more likely to be pulled if the games not going well? I’d say so.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Think Bamford is the smart call this week. Unless you're chasing and looking for hail mary shots, his EO will be a massive 150%+, he's leading on the key stats both over the season and the past few weeks, is on pens, and Raphina is already a very nice differential in his own right just to have him in your squad. The upside of Raphinha potentially outscoring Bamford is (imo) definitely not worth the risk of the reverse happening and your rank tanking. It's a killer to plan well and build a good squad over time, only to squander the benefits against the field on one captaincy call.

In my view, captaincy is noisy and can go any way in a given gameweek - makes sense to minimise the variance here in weeks where it's marginal and there's one leading pick, and then maximise the risk/gains made on stuff that's more predictable and controllable (building a good squad for a period of several GWs, having three Leeds in your squad, prepped for DGW26, etc).

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Bamford (c), Fernandes (vc)

johnF
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnF »

Probably go with Bamford like most. What about VC though? Another Leeds player like Raphinha/Dallas or is it better to go for someone different like Bruno just in case Leeds game gets cancelled for some reason?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Is playing *for* Leeds as good as playing *against* Leeds? Saints are a decent team, Danny has a good chance here.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes he does indeed. It's the other fixture for S'ton though that would cause me to go for a Leeds captain.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Sutter Kane wrote:Yes he does indeed. It's the other fixture for S'ton though that would cause me to go for a Leeds captain.
Yeah, that's the gamble. Wolves are unreliable (which means they could have a good day parking the bus?), and Chelsea under Tuchel haven't played a half-decent attacking team yet.

Nailer was talking about variance above, I suppose owning Bamford and capping Danny is one way to create variance? (not happy with my rank)

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Going to put the tc on Bamford

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Yeah I must say I do like Ings this week, tempted to get him in given the fixtures. My gut says he'll score well, but Soton have been poor lately and I'd be worried about his fitness/minutes. If they get the fabled triple double, with 6 matches over 3 gameweeks, can he stick it out?!

The likes of Bamford, Grealish, Kane etc. are very appealing over this run of DGWs as you can be confident on their minutes (as well as attacking quality).

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

johnF wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 14:26 Probably go with Bamford like most. What about VC though? Another Leeds player like Raphinha/Dallas or is it better to go for someone different like Bruno just in case Leeds game gets cancelled for some reason?
I have deployed this method all season so my vice is Bruno. Unless it’s covid one game will go ahead and if it is then at least you still have a captain for that weekZ

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

S_sutton87 wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 18:23 Going to put the tc on Bamford

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
+1

=ID=
Grumpy Old Man

Post by =ID= »

I had it on Bamford but Gun is apparently much better and will play against Arsenal, said Pep, so Im tempted to keep it on him.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Completely torn between Ings and Bamford. Will definitely be one of those two, just not sure which!

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Can't decide between Bruno against a terrible Newcastle, or Bamford for the double. Decisions decisions!

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Bamford (c)
Bruno (vc)

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Lucky wrote:Bamford (c)
Bruno (vc)
Same

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

eastcentral1 wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 12:18
Lucky wrote:Bamford (c)
Bruno (vc)
Same
This.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

=ID= wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 14:50 I had it on Bamford but Gun is apparently much better and will play against Arsenal, said Pep, so Im tempted to keep it on him.
I really hope this works out for you. A maverick move like this deserves a reward, if you actually follow through with it!

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

Toying between Bamford and Ralph. Head says Bamford, trigger finger says Ralph.

=ID=
Grumpy Old Man

Post by =ID= »

Sutter Kane wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 12:31
=ID= wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 14:50 I had it on Bamford but Gun is apparently much better and will play against Arsenal, said Pep, so Im tempted to keep it on him.
I really hope this works out for you. A maverick move like this deserves a reward, if you actually follow through with it!
Now you're making me wanna do it! :D

SteveieB123
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SteveieB123 »

Bamford (Raf) - if it was a single game week wouldn't risk the same team but unless Leeds come down with it, would prefer Raf over Bruno as a one off.

DeanoMK
FISOhead

Post by DeanoMK »

From everything I've seen the metrics and predictions have it quite close between Raphina and Bamford, I want to go Raphina but the EO does scare me, as much as I don't want it to but then I think about the last time it played on my mind ended up being a Bruno captain fail when if I had gone with my gut I would have had a massive gain.

I am tempted by Raphina TC, was planning on doing so for Kane in 26 but they could be facing 2 tough defences (Burnley/Fulham)....

Scooty
Kevin and Perry

Post by Scooty »

To TC Bamford or not, giving me major brain farts lol

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Very early days and easy to say with the benefit of hindsight, but I'm really regretting not captaining Ings now. Had it on him most of yesterday, but bottled it and switched back to Bamford when I checked all the polls and saw how far ahead he was.

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

What are the chances that Bamford wont do nothing this game week

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Kris_fiso wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 23:48 What are the chances that Bamford wont do nothing this game week
I'm certainly hoping he won't do nothing this gameweek as given that I Captained him. Therefore, something... anything, would be welcome.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Kris_fiso wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 23:48 What are the chances that Bamford wont do nothing this game week
50%. That's a higher chance than you to interact with your fellow posters in a decent manner.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”