To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pro Cycling Chit Chat

A forum for fans of Fantasy Cycling games (including Fantasy Tour de France)
unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Re: Pro Cycling Chit Chat

Post by unc.si. »

And Froome’s British. No question at all.
It’s just that he’s never raced here. Brad’s been part of the furniture for a long time, on the track but at club TT’s and out training on the road as well. He’s been part of the UK scene for a long time and a lot of club cyclists will have come across him at some point.
Froomes popped over to the UK a couple of times for races recently, but he’s not really part of the UK cycling scene, plus he’s a bit of a cold fish. That’s why he’s never been accepted as much as others.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

I’ve been critical of Froome in the past.
He lacks a bit of the X factor. Ugly rider, too obsessed with his power meter, and a bit short on panache. Chapeau for a few recent good rides though - attacking with Sagan and finally learning how to descend.
He might not look good on the bike, but there’s no doubt that he’s a great rider

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

unc.si. wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 00:09 Got to be Froome I guess. 2015 TdF.
Nope (arguably that was his 3rd win anyway with the backdated 2011 Vuelta - either way, not right). Has been at least 1 since.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Ahh yes, forgot about that 😀
Not sure then. Nibali? Earlier than Froome though surely??

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

Nairo Quintana

Vuelta 2016

Is my guess?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

unc.si. wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 00:19 I’ve been critical of Froome in the past.
He lacks a bit of the X factor. Ugly rider, too obsessed with his power meter, and a bit short on panache. Chapeau for a few recent good rides though - attacking with Sagan and finally learning how to descend.
He might not look good on the bike, but there’s no doubt that he’s a great rider
It’s been interesting seeing a different side of his personality creeping out every now and then whilst he’s not been burdened with expectation. Even a smile or two!
I appreciate that’s not the primary test of a great athlete but I think it cross references with the ‘power meter/lack of panache’ points for Froome. He’s maximised on his talent.

As for aesthetics, wouldn’t it be wonderful to be as ruthless and beautiful as Federer?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

sibrown4 wrote:Nairo Quintana

Vuelta 2016

Is my guess?
Correct!

Nibali was before Froome. Last one before that was Basso.

Just looked it all up after the recent run (7) of first time winners that came straight after Froome's 3 on the trot.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

unc.si. wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 00:09 Got to be Froome I guess. 2015 TdF.
That was after the Vuelta win. May be that was his 2nd GT?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Cavendish wins again 👏👏👏👏👏

And gets Leaders jersey in Tour of Turkey 😱😱😱

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

I thought he was all but retired... any prospects for the major Tours this year then?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Not a clue, but it was something of a Classic Cav finish....

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Great to see Cav winning again, but I doubt if we'll see him in a GT again. Maybe the Vuelta as an outside chance but think his TdF days are over.

did anyone see de Ronde by the way. Great race - one of the best for a long time. WvA burned his matches too early and MvdP probably did a bit too much on his own in the race as well. Great finish by Asgreen. Deserved winner. Nice to see GvA on the podium as well :-)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

More vans than Hertz there...

What happened to the guy who fell off the bridge last year (Evenepoel?), is he back in action?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

unc.si. wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 13:52 Great to see Cav winning again, but I doubt if we'll see him in a GT again. Maybe the Vuelta as an outside chance but think his TdF days are over.
You don't think his sponsors will want him there for the publicity??

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

They have Allaphillippe for TdF....

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

forestfan wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 14:08 More vans than Hertz there...

What happened to the guy who fell off the bridge last year (Evenepoel?), is he back in action?
or more vans than Dirk Hoffman maybe, seeing as its de Ronde :-)

Remco Evenepoel is back training again. There was some talk about him riding the Giro but I guess it depends how the training goes. I guess we should start seeing him in a few smaller races soon.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

murf wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 14:26
unc.si. wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 13:52 Great to see Cav winning again, but I doubt if we'll see him in a GT again. Maybe the Vuelta as an outside chance but think his TdF days are over.
You don't think his sponsors will want him there for the publicity??
They have such a strong team though I doubt it to be honest. Like Blah says they have Ala as well so they won't be short of publicity.

Lefevre isn't the sentimental type I don't think so the only way we see Cav lining up for the Tour is if they think he has a realistic shot of winning 2 or 3 stages, and I just can't see it.

would love to see him win another TdF stage but I think thats going to be too much for him. I'm just really pleased to see him back competitive and winning stages again, even if in lesser races. He's had a rough few years so I'm super pleased to see him add to his Palmares.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, another win after that illness has iced his cake. That's not to say that he doesn't want and won't get loads of cherries and sprinkles.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

We’ve seen the risks of those bunch sprints illustrated all too graphically recently, though, and if you’re not quite at the level of before then you’re just likely to crash more, something we’ve seen from Cavendish in recent years.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

Sam Bennett,currently the fastest man out there, is pencilled in to do the DQS sprinting at the TDF.He will have Morkov plus to lead him out.No room for Chav.
Evenepoel is doing training camps and planning to go straight to The Giro.(Which I think he will win).Perhaps they could find a slot for Chav there alongside one of the other Tier 2 sprinters like Hodeg or Jakobsen.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It might be tricky riding for both though? Maybe Bennett for the Points Jersey in one of the other 2?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

El Tel of Ealing wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 16:09 Sam Bennett,currently the fastest man out there, is pencilled in to do the DQS sprinting at the TDF.He will have Morkov plus to lead him out.No room for Chav.
Evenepoel is doing training camps and planning to go straight to The Giro.(Which I think he will win).Perhaps they could find a slot for Chav there alongside one of the other Tier 2 sprinters like Hodeg or Jakobsen.
Evenepoel is considered a GC contender already? Knew he was very highly rated but wasn’t sure if that was his career expectation or not.

Is Jakobsen back as well then? That certainly looked career-threatening at the very least. And what of his assailant in said incident, still banned?

I think if Cav does go back to a GT he’s most likely to end it on the tarmac like Abdoupushemoff...

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

El Tel of Ealing wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 16:09 Sam Bennett,currently the fastest man out there, is pencilled in to do the DQS sprinting at the TDF.He will have Morkov plus to lead him out.No room for Chav.
Remco's going straight to the Giro without any warm-up races you mean? I know he's 'The next Eddie Merckx' (tm) but has to be too much even for him to be in contention with no competitive riding under his belt surely?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

There certainly has been a change of the top lot in the last year or so, with arguably Sagan being a has been.....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Well at least that makes green jersey contests interesting again!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep. Apparently Sagan had COVID, but I do think the kids could beat him, and certainly make it interesting.

This could be a golden age for cycling?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I put it on for last few 100m before.

It was pure Cav at the end Quick Step did a great job from 10km out. Greipel must really hate him.

He is my most fave sportsman. Freaking amazing......

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

Lefevre revealed his current thinking yesterday.The Giro will be too soon for Chav:he's promised it to Hodeg.
Almeida will lead the Giro team with Remco the 'underdog'.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

That's 2 in 2 days 👏👏👏

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Its like buses - you wait for 3 years and then 3 in a row...

Chapeau

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cycling”