To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Initial musings on post break team

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Initial musings on post break team

Post by CptPugwash »

There's 3 lot rounds of fixtures announced so far. (Don't know if we are expecting more before the deadline.)

starting with IMO the most obvious.
1. As impressive as West Ham have been in the last 2, I can't see beyond Spurs as the Wk5 Sunday cpt pick. On top of that the WK6 Monday game is Burnley v Spurs, making a Spurs pick a no-brainer. I can't envisage anyone other than either Son or Kane. So for me 1 forward slot on either Kane or Son.
2. Wk5 Monday game. Leeds v Wolves. As much as i don't like to admit it, Leeds have impressed me far more than Wolves. Having a Leeds player also adds an option for the Wk7 Monday night game Leeds v Leicester. At the moment I don't plan on starting with a Leicester attacking option. Really unsure who to pick but pencilling in Klich, as I don't want to use a forward slot on Bamford.
3 Everton. Can they keep this form up. I don't see why not. Liverpool(H), Soton(A), Newcastle(A) doesn't particular look great as Soton & Newcastle have actually been 2 of the better sides defensively so far. However the Liverpool derby could easily end up 4-4 the way this season is going, & the next 2 are both Sunday games without any other particularly standout captain options. Rodriguez & DCL both look great value on current form, so they are both in for me.

Between them Spurs, Leeds & Everton can cover the next 3 weeks for Sunday & Monday captain picks.

4. Wk5 Saturday. Hard to say if there is a standout Captain option. 1 week ago i would have said it's obviously Vardy at home to Villa. To paraphrase; a week is a long time in the 20/21 Premier league season. Now i'm edging towards KDB at home to Arsenal. If nothing else, surely he will pick up plenty bonus points. Money is not going to be anything like an issue, so I can easily afford him.
5 Salah. Wk6 Saturday Home to Sheffield looks the obvious pick that day, and is certainly going to be an option Wk7 Saturday (Home to West Ham).

6 Formation. Normally I'd go 4-3-3 with a dirt cheap defensive enabler. This season that's out of the window. as a) i don't need a defensive enabler, & b) why would you have more defenders than you need when we are averaging 86 goals a game. So without a shadow 3-4-3 for now.

7 That leaves me 1 midfield slot. I can't see beyond Grealish at the moment.

8 Goal Keeper. I think i'm going Mendy. If I had to guess who'd have the most clean sheets it would be Chelsea. Thiago-Zouma looks a solid pairing. Dave/James & Chilwell look as good as any fullback pairing defensively. Add to that Kante back where he belongs. The only other keeper i see as possibly better value is Martinez at Villa.

9. Defenders. It looks very hard to justify premium defenders at the moment.
Konsa - (Villa) 6.1: Justin (Leicester) 6.3 :Lamptey (Brighton) 6 are the 3 I have pencilled in at the moment.

Having Son rather than Kane give me a ridiculous bank balance of 7.1M. So no doubt I'll end up upgrading 1 defender.

rinky
FISOhead
FS Record: jan 09 sdt mom feb 13 tff mow feb 13 mirror mom 17-18 tff golden goal winner

Re: Initial musings on post break team

Post by rinky »

VERY SIMILAR TEAM AND THOUGHT PROCESS TO MINE. HAVE JUST GONE ONE EVERTON, RODRIGUEZ WITH VARDY UP TOP. DIFFERENT DEFENDERS BUT AS YOU SAY YOU STILL HAVE 7 MILLION LEFT..

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

The current fixtures will change though. There won’t be five games at 3pm on sat. So may move days and likely to be two on Mondays 545 and 8pm

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

mad dog wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 22:57 The current fixtures will change though. There won’t be five games at 3pm on sat. So may move days and likely to be two on Mondays 545 and 8pm
Is it confirmed that all games will continue to be broadcast on TV?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Latest news re TV, sounds like new fixture schedule might be out later

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1859021

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Well the revised fixtures are in for weeks 5 -7

Week 6 Friday: Villa v Leeds. Shouldn't be a problem, assuming Grealish comes back undamaged from the internationals as he is a deffo for my team.

Week 7 Friday: Wolves v Palace This throws a slight spanner in the works. Think the best solution is to wait till the Week 2 Sunday game (Wolves v Newcastle ) & transfer someone in. Of course it's not the opening game that day- so some guesswork may be involved.

Can't see the revised fixtures causing any other issues.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

As you say it is the two Friday fixtures that might be tricky, although like you I'm on Grealish so that won't be a problem. Wolves v Palace feels like a game to skip although Wolves are also a captaincy option for the first Monday night match at Leeds (and they have Newcastle in between). Hmm.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

The obvious thing to do would be to go with Jiminez, but I don't really want to tie up a forward slot for at least 4 weeks, with wolves not at their best.
I'd much rather have Traore / Podence playing wide in a front 3, but as i can't be confident in either starting week 5 there, i'd rather wait for week 6 when i might have more of an idea on how they will line-up.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

CptPugwash wrote: 10 Oct 2020, 13:42 The obvious thing to do would be to go with Jiminez, but I don't really want to tie up a forward slot for at least 4 weeks, with wolves not at their best.
I'd much rather have Traore / Podence playing wide in a front 3, but as i can't be confident in either starting week 5 there, i'd rather wait for week 6 when i might have more of an idea on how they will line-up.
Yes, Podence is obvious but worry slightly about his starting. Neto is also an option. I might just go with Patricio given I can't decide on my keeper.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”