To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Here goes a first try

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Definitely_useless
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: rock bottom

Here goes a first try

Post by Definitely_useless »

First time using this site. Played for a few seasons.

Useless... or really useless XI?

400k left which I had planned to use on city/united players as and when...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SamD
FISO Knight

Good attempt

Post by SamD »

Welcome to the forum. Team isn't useless!

It may help gather further responses if player value and total cost are shown, eg this is entry from last season's TFF champion; budget £49.2m:

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: Here goes a first try

Post by Spinynorman »

I rather like this team. :)

Personally I would only change the goalkeeper although that does of course impact on the rest of the team due to budget.

Definitely_useless
Kevin and Perry

So it looks like wolves signing another defender so had to review the set up.

Long version below but effectively I guess do people think its better or worse than the first draft?!!

I have tinkered for ages and reluctantly looked at changing the Liverpool lock in for defence to get a bit more firepower.

I realise KDB isn't going to play in the first week but the things I like about the team are the flexibility of being able to change Son to Bruno or Salah to Kane etc without cost.

Feel Lallana is still weak but he might just do a job, at the risk of reducing the Liverpool defence could swap Gomez for a £4m midfield enabler as the season takes shape and shows who is value.

Biggest worry is leaving out the Chelsea firepower but my gut tells me that even if Warner scores a few early on, the team is going to need to gel with 6 signings and might be better as a sub in.

Could be looking at maybe 4-5 subs in the first 6 weeks I guess but think its a team is made up of solid starters?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Mane for KdB then sell worst performing of Mane/Salah for KdB. 2 games (and the benefit of Liverpool player selection) for the cost of 1 transfer.
Seen Lallana in a few teams, no idea how reliable a starter he will be.
2 Sheff U at the back? No other cheap options to spread the risk??
I'll trust you on the Arsenal defender. Not looked at their options yet!

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Post by Buster »

Saliba at £2.3m would be fantastic value if he's a regular. Most sites I've seen predict a back three of Saliba, Luiz and Tierney. They've recently spent £27m on another Centre Back (Gabriel @ 2.8m in TFF) but I read he tends to play on the left-hand side (and Saliba on the right). Might have a dabble if Saliba starts that first game, though even then I guess he's a rotation risk.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Post by Johnners »

Definitely_useless wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 08:17 .....the flexibility of being able to change.....Salah to Kane etc without cost.
Although funds would allow, just bear in mind you wouldn't be able to make this particular switch in isolation, with 5-3-2 no longer an option.

I'm with the others in not being sure about Saliba yet, but at least you'll have the benefit of the early kick-off to make a last-minute change if necessary.

Definitely_useless
Kevin and Perry

Guys, that is so helpful thank you.

The Mane for KDB for 2 games is especially useful. Hadn't even given that a thought.

I had assumed Saliba would be a starter from what I have read but you are right, would be able to change.

2 Sheff united defenders does seem a risk but then based on last season seems sound. Doubt many people would have picked a single sheff united defender last summer.. will take another look again though at options.

Keeping an eye on the keepers too... does Martinez start, slim chance Henderson gets the chance at united etc...

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Post by Canaryfan »

Definitely_useless wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 13:48 2 Sheff united defenders does seem a risk but then based on last season seems sound. Doubt many people would have picked a single sheff united defender last summer.. will take another look again though at options.
I've gone three further in one team and currently have a full Sheff U block. Their opening 5 games - H - Wolves, A - Villa, H - Leeds, A - Arsenal and H - Fulham should give an indication as to whether they may be able to repeat last season's defensive success. If they don't look so good (and with their following three games being A - Liverpool, H - Man C and A - Chelsea) that may then be the time to move some of them on to other cheapish options who have started well and regularly.

Anyway, that's the plan, let's see if I have the nerve to stick with it!

Definitely_useless
Kevin and Perry

ok so after a lot more looking this is where I have ended up....

Ramsdale - Sheff united, good start, solid last year and he did great for bournemouth

Saliba - the risk, need to check arsenal starting XI tomorrow but Luiz is out so good chance to start
TAA - Premium defender - near 200 points last season at 5.6m value over mid and striker
Gomez - solid but not as many points but 3.8m nice double up on Liverpool defence
Basham - solid nothing special, likely to tinker around with another sub 3m defender as we go

Salah- nervous on his form but with united/city out for 2 games worth going with him to start
Son - worried on Kane's form effecting him but again as above looking at first two games
Lallana - feel he might be a 2 point game man in the main but a solid starter I think at 2.8m
Barnes - Can't pick Greenwood or Foden yet, he was solid last year

Auba - More confidence in his start than others
Werner - Left him out of all drafts until today, just feel he might get off to a flyer

Leaves me only 0.1m in the bank.

Thoughts are - swap Salah or Son or both for KDB and Bruno if form shows (0.1m less than Salah and Son). Werner could be swapped for either Robertson for a stronger defence and tinker with another mid for sub 4m, or a straight swap for an Ings, Rodriguez, Havertz, Mahrez etc as form shows.

Lastly Saliba, is a risk, seems that Fuchs from what I read should be back in the Leicester side from week 2 so might have to sacrifice a week or so there if needed.

Welcome all thoughts, tried to give myself options. Still not totally sold on leaving out the manc players for the sake of two games but gone with it for now.

Definitely_useless
Kevin and Perry

Thanks for the advice over the last week to those who commented.

Good luck to everyone, here we go again!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”