To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fanteam €1 Million Premier League 20/21 Strategy & General discussion

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: Fanteam €1 Million Premier League 20/21 Strategy & General discussion

Post by Stevieste »

Ive just entered my team and im set up 5-3-2.

There some bargain priced defenders ive noticed.

4.5 for Bellerin is decent if he does not lose his spot to Cedric

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Is there no app for Iphone for fanteam or is it all just done through desktop only ?

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Stevieste wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 19:27 Is there no app for Iphone for fanteam or is it all just done through desktop only ?
Not that I’m aware of

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

KdB, Bruno Fernandes and TAA will be the first 3 names on the team sheet for most people so it's getting close to an 8 player game. TAA is underpriced and will come in at 8.0 on FPL.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 17:03 I've already entered 10 teams.

Over to you Ricky 8-)
For me it’s a real toughie.....

Instinctively I want to enter as many teams as possible, however, and I am not afraid to admit it, in FF bankroll terms I’m busto.

Simply not experienced, lucky and good enough to get a result this year means any teams I enter are “self funded” from “real world” funds and maybe fortunately or unfortunately depending upon ones perspective my poker legacy maybe coming back to haunt me as to be successful long term at poker bankroll management is essential.

So that leaves me with a dilemma...whether to enter any teams or not.

Whilst i appreciate this years winner was a single entry the reality is single or dual entry’s will struggle against even small multis like 10-20 teams.

So if I enter I have to enter enough teams to be viable and a contender, however, I’m putting real world funds into a competition I only started playing last year.

I think I will defo play though....the lure of the game and the big money tempting me to maybe think delusionaly that I can win....

So then the question is how many do I need to stand a realistic chance and comer some bases without someone unbiased who may look at my bank statement not thinking that this guy has a gambling problem.....

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

RickyRosa wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 09:16
BLOCKHEAD wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 17:03 I've already entered 10 teams.

Over to you Ricky 8-)
For me it’s a real toughie.....

Instinctively I want to enter as many teams as possible, however, and I am not afraid to admit it, in FF bankroll terms I’m busto.

Simply not experienced, lucky and good enough to get a result this year means any teams I enter are “self funded” from “real world” funds and maybe fortunately or unfortunately depending upon ones perspective my poker legacy maybe coming back to haunt me as to be successful long term at poker bankroll management is essential.

So that leaves me with a dilemma...whether to enter any teams or not.

Whilst i appreciate this years winner was a single entry the reality is single or dual entry’s will struggle against even small multis like 10-20 teams.

So if I enter I have to enter enough teams to be viable and a contender, however, I’m putting real world funds into a competition I only started playing last year.

I think I will defo play though....the lure of the game and the big money tempting me to maybe think delusionaly that I can win....

So then the question is how many do I need to stand a realistic chance and comer some bases without someone unbiased who may look at my bank statement not thinking that this guy has a gambling problem.....

Lets enter 20 teams each then Ricky and will split it 50/50 😁

As this is my first season at it, but im hoping my constant 24/7 research effort i put in, will hopefully give me so advantage.

My bank statement does read as a gambling addict though, so read into that as you will 🤔 haha

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

It's a tricky one Ricky.

I have personally always found that 15 - 20 teams was my optimum in terms of being able to manage and compete against the multi's but that was in TFF where I had a good few years playing and understanding the game.

I'm terms of this game I've never played Fpl so I entered 1 team this year just to try to get to grips with the game, I think this year will be the same unless I win some free entry's in the lower stake game's purely because I don't feel that I've fully got to grips with things compared with tff or the sky game.

I would be more inclined to enter more If I'd of generated some cash from this season, but I suppose it depends on your own personal financial position or more in my case my Mrs's viewpoint!

As this year's winner showed it can be done with 1 team but I would think he's played Fpl for a number of seasons.

I suppose in short 15 - 20 should be enough if your a good enough player

Gary

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I played 1 team this season. With only WC as chips, getting a decent starting XI asap is critical. That first WC is key.

Would I play multiple teams? Tough to manage?

Hmmm. With a nice profit this season maybe.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

raoul wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 11:20 I played 1 team this season. With only WC as chips, getting a decent starting XI asap is critical. That first WC is key.

Would I play multiple teams? Tough to manage?

Hmmm. With a nice profit this season maybe.
How much you win this season Raoul ?

Did you captain the same player as you did in FPL each week or mix it up ?

Any tips for a first season player ?

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

As its my first season I'll just be doing the one team so I can concentrate on that as well as fpl and the sun this season if it has a game

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

See for me I think the optimum is between 8-12 teams to manage them all for the entirety of the season.

My previous success with FF was with the sun in 2016 where you could buy teams at like £2 a pop or something and I entered 20 and after a month or two had discarded 50% as dead teams and after several months was down to like 3-4 teams...

But that was SDT which was no where near as complicated.

Obviously the more teams I enter in theory the better chance I stand but for me I think the optimum may be as low as 4-8 teams as I do get time poor and also the initial financial outlay is less significant and still falls into hobby territory and ultimately I can justify as entertainment and that I am paying for a seasons worth of entertainment and if I have little expectation of a ROI on my investment then it truly is a hobby.

The issue I have is I’m a winner, think like one, act like one (don’t look like one though 😂) so there is a part of me that says let’s go big....like proper big. (Which I’m sure the top boys like Block and CBN will do (WP this year CBN btw))

See it as an investment and just play to win with circa 50-100 teams and after a month or two discard the poor teams (yes I know there are weekly/monthly teams so this is flawed from the outset but I just don’t think managing a 100 teams all season is possible given what I do for a living) and just manage the smaller more manageable number....

Just need to really think about this and in all honesty I may even elect should I not think I have a chance to enter zero teams.

Would defo think of coming into a syndicate with you Stevie as I know your a big FPL man but also know you are the king of the jinx so obv would be bad business my end!! 😂

Seriously though 20 might be to many for me Ste....I would 100% go into business with the established FISO members (which I know you are Ste).

Maybe a 8-10 team syndicate would be more achievable to more managers though?

Thanks for everyone’s contributions (great feedback Toffeeman) keep them coming.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Cheers for that Ricky, i was hoping joining Fanteam id escape the jinx tag 😳

Ive entered one team so far, but im happy to pay for 5-10 and split it with someone and its like you said if you can get 5 teams of the 10
Off to a flyer in first couple of months you can discard the others and put all your effort into the ones doing well.

Im not a greedy man and id get more satisfaction splitting the €200k with someone than take it on my own.

Im due a change of fortune this coming season, as last season was the pits, i came on Pukki after his run stopped, i dropped Vardy when his run started, i dropped Sterling after captaining his blanks most of the season for him to destroy me after the break.

Not to mention having to pay Tall Paul £40 for losing my Pukki to outscore Chris Wood bet half way through season 😳

Not selling myself well here am i ricky 🤣

Maybe i will see if Sutton wants to go 50/50 with me with our 1 team each, a fellow Man Utd supporter can be more trusted than a scouser i reckon 😉 haha ⬅️ ( for the jinx comment) 🤣

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

i've never played FPL or a seasonal fanteam.

I've entered 2 teams - should be enough to win.

or in my case come 2nd again....... before anyone makes that quip

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Stevieste wrote:Cheers for that Ricky, i was hoping joining Fanteam id escape the jinx tag Image

Ive entered one team so far, but im happy to pay for 5-10 and split it with someone and its like you said if you can get 5 teams of the 10
Off to a flyer in first couple of months you can discard the others and put all your effort into the ones doing well.

Im not a greedy man and id get more satisfaction splitting the €200k with someone than take it on my own.

Im due a change of fortune this coming season, as last season was the pits, i came on Pukki after his run stopped, i dropped Vardy when his run started, i dropped Sterling after captaining his blanks most of the season for him to destroy me after the break.

Not to mention having to pay Tall Paul £40 for losing my Pukki to outscore Chris Wood bet half way through season Image

Not selling myself well here am i ricky Image

Maybe i will see if Sutton wants to go 50/50 with me with our 1 team each, a fellow Man Utd supporter can be more trusted than a scouser i reckon Image haha Image ( for the jinx comment) Image
Haha I'm in mate might even push it to 2 teams lol

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Where can i use these as i cant seem to find anywhere ?
DE7B32DA-B0F0-454E-83DD-6D2C27D72DA7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Looks like they were for the end of June not july.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

quizking wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 16:21 Looks like they were for the end of June not july.
What a con that is then, i only joined in July

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Stevieste wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 16:23
quizking wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 16:21 Looks like they were for the end of June not july.
What a con that is then, i only joined in July
Free tickets appear as a yellow entry box in the Lobby.

Check with customer service.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Stevieste - hopefully you'll work out what they are for (go to cashier, tournament tickets). If for whatever reason they have expired then send their customer support an email asking for new tickets - they are very good I find.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

The Closer is genuinely hilarious. It's like the five stages of grief.

The five stages of Ricky

1. Shows an interest in entering something
2. Gives it the biggun
3. Starts to dither, citing -EV or some such
4. Justifies why not entering could be an option
5. Doesn't enter and goes missing for a year

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Cheers for the advice guys 👍🏻

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

CBN can you give me any advice for my first season at this game ?

I looks similar to FPL but without FH, BB and TC.

Also looks harder to get more than 2-3 big name players in your squad from the early tinkering ive done.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

I'm not sure how well placed I am to give you advice as I didn't compete in this comp last season. I play the daily stuff.

The key advice I would give you as a starting point is study the differences in scoring between FanTeam and FPL. They are small differences but they are material in their impact. This thread illustrates it perfectly: https://twitter.com/SmuelMartinFPL/stat ... 68642?s=20

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

llama wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 07:41 Be warned: they do not like you taking your winnings out.

Absolute dog of a withdrawal process.
Doesn't even smell like Bisto.

No eff int

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

CBN wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 17:12
BLOCKHEAD wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 16:46
CBN wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 09:44 I admire all of you trying to pick teams but it’s completely pointless given the way the opening sets of fixtures will be blown apart as the sides in Europe have their games postponed.
I don't see this happening - they will just have a smaller break compared to other teams. They can't afford to start postponing games as there aren't enough free dates later on in the season.
It's likely to be mandated:

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Wolves are expected to be given extra time off by the Premier League and start next season late, should they go into the latter stages of their respective European competitions.
The Premier League is likely to ring-fence a guaranteed 30 days off for players to recover, from the day after their final European game of this season.
The matter will be discussed, and could be ratified, at the next Premier League AGM, which is scheduled for August 6.
If the proposals go through as planned, should Manchester City or Chelsea make the Champions League final on Sunday August 23, their first Premier League game would not be until Tuesday September 22 - 10 days after the official start of the new season.
Chelsea :lol: :lol:

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Stevieste wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 19:19 Ive just entered my team and im set up 5-3-2.

There some bargain priced defenders ive noticed.

4.5 for Bellerin is decent if he does not lose his spot to Cedric
First season for me too. Also noticed Rudiger at 4.5m which seems decent.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Stevieste wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 17:39
ffstuff wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 15:50
Stevieste wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 14:26 Is it possible to see the stats on this seasons winner and look at his starting team and changes he made as season went on and captain picks etc ?
You can see that on my site by looking at top 100 and then clicking on the team name

Cheers 👍🏻
I just noticed the 2019/20 top 100 was ballsed up on my site - i'd been doing some stat gathering and accidentally messed up the top 100 table, so its back to as it should be now

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Stevieste wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 17:58 CBN can you give me any advice for my first season at this game ?

I looks similar to FPL but without FH, BB and TC.

Also looks harder to get more than 2-3 big name players in your squad from the early tinkering ive done.
Seek out the thread for the recently finished season as there is some discussion there as well especially at end

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Has anyone who played this season got a simple list of rule changes for 20/21?

Have not had a chance to go through it myself yet

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

raoul wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 08:53 Has anyone who played this season got a simple list of rule changes for 20/21?

Have not had a chance to go through it myself yet
Looks like game week cut off has changed to an hour before , rather than first match start time
Thats the only change i have noticed from last year

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”