To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Goals from Corners and headers from FK's

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Goals from Corners and headers from FK's

Post by blahblah »

I know that Narwich have been bad at this, but Google isn't helping me find the other bad Club that is bad in the air defending Corners and FK's.

I found a Set-Piece List, but that will include (or only be) goals by the SP taker.

Does anyone know where I can find the List? Or just tell me the worst 3 or 4?

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: Goals from Corners and headers from FK's

Post by Stevieste »

blahblah wrote: ↑26 Jul 2020, 14:12 I know that Narwich have been bad at this, but Google isn't helping me find the other bad Club that is bad in the air defending Corners and FK's.

I found a Set-Piece List, but that will include (or only be) goals by the SP taker.

Newcastle will concede a few today to big VVD πŸ˜‰

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I was after something a bit more mathematical :lol: :lol: :lol:

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Actually curious to Chelsea's record on this front. Entertaining Saiss and Donck to shine today.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

That is where I am coming from. I think they are close to Norwich in inability to defend Headers from Corners and FK's :wink:

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cymbalrush84 »

blahblah wrote:That is where I am coming from. I think they are close to Norwich in inability to defend Headers from Corners and FK's :wink:
https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/T ... -2019-2020

This help much? Or you looking for something more in depth?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

cymbalrush84 wrote: ↑26 Jul 2020, 14:38
blahblah wrote:That is where I am coming from. I think they are close to Norwich in inability to defend Headers from Corners and FK's :wink:

That is all I could find, and I guess that direct shots are included in the Goals Against for SP's :cry:

Are you sure it is Saiss over Boly for Headers?

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cymbalrush84 »

blahblah wrote:
cymbalrush84 wrote: ↑26 Jul 2020, 14:38

That is all I could find, and I guess that direct shots are included in the Goals Against for SP's :cry:

Are you sure it is Saiss over Boly for Headers?
It's all I can afford.

And that will bite me on the backside as Boly ain't yet to score in the PL.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

blahblah wrote: ↑26 Jul 2020, 14:12 I know that Narwich have been bad at this, but Google isn't helping me find the other bad Club that is bad in the air defending Corners and FK's.

How did you know that there was another bad club that is bad at defending set pieces this season?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Football Hero wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 15:45

How did you know that there was another bad club that is bad at defending set pieces this season?
I heard it in Commentary of a Norwich match that the worst 2 were playing... which is why I think it was Chelsea.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

blahblah wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 15:48

I heard it in Commentary of a Norwich match that the worst 2 were playing... which is why I think it was Chelsea.
I think they've been pretty bad defensively this season from set pieces, yes.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Football Hero wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 15:55

As I was FHing in 38+ I was thinking of a CB who scored headers from corners....

I'm not sure whether it is worth tracking season-long, but it would be handy if it were available from some online stat place?

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

blahblah wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:07
Football Hero wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 15:55

As I was FHing in 38+ I was thinking of a CB who scored headers from corners....

I'm not sure whether it is worth tracking season-long, but it would be handy if it were available from some online stat place?
It would be slightly handy, but just looking at a defender's overall goal threat in it's entirety should be more than enough.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yeah that is why I settled on VvD and Robbo yesterday.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

blahblah wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:12 Yeah that is why I settled on VvD and Robbo yesterday.
It worked out well enough. :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Football Hero wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:23
blahblah wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:12 Yeah that is why I settled on VvD and Robbo yesterday.
Apart from Tarkowski 😀😀😀

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

blahblah wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:27
Apart from Tarkowski 😀😀😀
You spent far too much on a Burnley defender there, Pieters was the best choice for sure.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Football Hero wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:39
Apart from Tarkowski 😀😀😀
You spent far too much on a Burnley defender there, Pieters was the best choice for sure.
Money wasn't an issue for just 38+

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

blahblah wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:41
Apart from Tarkowski 😀😀😀
Money is always an issue. :wink:

I guess you are implying that you picked Tarkowski 'last' or something? However I am not a fan of looking at it that way, all of your FH picks are picked at the same time, even if you do them at different times during the week.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Football Hero wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:46
Apart from Tarkowski 😀😀😀

I guess you are implying that you picked Tarkowski 'last' or something? However I am not a fan of looking at it that way, all of your FH picks are picked at the same time, even if you do them at different times during the week.
I was more than happy with the XI and few (not required) subs.

The only "risk" I took was thinking Bruno was too knackered so went Pogba, and the KdB vs Sterling as Capt was a coin toss for me.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

blahblah wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:48
Football Hero wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:46
Apart from Tarkowski 😀😀😀

I was more than happy with the XI and few (not required) subs.

The only "risk" I took was thinking Bruno was too knackered so went Pogba, and the KdB vs Sterling as Capt was a coin toss for me.
I don't agree that the KDB vs Sterling captaincy was a coin toss at all, or that Pogba was better than Bruno, (who had 4 days rest going into the game).

Bruno + Pieters was way better than Pogba + Tarkowski, so there we go. :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Maybe, maybe not without hindsight and Pogba played well from what I watched (better than Bruno).

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

blahblah wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:55 Maybe, maybe not without hindsight and Pogba played well from what I watched (better than Bruno).
No, I am talking about going into the gameweek, not looking at actual results of GW38 but just dealing with pre-GW38 information and thought processes. Man U needed to win this match, of course Bruno plays. He looked tired because he tried to butt heads with someone and scored 1 point in GW37? Bruno is far better than Pogba in terms of attack, (with pens), compared to Tarkowski being slightly better than Pieters. I think you cost yourself some points there.

And Sterling has a higher EV than KDB for sure, so it was easy to choose Sterling as the correct captain.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Football Hero wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:58
blahblah wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:55 Maybe, maybe not without hindsight and Pogba played well from what I watched (better than Bruno).
No, I am talking about going into the gameweek, not looking at actual results of GW38 but just dealing with pre-GW38 information and thought processes. Man U needed to win this match, of course Bruno plays. He looked tired because he tried to butt heads with someone and scored 1 point in GW37? Bruno is far better than Pogba in terms of attack, (with pens), compared to Tarkowski being slightly better than Pieters. I think you cost yourself some points there.

And Sterling has a higher EV than KDB for sure, so it was easy to choose Sterling as the correct captain.
As above I saw Pog vs Bruno as an intersting call and differential.... Hey ho, the FH went OK, except for a few calls ie thos 2 and Pope and Tark, but that's hindsight for the world.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

blahblah wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 17:01
Football Hero wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 16:58

As above I saw Pog vs Bruno as an intersting call and differential.... Hey ho, the FH went OK, except for a few calls ie thos 2 and Pope and Tark, but that's hindsight for the world.
That's my point though, this was not hindsight, you made a pre-gameweek blunder in my view, and that is why this is worthy of discussion. I am trying to help you dude as you seem alright in general. :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Oh, thank lol

I knew Pog was a risk and the safe call was Bruno....

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

blahblah wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 17:06 Oh, thank lol

And you were right to captain Sterling for sure, so you did good there.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Football Hero wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 17:12

I think moving it from KdB was my last move, so that is more annoying than Pogba, tbh.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

blahblah wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 17:14
Football Hero wrote: ↑27 Jul 2020, 17:12

I think moving it from KdB was my last move, so that is more annoying than Pogba, tbh.
Why is it annoying though? You are getting sucked into results-oriented thinking which is not helpful to your fantasy success. You would not be annoyed if Sterling had outscored KDB, but why wouldn't you?

At a cursory glance I didn't have an amazing season, I finished around 20k, but according to certain models that help measure EV, I was likely in the top 100 out of 7.6 million players, so in that respect, this season was 'job done' and I move on feeling great about myself and my fantasy performance.

I see all these managers that actually finished in the top 10 of FPL being congratulated for a great season by many people, and yes a lot of these people have indeed done well but I actually outscored these guys in EV so I essentially outplayed them this season even though it doesn't appear to be so. Now because I truly understand this and make my own determination of myself and my abilities, I am genuinely feeling fantastic inside at my season and the choices that I made, and I look forward to the gameweeks ahead with optimism that I am on the right path with things.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

EV?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”