FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Scout (Operator of FanTeam) raises £6.5m from Investors

Post by admin »

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: Scout (Operator of FanTeam) raises £6.5m from Investors

Post by CBN »

Good to see that level of investor confidence.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Excellent news - now let's see a 1 million prize fund in the FPL game next season in addition to seasonal competitions for bundesliga and la liga.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

A €1m prize would be epic 👊

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

CBN wrote: 18 Jul 2020, 21:15 A €1m prize would be epic 👊
Careful what you wish for! Those of us of a certain age will remember a supposed £1m game (near when FISO started I believe, at around the turn of the century) that didn't come to anything. And a few years before that, when I was trying to set up a fantasy football game in association with media partners, as soon as any sort of decent prize money was mentioned, we were attracting interest from, shall we say "shady" characters who were looking to benefit. More recently when the sun dream team game had big prize money, there was attempted manipulation of the game by mass automated entries. I'm sure that scout are aware of the potential problems as well as possible gains.
From reading between the lines, I would guess that the season long game for next season will have an increased prize fund (up from €250000 at present) of €400k or even €500k, with a headline €100k top prize. But this will be almost totally funded by entry fees (as this season's game has been, fanteam won't want to see much of an overlay chance if they have their figures right, and they will doubtless increase marketing to make sure they are sorted). Charging for withdrawals won't have helped their long term aims though.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

It’s already released and looks redic!!

€200k up top and €1m guarantee.

Think we will defo see an increase in multi and syndicates.

Still....bankroll allowing I will be playing....just not in a position to play a ton of teams though.

See more at FanTeam

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

The Closer only needs one team, surely?

Good luck Ricky 👍

I need a summer break but will be in this for sure.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Good news but some bad too - fantastic that the prizes are much higher than i predicted and the entry fee is the same, also that we already have some prices for players to analyse (so long as they don't change them arbitrarily before start of play as some other companies have been known to do). Not so good though - the site didn't work properly again today, it was impossible to make transfers for much of the hour before 4pm. I am totally aware of course of all warnings about site traffic and they won't be held responsible etc etc etc etc. But IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH - every effing year one or other company isn't well enough prepared for peak times. No excuses acceptable from them, site hassles makes for an unpleasant hour trying to access teams, and this will reflect on my own entry level next term - there's no point in having mulitple teams if the site is so slow/has glitches that you don't have time to make changes to more than a couple of teams without getting chucked out. Absolutely not a problem re 'net access from my end, and they had updating issues last week too even though there wasn't the mad rush that happened today. I do hope that fanteam take note and rectify all tech issues pronto.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 18 Jul 2020, 20:28 Excellent news - now let's see a 1 million prize fund in the FPL game next season in addition to seasonal competitions for bundesliga and la liga.
Ask and you shall receive 8-)

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

quizking wrote: 18 Jul 2020, 22:01
CBN wrote: 18 Jul 2020, 21:15 A €1m prize would be epic 👊
Careful what you wish for! Those of us of a certain age will remember a supposed £1m game (near when FISO started I believe, at around the turn of the century) that didn't come to anything.
Whilst the infamous Premierwin.com game was cancelled part way during the season the prizes were paid out to the leaders at that stage.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

CBN wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 21:48 The Closer only needs one team, surely?

Good luck Ricky 👍

I need a summer break but will be in this for sure.
Ha!!!

You are right of course CBN one team should be enough for me with my mad skillz but I’m not taking any chances...probably going to enter two just to be on the safe side....should be in the bag then! :D

Wishing anyone who plays the best of British and think its good that they have uploaded the game already, means I can spend the summer tinkering!

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I am in and entrant number 73 :)

I need to check rules re pre season price changes though ... if the likes of Henderson moves to another club he could rocket up.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Please do share with us Raoul when you find out.

(WP this year btw, impressive stuff).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”