To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

champs league & europa

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Re: champs league & europa

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

oldbigead wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 22:54 If i were you i'd be on to the Sun and the gambling commission first thing tomorrow.

Have to think you'd have a case or at least get them to rethink it before it's too late.

Are you Dave Gordon? If so looks like you would have a hell of a god chance if they included all the games as stated. Seems like you're team is very well set.

If you do contact the gambling commission i'm sure there would be a good few on here who would back you up.

Its very unfair having played so well all season to be 7th with a chance to win to be torpedoed by such an arbitrary decision.

At that point whats to stop them just announcing that the season finishes tomorrow. It's ridiculous.
No, the other guy in 7th 😉👍

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

Seen a few comments on Twitter today saying that last night all remaining transfers were removed & then reinstated this morning.

Maybe maintenance,maybe something else.🤔

Followed by changes to the game today.🤔

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

All 10 of my teams have transfers left and fwiw still show correctly.

I shall be using them tom nite

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

oldbigead wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 21:06 T
Have to think that this really would be a problem with the gambling commission as they are not following their rules at all when nothing has materially changed.
i'm surprised at you richard.

UK regulatory bodies are uniformly useless and not fit for purpose. unless you are providing licensing money the UK Gambling Commission will have ZERO interest in you.

Last time i made a valid complaint to IBAS they didn't even bother replying.

sadly in the land where dick n dom make up the rules for others as the go along i fear you are eff'd over this ;)

sorry about that folks but the providers do what the hell they like as and when however daft it is, that is the way it all works!

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Yeah you're a million percent right Andy.

But i think if i was Tom i'd still try.

It's possible they've really not thought it through and would still be easy to rectify at this point.

Like Dot said its not like the Premier League is going to be starting next season anytime soon anyway.

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

Dot wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 23:29 All 10 of my teams have transfers left and fwiw still show correctly.

I shall be using them tom nite
Yeah mine too,was just stating they were removed overnight & today back to normal.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

it's highly likely they haven't thought it through LOGICALLY, it would appear we are talking the direnamic duo who i have tried to call to account in the past with little help.

a number of fiso members went as far as commencing legal action with good cause using a feller that seemed a bit dodgy to me and got nowhere.

in my experience once they have made a firm decision that is end of however crass and unfair it may be

if i were tom i wouldn't bother, that horse has bolted and they have no interest in their reputation.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

"Force majeure" will doubtless get them off the hook, as it would have done for FPL and Fanteam making changes to rules mid-season as well, as mentioned in posts elsewhere oh FISO.

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

Rules reminder

10.1 CUSTOMER SERVICES AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION

If you have a complaint about the Game please contact us using the Contact Us form on our Website or App; Tweet us at @DTcustsupport; or write to us at News Group Newspapers Limited, Customer Liaison Dream Team, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF providing details of your complaint and your contact information.

In each case providing the details of your complaint and your contact information. We will always do our very best to help resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.

If our customer services team cannot resolve your complaint within 28 days then your complaint will be escalated for review by the General Manager of Dream Team who will provide their decision within 28 days. - Season almost over by the time they have to respond.

10.2 Regulatory Information

As this Season is Free-to-Play the Promoter no longer is required to be licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission of Great Britain. - They don't have to answer to the Gambling Commission.

11.1 GENERAL

Any activity of any kind which is deemed by the Promoter, in our sole opinion, not to be in the spirit of the Game or which gives any unfair advantage could result in all, or some, entries being declared void by the Promoter. In theory, they could void all entries!

In respect of the operation of the Game and interpretation of these Game Rules, our decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into unless you instigate the complaints procedure set out above in Section 13.1. There isn't a Section 13.1. As above, it is Section 10.1

11.2 CHANGES TO THE GAME RULES AND NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES

We reserve the right to amend and/or waive all or part of these Game Rules at any time and you agree that no liability shall attach to us as a result of those changes. They can do anything they want, whenever they want and no one can do anything about it, even if they wanted to.

When the Promoter makes changes to these Game Rules it will post a notice on the Website and/or App. If you do not agree to those changes, please do not continue to use the Website and/or App. Your continued use of the Website and/or App constitutes ongoing acceptance of these Game Rules and the documents referred to in these Game Rules as they are updated from time to time. If you don't like it, don't play the game.

I'm finished with the main game this season. I had little to play for anyway and this has moved my interest level to zero. Good luck to everyone else still in the running.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Just waking up and reading the comments from last night, it’s not something I’ll pursue no, I’ll just play the game till the end (whenever that is 😉) and what will be will be,

Good luck all

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Ex-Pro-Gaffer wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 06:46 Just waking up and reading the comments from last night, it’s not something I’ll pursue no, I’ll just play the game till the end (whenever that is 😉) and what will be will be,

Good luck all
Good luck Tom

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

agree with dot,

good luck tom.

even the pay to play stuff in my view you have very close to zero chance of sorting, as someone who invariably comes from off the pace it has been pretty disastrous across comps for me, you just have to suck it up these days, free comp or not.

season is obviously a bit cut and shut anyway, lets do the same as the epl get it over with and move on.

providers are pretty poor and incompetent these days, but to be fair we knew that when we entered!

some of the fanteam pay to play decisions are particularly beyond the pale but with useless regulators if you play any form of FF i think you just have to accept they can do any crazy stuff they want and have to hope that when it happens it doesn't affect you too adversely.

i might still complain at some of the craziest illogical decisions but i know the above is how it works and have a choice to play or not to play!

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

eff disgraceful decision

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

Totally unethical.
I had my teams set up for August, and only just read this.
I feel sorry for the people in the top 20 that will still be playing the game at the end of July thinking the game is going to continue into August.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Yeah but you have to remember there where people who didnt have the opportunity to set their teams up for August and take advantage of Europe. Some people may have wanted certain players in March but not want to have to keep them for the next 3 months for Europe. Works both ways.

I had a team with 3 wolves players in it for Europe for Feb/March. It was a short term plan as wolves had easy european fixtures. That was the pull for me. Then I was told that there would be no more Europe. So I had to waste transfers taking those players out because Europe wasnt happening to August and I didn't want 3 Wolves players playing 1 game a week like other teams.

In another comp on this website I brought in Ighalo as a differential in March as he was playing easy European games and some minute in league as Rashford was injured. 3 months on rashford is fit, ighalo getting no game time and i had to waste a transfer to take him out. That's life. The decisions will benefit some and not others but that's the nature of a game that cost 0 to enter. You leave it open for t&c to change at the drop of a hat.

Stigtag1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Stigtag1 »

There hasn't been a notification or a pop up from sun app that I have seen, has there been any?

I think most of my mini league still don't know

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Has anybody got a screenshot of the sdt email refering to this seasons comp finishing after the fa cup final as i have told people in my mini lge about this & they dont believe me😆🙈

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

Screenshot_20200710-150719.png
Screenshot_20200710-150704.png
lfc71 wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 14:14 Has anybody got a screenshot of the sdt email refering to this seasons comp finishing after the fa cup final as i have told people in my mini lge about this & they dont believe me😆🙈
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

Got screenshots wrong way round.🙈.this is from the T's and c's.i also got an email confirming this.hope this helps bud.👍

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Cheers matey,nice 1👍

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

In the match centre section, game week 47 which will be fa cup final week is showing both Man Utd and wolves 2nd legs for europa league ties, do we think these 2 games will count as in the same game week ?🤷🏻‍♂️

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

IMG_3483.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man

Post by lfc71 »

Shouldn't do,as sdt have already stated the fa cup final is the last game where pts count.......but then again,i don't think the sun understand their own rules at times so theres no hope for us!!🙈

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”