To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW33+ Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

GW33+ Wildcard

Post by dino1980 »

I’ve pressed the button...

First draft:
Martinez/3.9
TAA, Maguire, Saiss, Holgate, 3.9
Salah, KDB, Mahrez, Martial, Pulisic
Jesus, Rashford, Nketiah
0.3m ITB

I’m 0.1 short of turning Saiss into Aurier, but apart from that I’m happy enough with this team and structure. The downgrading of the keeper spot to Martinez is a necessary evil to afford the rest of the team.
Jimenez is the most notable omission, and I think his fixtures from 33 onwards are fine, but I’m willing to gamble against him for the rest of the season, especially as I can’t see him being captained. I haven’t really looked at Son as I prefer the five I’ve selected in midfield ahead of him. No Fernandes could be a rank killer but Martial is cheaper, just fingers crossed he can stay fit and Salah is obviously a rotation risk.

Captaincy would be: Salah, Man City, Salah or United, Man City, United, Man City.

So could always ditch Salah in 36 if rank dictates that’s a risk with enough reward.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: GW33+ Wildcard

Post by Stevieste »

Id swap Maguire for AWB if was me

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

I get AWB has better bonus baseline, attacking threat they’re about equal, because goals count double.

Tbh the big reason I have Maguire over AWB is he’s so unlikely to be rested. With the rest of my defence I need that spot to be ultra secure. I know AWB could play them all, but his rotation risk is higher.
Points potential wise I agree AWB is slightly better.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

dino1980 wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 20:07 I get AWB has better bonus baseline, attacking threat they’re about equal, because goals count double.

Tbh the big reason I have Maguire over AWB is he’s so unlikely to be rested. With the rest of my defence I need that spot to be ultra secure. I know AWB could play them all, but his rotation risk is higher.
Points potential wise I agree AWB is slightly better.
Could be rested against Brighton after 120 mins today possibly 🤷‍♂️

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

That would be great, I don’t need him for Gw32 against Brighton and would leave him fresh for B’Mouth in 33. 😉

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I'm probably on this myself and here's what I have at the minute. It's only six changes from my current squad and I have a BB left hence a deeper squad without filler.

Martinez, McCarthy
TAA, Alonso, Boly, Egan, C Taylor
Salah, KDB, Son, Martial, Saka
Rashford, Jimenez, Greenwood

Only thing that slightly bugs me is having three Utd attackers... But I think Rashford would be the one I take out and I don't see much else worth having at that price...

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

dino1980 wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 20:14 That would be great, I don’t need him for Gw32 against Brighton and would leave him fresh for B’Mouth in 33. 😉
Shame never went AWB

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

Just had a slight rejig in light of Fernandes scoring high and Rashford, who I wasn't entirely happy with anyway, looking a bit ropey:

Martinez, McCarthy
TAA, Azpilicueta, Boly, Egan, C Taylor
Salah, KDB, Fernandes, Martial, Saka
Kane, Jimenez, Greenwood

So it was: Alonso, Son and Rashford to Azpilicueta, Fernandes and Kane...

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

After tonight's result I've gone with the following:

Martinez, Pope
Doherty, TAA, Alonso, AWB, Saiss
KDB, Salah, Fernández, Pulisic, Mahrez
Jimenez, Greenwood, Nketiah

Will go 451 or 352 depending on gameweek

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

swadd1er wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 22:13 After tonight's result I've gone with the following:

Martinez, Pope

Who is this Fernández you speak of?

Nice team. :wink: you can even play five at the back.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

From4corners wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 22:23
swadd1er wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 22:13 After tonight's result I've gone with the following:

Martinez, Pope

Who is this Fernández you speak of?

Nice team. :wink: you can even play five at the back.
phone autocorrected thinking I meant Federico Fernández :lol: with bench boost still available, I might swap out Mahrez for Son and take out Alonso for someone else. Not sure if I fancy Pep's rotation on a BB.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

From4corners wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 22:23 Nice team. :wink: you can even play five at the back.
He might have to when Greenwood and Nketiah both find themselves benched. :wink:

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 22:27
From4corners wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 22:23 Nice team. :wink: you can even play five at the back.
He might have to when Greenwood and Nketiah both find themselves benched. :wink:
Could go 451 then :wink: ill have to monitor Greenwood and Nketiah prior to activating the BB

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

How does....

DDG - Mccarthy
TAA - Aurier - Doherty - Boly - Cresswell
Salah - Sterling - Fernándes - Son - Foden
Jiminez - Nketiah - Greenwood

... look?

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

Stevieste wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 21:50
dino1980 wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 20:14 That would be great, I don’t need him for Gw32 against Brighton and would leave him fresh for B’Mouth in 33. 😉
Shame never went AWB
I might. The wildcard is still active until the GW33 deadline.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Hotstepper wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 23:45 How does....

DDG - Mccarthy
TAA - Aurier - Doherty - Boly - Cresswell
Salah - Sterling - Fernándes - Son - Foden
Jiminez - Nketiah - Greenwood

... look?
I for one will leave it up to Pirlo his Beard as to the unnecessary accent in Fernándes yet missing the é in Jiminez. :wink: :mrgreen: I do quite like your Cresswell pick, you might have to play him when Foden, Nketiah and Greenwood won't play. I would downgrade McCarthy though.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

just did some fixture difficulties and the teams that have the next best fixtures are United, City, West Ham and Norwich you guys considering Norwich and West ham at all

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

fred1266 wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 16:20 just did some fixture difficulties and the teams that have the next best fixtures are United, City, West Ham and Norwich you guys considering Norwich and West ham at all
Norwich - no chance - they don't score any goals and they don't keep any clean sheets, I wouldn't even give their players a cursory glance.

West Ham are slightly more appealing but it would probably have to be a defender because their other players seem subject to rotation and aren't priced that competitively. That said, they haven't kept a clean sheet in the league since GW21... Cresswell is probably the best of the bunch at 4.5

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Martinez, Pope

Another few changes.

Alonso, Mahrez and Nketiah OUT
Lascelles, Son and Ayew IN

With bench boost still available, I need 11 players that are going to play and Mahrez/Nketiah are too risky. Have a feeling Alonso will be back on the bench after tonight.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

bigcliff2 wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 20:33
fred1266 wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 16:20 just did some fixture difficulties and the teams that have the next best fixtures are United, City, West Ham and Norwich you guys considering Norwich and West ham at all
Norwich - no chance - they don't score any goals and they don't keep any clean sheets, I wouldn't even give their players a cursory glance.

West Ham are slightly more appealing but it would probably have to be a defender because their other players seem subject to rotation and aren't priced that competitively. That said, they haven't kept a clean sheet in the league since GW21... Cresswell is probably the best of the bunch at 4.5
yea norwich look ok put yea the lack of goal is a concern, thanks for the creswell suggestion think u will take a punt on him

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

I'll be avoiding Greenwood - think it'll be tricky to pick the games he plays and he takes up a vital United spot. On the basis that the 4.4m striker position will mostly be benched, I'd prefer to go for Nketiah as I won't want any other Arsenal players. Reckon I'll have him plus two decent cheap defenders who I can rely on as subs.

Two main considerations for me are:
- Which United trio? Currently have Rashford, Bruno & Martial as feel they're greatly value and the United attackers will share returns over the next great fixtures. But there's an argument that it's a bit eggs-in-one-basket, and a 5.3m AWB/Maguire would be more useful.

- Liverpool or not? Will see what happens tonight, but Salah or Mane for Villa are very tempting.

EjectorSeat
Kevin and Perry

Post by EjectorSeat »

Currently on

Ederson, (Button)
Azpilicueta, Wan-Bissaka, Gomez, Doherty, (Boly)
Willian, Sterling, Mahrez, Pulisic, Fernandes
Rashford, (Jiménez), (Connolly)

Mainly aiming for 4-5-1 or 3-5-2. Don't need much bench depth with the 5 subs rule, but with reduced minutes and earlier rotations, the premiums are slightly more overpriced than usual.
So enough cash sloshing around even with a 102m TV that I can afford a strong outfield 13 with 2 good bench options every week, depending on whether Wolves or Chelsea have the worse fixture.
Dumped TAA - with Lovren potentially picking up more minutes the CS potential is probably significantly reduced. Klipp also has an incentive to rotate heavily now, so also staying away from Mane/Sala

Option: Rashford/Gomez could be Greenwood/VVD, and money in the bank to upgrade Sterling.

Wolves play Chelsea in GW38, still have my Free Hit in the bag for that one.

Keeping an eye on Ings/DCL for GW36+, and Yarmolenko any time, depending on how form goes.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

bigcliff2 wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 22:00 Just had a slight rejig in light of Fernandes scoring high and Rashford, who I wasn't entirely happy with anyway, looking a bit ropey:

Martinez, McCarthy
TAA, Azpilicueta, Boly, Egan, C Taylor
Salah, KDB, Fernandes, Martial, Saka
Kane, Jimenez, Greenwood

So it was: Alonso, Son and Rashford to Azpilicueta, Fernandes and Kane...
Another slight rejig with BB 34 in mind...

Azpilicueta and Egan out - Digne and Cresswell in

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I'm glad someone else is wildcarding this week because I'm strongly considering it and didn't want to be the only one here.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Nailer6245 wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 11:23Liverpool or not? Will see what happens tonight, but Salah or Mane for Villa are very tempting.
They must want the golden boot and Auba's haul yesterday put him back up there again for the award.

1.Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 19
1.Jamie Vardy 19
3.Danny Ings 18
4.Mohamed Salah 17
5.Sergio Agüero 16
6. Raúl Jiménez 15
6. Sadio Mané 15

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

math! wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 15:06 I'm glad someone else is wildcarding this week because I'm strongly considering it and didn't want to be the only one here.
one reason i decided to do it this week is the amount of time you have to actually source data etc cause after this week the games will be coming very fast

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

swadd1er wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 22:21 Another few changes.

Alonso, Mahrez and Nketiah OUT
Lascelles, Son and Ayew IN

With bench boost still available, I need 11 players that are going to play and Mahrez/Nketiah are too risky.
Yeah the bench boost is a pain in the buttocks. There's a few players I'd like to go for (and probably still will) but predicting when they'll all play is nigh on impossible. So I guess the hope is that most of them play in the GW you BBoost and the other comes off the bench. With the games coming thick and fast, if a player like Foden doesn't play one week, he's likely to play the next one. Only likely though, definitely not more than that with Pep.

I guess it's similar for people without a BBoost. Do you play someone like Foden/Greenie every week...

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

I expect them to come on if they dont start so it is not like they dont give you points. Id have both on a wildcard and then simply remember that it is okay to bench them (or higher priced players for that matter). It is hard to pick both as you most likely will have some very expensive mids and fwds in the other positions and are limited to certain formations.

Playing 2 mins with a fictionary WC led to an front eight of

Salah - KDB - Foden - Martial - Fernandez
Greenwood - Kane - Jimenez

lots of flexibility in there and you can only field 7.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Five midfield, six I really want: Salah, KDB, Mahrez, Foden, Bruno, Martial.

Made harder by the fact that the three city picks rule out Ederson - who I've had since the restart, has been brilliant, and I'm pretty confident will rack up CS over the final six games - and the lack of attractive strikers makes Rashford basically a cert for me, and an attacking triple up might be a bit much.

:?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I don't think an attacking triple up on United is too much. It'll pay back over 7 games imo. You have to admit, AWB (and his owners) has been a jammy bigger so far even though he's getting up that right flank...I'm definitely going for 3 Man U attackers and Greenwood is one of them. He's now first choice ahead of James imo and offers so much at that price, although like others, of course will get rotated.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”