To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Poker Tonight!

A forum for the FISO Poker Society.
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: Poker Tonight!

Post by forestfan »

Can’t remember the name, though have just been looking back through some of the old poker threads, it really was big business on here at one stage.

It’s easier to learn than you might think, but difficult/impossible to master, and the element of luck will always infuriate you however proficient you get! And full of great terminology. You can “flop the nuts” for example, that’s a genuine poker phrase...

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

It was all the phrasing that really put me off!

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

bspittles wrote: 15 May 2020, 08:51 It was all the phrasing that really put me off!
You certainly had a few successes, from looking through the old FISO game threads...

So many of the names on there have long since disappeared from FISO, so a revival of it looks unlikely!

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

There is still a little group flying the Fiso poker flag. The guys that made up a lot of the old meetups are still in contact and still representing the name in the APAT Team events each year, captained by Tall Paul.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Do you still play any online poker?

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

There is no private game going, but a few of the guys are still joining big field MTT tournaments on Pokerstars and keeping a social Facebook chat open for added entertainment but that is born of the live poker experiences really. This current lockdown has certainly seen a revival of online poker enthusiasm.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Karrde wrote: 25 May 2020, 11:25 There is no private game going, but a few of the guys are still joining big field MTT tournaments on Pokerstars and keeping a social Facebook chat open for added entertainment but that is born of the live poker experiences really. This current lockdown has certainly seen a revival of online poker enthusiasm.
I've been playing a fair bit over the last few months - MTTs mostly - and my bankroll has increased by about $20 :P

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

We have a Team FISO group chat on Facebook. Me and Spirey have been playing most nights during the lockdown and a Stars homegame group has been set up but no games running yet due to lack of numbers. Happy to give anyone who wants them the details.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Poker Society”