To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL restart (DGW30+ (39) Confirmed)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

FPL restart (DGW30+ (39) Confirmed)

Post by raoul »

I cannot control what will happen, but I can prepare for eventualities. So ... if FPL restarts, some questions:

- does anyone know an up to date site where player injuries are monitored? Physioroom seems to be largely sleeping. I am thinking Rashford, Kane, and all sorts could well make it back

- does anyone know of players with underlying conditions who will not be likely to play?

- any thoughts on teams/players whose form might most be affected by the lack of home fan support (or away fan sledging)?

- with the likelihood (?) of 2 games per week, any tactics thoughts (e.g. bench boost could be used pretty much any week, free hit may have limited use, triple captain choice more important)

I suspect some will disagree, but I see the remainder of this FPL season as an interesting and different challenge and am looking forward to the new variables.

Mini-season of epic proportions.

Or has everyone given up and gone home?

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Re: assuming FPL restarts...

Post by hancockjr »

Largely valid questions when the season resumption is about 2 weeks away. Until then find another hobby!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

More than ever it will be about motivated teams. Relegation battlers should do even better than ever because the rest of the teams will be on the deckchairs to an even greater extent. Maybe European qualification battlers - hold Liverpool too in case they go for a record point score but ditch when/if they start to fade. Could be a huge lottery aside from that with really random scores.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

hancockjr wrote: 17 May 2020, 12:34 Largely valid questions when the season resumption is about 2 weeks away. Until then find another hobby!
point taken of course, but I can transfer 4 or 5 for free before then and I am not convinced my current lot (partly set up for the original GW31) are right at all. I am thinking Liverpool, with no fans to entertain live and the title in the bag, will rotate like crazy and avoid risking big names too much. Especially with next season to think about. If clubs are playing largely to satisfy tv contracts, those with little if anything to play for will surely have increased freedom to play the kids.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

raoul wrote: 17 May 2020, 13:50Liverpool, with no fans to entertain live and the title in the bag, will rotate like crazy and avoid risking big names too much.
Or
murf wrote: 17 May 2020, 13:18hold Liverpool too in case they go for a record point score ....
Who knows?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

If the season resumes with all the time passed there will probably be a clamour to allow a wildcard, especially so if the PL introduces significant rule changes.

I assume that free transfers are functioning as normal at the moment? So the difference between someone who used their frees and someone who sat tight could be considerable.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

It seems to have reset itself.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

raoul wrote: 17 May 2020, 13:50
hancockjr wrote: 17 May 2020, 12:34 Largely valid questions when the season resumption is about 2 weeks away. Until then find another hobby!
point taken of course, but I can transfer 4 or 5 for free before then and I am not convinced my current lot (partly set up for the original GW31) are right at all. I am thinking Liverpool, with no fans to entertain live and the title in the bag, will rotate like crazy and avoid risking big names too much. Especially with next season to think about. If clubs are playing largely to satisfy tv contracts, those with little if anything to play for will surely have increased freedom to play the kids.
How can you transfer 4 or 5 for free?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

hancockjr wrote: 17 May 2020, 19:14 How can you transfer 4 or 5 for free?
Sorcery. :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 17 May 2020, 20:44
hancockjr wrote: 17 May 2020, 19:14 How can you transfer 4 or 5 for free?
Sorcery. :wink:
blah nose

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Is that another COVID symptom?

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Mav3rick wrote: 17 May 2020, 16:20 If the season resumes with all the time passed there will probably be a clamour to allow a wildcard, especially so if the PL introduces significant rule changes.

I assume that free transfers are functioning as normal at the moment? So the difference between someone who used their frees and someone who sat tight could be considerable.
Well, transfer-wise, the way that the site appears to be presenting itself to me at the moment is that I seem to be able to pick and choose who I want, within my budget, and there is no obvious accounting (that I can see) going on in terms of deducting points for making more than the 2 free transfers I had at the previous deadline. So that's like a wild-card, yeah? If it looks like this for everyone I assume lots of people will go ahead and make lots of transfers, and then the real clamour will be if FPL says they have to pay for them!

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Mr Clarinet wrote: 17 May 2020, 21:56
Mav3rick wrote: 17 May 2020, 16:20 If the season resumes with all the time passed there will probably be a clamour to allow a wildcard, especially so if the PL introduces significant rule changes.

Well, transfer-wise, the way that the site appears to be presenting itself to me at the moment is that I seem to be able to pick and choose who I want, within my budget, and there is no obvious accounting (that I can see) going on in terms of deducting points for making more than the 2 free transfers I had at the previous deadline. So that's like a wild-card, yeah? If it looks like this for everyone I assume lots of people will go ahead and make lots of transfers, and then the real clamour will be if FPL says they have to pay for them!
Yep. That.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Just tried to make a transfer. Can't be done. It says game finished.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

If the season restarts then with the proviso that there will be lots of games in a short period of time i’d be looking at...
Centre backs over fullbacks (apart from TAA) especially team leaders like Maguire, Mee etc who should be less prone to rotation.
Dropping players with a history of injuries or those who’ve been rotated during hectic fixture schedules. E.g. I transferred out Ings to Wood a couple of weeks ago.
Looking at players who have 10 games left - that’s four teams I think, including Sheffield Utd.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

TAA might get a rest here and there if and when the league is done. Getting Williams some game time in the PL would be useful.

I wonder if the new rules around training, i.e. social distancing and training alone or in small groups, will affect the more defensive minded, drilled teams, like palace?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

raoul wrote: 17 May 2020, 22:49 Just tried to make a transfer. Can't be done. It says game finished.
I assume this is because we have had all 38 GW's now.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

June 17th restart.

The 2 catch up fixtures, then a full weekend from Friday night.

Time to start considering tactics :shock: :?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

all a deliberate attempt to stop us discussing Dominic Cummings of course.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

raoul wrote: 28 May 2020, 15:35 all a deliberate attempt to stop us discussing Dominic Cummings of course.
There'll be cummings of a different sort at the thought of Premier League football back on our screens.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 28 May 2020, 17:03
raoul wrote: 28 May 2020, 15:35 all a deliberate attempt to stop us discussing Dominic Cummings of course.
There'll be cummings of a different sort at the thought of Premier League football back on our screens.
...just don't mention Kyle Walker

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Do we think 100% FPL will restart?

I think likely yes but not 100% certain yet?

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

CONFIRMED - FPL will be resuming!

redcanuck
FISOhead
FS Record: Sky sports Fantasy league Winner 2008-09

Post by redcanuck »

Vsz wrote: 29 May 2020, 07:23 CONFIRMED - FPL will be resuming!
How is it restarting. I cant make any transfers to my team. It keeps saying the fame us finished come back next year. Or are we picking a brand new team?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1665 ... 34561118=1

FPL will restart with a DGW (GW39) and, as previously announced, all unused chips will be retained.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 28 May 2020, 17:03
No comment :? :? :? :?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ste has just messaged that transfers have been lost, and I think mine have from when the season was postponed etc.

Does anyone still have their ones post Mar 20th?

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

blahblah wrote: 30 May 2020, 17:26 Ste has just messaged that transfers have been lost, and I think mine have from when the season was postponed etc.

Does anyone still have their ones post Mar 20th?
You could always ask ffstuff nicely.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Transefrs I made post March 20th are still reflected in my team. KDB out was one of them :oops:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

?

All my transfers are there too and I very much doubt they'll roll them back tbh.

I suspect they'll be no global free wildcard either, based on the fact they didn't mention such a thing but did explicitely mention the wildcard chip being retained.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”