To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Champions League Knockout Freeze 100k GTD

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Re: Champions League Knockout Freeze 100k GTD

Post by admin »

I've asked Fanteam to allocate a free ticket to Henri Kinaski and Gabinho. They will check you've already entered a team.

3 more free tickets left.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i stand by what i have said in a small FF facebook group, this is a hard comp to frame a game for from this stage.

fanteam reps argument that teams will be too similar (with transfers) is a very good one i had already supported. i don't think some criticising have thought this through fully.

it would have been better if the draw was fixed (no not in a uefa way lol) but it isn't.

i am not overly bothered vs large multis but think a gesture to limit entries to say 25 would have gone some way to curbing folks worries about whale sized entries

fwiw i agree with fanteam reps, on balance transfers would make it a worse comp!

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

I too have entered a team Admin.

Please can I get a fee ticket!

Thanks as always

Rickyrosa is my fan team name.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I've entered a team as myself and Ricky have great memories of the Euro comp over on SDT.

Username is Steve19881.

You picking Lewandowski this time Ricky? 😉

The Fat Skier
Treebeard

Post by The Fat Skier »

I have entered a team. Would appreciate a free ticket if one left. Username: thefatskier

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Ha!! You know I go left field so knowing me probably not!!

I had to enter one team for old times sake though didn’t i!

May put him in my free team though!!

Anyway, normally would never say good luck but I mean it mate, be great to see one of us going on a tear up like in 2016.

Depending on how many teams you enter maybe we could swap a couple of percent each other?

Got to do sobering to beat the multis!!

(BTW fanteam and admin, thank you for the free ticket)
Last edited by RickyRosa on 11 Feb 2020, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

12345678 wrote: ↑10 Feb 2020, 22:40 i stand by what i have said in a small FF facebook group, this is a hard comp to frame a game for from this stage.

fanteam reps argument that teams will be too similar (with transfers) is a very good one i had already supported. i don't think some criticising have thought this through fully.

it would have been better if the draw was fixed (no not in a uefa way lol) but it isn't.

i am not overly bothered vs large multis but think a gesture to limit entries to say 25 would have gone some way to curbing folks worries about whale sized entries

fwiw i agree with fanteam reps, on balance transfers would make it a worse comp!
Couldn't agree more, some of these multis EV will be so low if they cover every possible outcome and the left field picks don’t come off.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

I don’t agree , it’s a lot of money for anyone to outlay per team when bad luck through injuries or a bad draw can scupper your chances.
There had to be a better solution even a limited number of transfers would of been ok
The argument that all teams will end up the same is nonsensical as no one has asked for a huge amount of transfers just a limited number available perhaps upto the quarters

12345678 wrote: ↑10 Feb 2020, 22:40 i stand by what i have said in a small FF facebook group, this is a hard comp to frame a game for from this stage.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Draw is seeded/bracketed after quarter final draw isn’t it?

If so, the answer was bloody obvious - x transfers to use after the last 16 games and then you’re stuck with what you have.

henrikinaski
Kevin and Perry

Post by henrikinaski »

CBN wrote: ↑11 Feb 2020, 18:57 Draw is seeded/bracketed after quarter final draw isn’t it?

If so, the answer was bloody obvious - x transfers to use after the last 16 games and then you’re stuck with what you have.

Exatcly

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

But that (at least I think) is 12345678s’ point.

If transfers were allowed then single entrants really would have such a low chance of winning there literally wouldn’t be any point.

Say you could make say 3 x transfers after the last 16 the multis would just cover all the bases and transfer out their failed left field picks leaving them with some teams that are obvious teams but then some teams that are so far out there like say a Leipzig and a Valencia team who both make it through to the quarters, get drawn against each other guaranteeing them a spot in the semi finals and allowing the other bases they have covered to contain messi, Aguero, Lewandowski etc etc as they could afford them because they started with a team with Valencia and Leipzig players in from the off which the average punter would never do thus meaning they would be unlikely to have the top top players in the semis or finals because they couldn’t afford them from the off.

I think a limit of the number of teams would have been better.

Maybe 10 imop.

Academic now though and I can see why lots won’t play... chances are if your chucking £25-50 quid at it you are not winning shit but....it will be fun so the truck imop is only to bet what you can afford and go a bit left field...you never know...,afterall worked for me (and block) in 2016

henrikinaski
Kevin and Perry

Post by henrikinaski »

Well damn thats good point but game would be better with few transfers before 1/4
Last edited by henrikinaski on 12 Feb 2020, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

I don’t get any of the above, for 25 euro a team I want some control over it otherwise I may aswell just go and buy some lottery tickets

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

The remaining three tickets for the CL Freeze should have been allocated just now to:
Rickyrosa
Steve19881
thefatskier

The Fat Skier
Treebeard

Post by The Fat Skier »

Cheers Chris!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Many thanks.

Yarmolarmolenko
Wideboy

Post by Yarmolarmolenko »

With or without transfers, multi's will always have a big edge over single entrants, complaining about no transfers as a single entrant is illogical.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

It’s not illogical. Of course multis have an edge over single entrants. The argument is that all entrants cannot legislate for balls being picked out of a bag for the quarterfinal draw. That’s pure chance.

Whereas the luck/variance of who might score goals, make assists, etc at least has an element of skill about it (research, assessing how well teams are playing, etc.).

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i think the question to ask yourself is whether the game would be better with transfers than without.

it seems easier for a large entry to cover combos with transfers than without to me unless i am missing something.

do agree would be better if it was seeded last 16 but it is not!

simple question is whether it is better with or without transfers and more likely to aid large multis if that worries you, which i believe it certainly would!

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Only about 2,800 teams entered so far of the max 7,500 entries with 100,000 euros prize fund guaranteed. 1 hour 20 minutes left to entry deadline.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

3,809 teams entered so only half full. Good luck all fiso entrants.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

thats true chris, but you are an accountant what does 4000xÂŁ25= ;)

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Is anyone else unable to make subs or change captain ahead of the next GW?

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Maybe you cant!

I'm not playing however so cant try

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

The rules dont say anything about actually being able to change captain or even substitutes for that matter, if that's the case it's pretty poor they didn't make that clear but I guess their argument will be in the word 'freeze'!

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

Aye, I'm the same Blockhead. Brutal rules if that's the case and far from clear. If o knew that was the case I would have started my Leipzig players in the 1st leg instead of Real Madrid's who were always just a punt.

Kaikkipunaselle
Kevin and Perry

Post by Kaikkipunaselle »

Wasn't the whole point of the game that you can't make any adjustments to your team once the competition starts? Isn't that what 'freeze' stands for.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Copied just now from the support section for the CL Freeze rules:

... we made it Freeze format! This means you will not be able to change anything about your team, once the deadline has passed. No, transfers, no captain changes, no subs order changes. Just relax, lean back and root for your players to do the job!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Haaland as captain suddenly becomes a big differential 8-)

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Wonder what’s going to happen with this game?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”