To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Bad things from 91-Divoc

Discussions about the coronavirus - COVID19
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Bad things from 91-Divoc

Post by blahblah »

Obviously this isn't death and real world related ie no sports :cry:

Hairdressers are shut so it won't be long before I see scarecrows everywhere, but then there is the good side of stupid eyebrow things etc disappearing, with luck?

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Re: Bad things from 91-Divoc

Post by bluenosey »

The pure selfishness of those clearing the shelves.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

The stingy, tight arse bosses who are forcing people to go into work who can WFH.

Tim Bisley
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF MOTM - January 2012, TFF Tinkerman weekly winner, TFF MOTW - May 2013, Fantasy Race To Dubai 2012 - 4th

Bad things from 91-Divoc

Post by Tim Bisley »

The people, who for the last four years, have been shouting from the rooftops that we got through the War* so we’ll get through this.

Now they’ve got a ‘war’, they’re clearing supermarket shelves, crying that they can’t got to the pub and just generally acting like spoiled children.

*very few, if any, were even born.

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

People that have lost their job and moaning that they used to be paid a fortune and now have to try and survive on £94/week. Welcome to the real world.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Shaggy365 wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 15:52 People that have lost their job and moaning that they used to be paid a fortune and now have to try and survive on £94/week. Welcome to the real world.
Shouldn't that be in Good stuff?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

When there are hardly any vehicles on the road, I have nearly been tw@tted by idiots on bikes more than twice. Maybe I should walk on the road?

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Only in America - link

Where's that statistic that compares different death rates?

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Insignificant in the greater scheme of illness and death, but it’s been decided today that this season has been declared null and void for all football below the Conference.

After losing in the playoffs for the last three seasons, my beloved Leek Town were five points clear with a game in hand. And all that now counts for nothing 😢😢

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

That's pants and I doubt it will survive an Appeal etc

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

It is rather stupid when the main leagues will have to rearrange schedules. Why not just copy them???

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

All non-league contracts expire at the end of May, so that was never really an option. We were hoping the the FA would decide final positions using points per game, but it wasn’t to be.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

So do Pro Contracts..... It just needs universal extension until whenever Leagues can finish?

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I think pro contracts are end of June, plus they are usually for more than one season, unlike semi-pro.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

But both have ends, and no way will Prem be done by end of June.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

bspittles wrote:I think pro contracts are end of June, plus they are usually for more than one season, unlike semi-pro.
If the season finish is, say August-September then just grant short term contracts for that period or use the new blokes you will dign for the next season.

Hope Liverpool do that for Lallana who is out of contract in June.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

World’s oldest man’s birthday party cancelled due to coronavirus

Read more:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/28/worlds-o ... -12470860/

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to read this.
What's happening elsewhere in the US?
The attorney general of Texas on Friday issued a legal opinion deeming gun stores "essential services" during the pandemic - firearm shops across the US have reported soaring sales thanks to Covid-19
Nothing like a bit of community spirit.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Well they have Corona Zombies to worry about?

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

As if the Nurses et al don't have enough to worry about: Rick Astley is doing a free gig for them in Manchester in October 🙉🙉🙈🙈

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:As if the Nurses et al don't have enough to worry about: Rick Astley is doing a free gig for them in Manchester in October ImageImageImageImage
So that's why the NHS want us to flatten the curve - so this drags on til October and they don't have to suffer Astley!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 09:15
blahblah wrote:As if the Nurses et al don't have enough to worry about: Rick Astley is doing a free gig for them in Manchester in October ImageImageImageImage
So that's why the NHS want us to flatten the curve - so this drags on til October and they don't have to suffer Astley!
Ah. It was too early for me to have thunk of that 😐

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

BBC are reporting that Spuds and Newcastle are after Govt cash to pay non-playing staff ie cheap ones, while still paying the players full whack 😤😤😤

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:BBC are reporting that Spuds and Newcastle are after Govt cash to pay non-playing staff ie cheap ones, while still paying the players full whack ImageImageImage
The government fund has a limit (2.5k/month???) which wouldn't impress the prima donnas.

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Just come back from the trip to our local supermarket. Doing 2 shops at the moment as we're also shopping for the mother-in-law. Everyone was patiently queuing outside a nice distance apart, and all was going well. That is until I got through the doors, and the 2 metre rule was being completely ignored by everyone. Staff were just stood in the aisles talking and not letting people through. Shoppers were passing each other almost rubbing shoulders, and it seemed to be the case that you can be closer than 2 metres if you walk quickly past other people. Then by the time I'd finished, people were queuing again ready to be sent to a till, but blocking an entire aisle. There were 3 tills open (apart from the 5 items or less basket so-it-yourself bit), so by the time I'd done, I'd spent 2 hours doing a shop. Then to make matters worse as I got to the front of the till queue, one of the assistants appeared with a pallet full of toilet rolls. I decided not to chase after him as it would have meant re-joining the queue at the back.

Worse shopping trip than going to Ikea.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Shaggy365 wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 18:02 Just come back from the trip to our local supermarket. Doing 2 shops at the moment as we're also shopping for the mother-in-law. Everyone was patiently queuing outside a nice distance apart, and all was going well. That is until I got through the doors, and the 2 metre rule was being completely ignored by everyone. Staff were just stood in the aisles talking and not letting people through. Shoppers were passing each other almost rubbing shoulders, and it seemed to be the case that you can be closer than 2 metres if you walk quickly past other people. Then by the time I'd finished, people were queuing again ready to be sent to a till, but blocking an entire aisle. There were 3 tills open (apart from the 5 items or less basket so-it-yourself bit), so by the time I'd done, I'd spent 2 hours doing a shop. Then to make matters worse as I got to the front of the till queue, one of the assistants appeared with a pallet full of toilet rolls. I decided not to chase after him as it would have meant re-joining the queue at the back.

Worse shopping trip than going to Ikea.
shops need to create a route that everyone follows around the store, and you walk the route slowly, 2m behind the person in front, and if you fail to pick something up as you pass then tough. And they cannot refill shelves while customers are in store, so they will need to close for 10 mins every hour.

But I am now hearing that 8m is a safe distance not 2m, and if that is the case we all need to stay indoors 24/7 and shops will have to deliver to everyone.

I fear we are heading into crazy land.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Wondered when the 8m misinformation would appear!

That is the new distance (up to 6-8m actually) for how far a sneeze can travel. So, yeah, stand that far back if somebody is sneezing on you.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Lidl have stopped making their really yummy Breakfast pastry stuff 😤😤😤😥😥😥

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “COVID-19”