To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Good things from 91-Divoc

Discussions about the coronavirus - COVID19
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Good things from 91-Divoc

Post by blahblah »

No more tattoos for a while 8-) 8-) 8-)

No more smelly Subways, McD's etc

Will our rivers and canals become clear like in Venice?

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Re: Good things from 91-Divoc

Post by unc.si. »

Ahh Venice. The Birmingham of the South

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

unc.si. wrote:Ahh Venice. The Birmingham of the South
Do they talk stupid there too?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Oh less cars on the road too, so I'm sorting out bike tyres and pedalling again as Central Grtr Manchester looks safe πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: ↑24 Mar 2020, 21:43
Stupidly πŸ˜‰

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Another good thing....

People aren't talking about Brexit any more. Well, they weren't.....

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

The List

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Yellow card Murf :x :lol:

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

blahblah wrote: ↑24 Mar 2020, 21:44
Stupidly πŸ˜‰
I nearly missed that, Mr Blah. I'll send Peaky Bluenose round to, loike, have a word :wink:

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

The lady that popped a note through my door saying if I was self isolating, she would be happy to help.

The moment the other day when I was out jogging. Some old boy appeared from the out of an alley way, saw me coming and stopped. I got off the path and ran to the edge of the grass verge. He gave me a thumbs up. I reciprocated the gesture. Nice.

In fact, there was a lot of cameraderie between those out jogging. A smile or an acknowledgement whilst we all gave each other a wide birth.

:D

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Post by Johnners »

Pollution's down.

Ablutions are up.

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Saw my first plane take off for about a week today (can see Leeds/Bradford airport from home).

According to flightradar24.com the number of world-wide flights is down by about 44%.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

That many? I would have guessed far less....

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Graph

It surprised me as well. Looking through the twitter feed, there are some quite staggering comparisons before & after.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Being able to use a trolley at the supermarket.

All the trolleys are now free at my local Morrisons - in that they've taken all the coins out. I rarely remembered to take a pound coin with me before so it made a change from trying to balance stuff in an overloaded basket.

Pushed it in the canal afterwards obviously :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'll trump (ho ho) that: no old biddies smashing my ankles to bits with their trolleys 8-)

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Seriously (Ha!), i've been using the facebook phone feature the last couple of days - thanks to an old friend from chicago who called out of the blue, I didn't even know that facebook phone thing worked (as it didn't when i briefly tried it a few years back). So the good thing is ... that am now back in touch with so many old friends all over the world. Oz and NZ, USA (lots), Spain, Ukraine, Luxembourg, Brazil, have even been in touch with the Falkland islands (and she isn't going anywhere fast, no more planes scheduled, er, no, no idea!) . So yes, a good thing, old friends are back in touch. Hopefully for ever, maybe some will drift, the good ones will remember these tough times and we'll be better in the long run.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Lucky them? 😨

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Assume you're referring to the friend in the Falklands?! She's quite happy being away from everything for a while ...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I just meant lucky them with you finding them πŸ˜‚

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Cheeky sod.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed Β£150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

the lack of traffic outside my window makes my 10th floor balcony almost serene tonight (and a very bright Venus to look at). And I also saw a plane for the first time in days. Odd flight path. Suspect it might have been something official.

The majority of people are giving each other space on the pavement. Some consideration from the great unwashed - might it last beyond this situation?

I am not getting as much done as I hoped though. Need to get going tomorrow. Too good an opportunity to miss.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

quizking wrote: ↑25 Mar 2020, 21:56Cheeky sod.
Moi? 😱

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Seen a few planes lately, mostly fighter jets, even looked down on a big bomber cargo type thing the other day as it flew down the valley below. Not seen many (any?) for a couple of days.

Never see commercial planes so no difference. Bet it is different where I used to live (nr Stansted).

The roads were very quiet today when I went out as was the shop so some positives. Even my car could keep the correct social distance from those parked either side. Was expecting it to be a bit quiet but it was almost scary.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

@blah i think but sketchy connection back and forth here today, not easy to check back - Apologies if i took it the wrong way, but no worries if i took it the right way, i'm hopeless at trying to read emojis (too old and eyesight not good enough)!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

quizking wrote: ↑25 Mar 2020, 22:23 @blah i think but sketchy connection back and forth here today, not easy to check back - Apologies if i took it the wrong way, but no worries if i took it the right way, i'm hopeless at trying to read emojis (too old and eyesight not good enough)!
No worries and stay safe πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

phew, all good! have just been speaking to boston USA, some better possible news and new york numbers looking ok, stay safe everyone!

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Good news - Petrol is 102.9/l round here. Just a pity the car hasn't been used for a week so would struggle to get more than a few quid into it.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Shaggy365 wrote:Good news - Petrol is 102.9/l round here. Just a pity the car hasn't been used for a week so would struggle to get more than a few quid into it.
I saw it cheap yesterday, 116.9 but that was somewhere about 15p dearer than southern/city supermarkets (which I won't be seeing in a long time!). Couple of places near me usually 2 or 3p better than that one.

Weird because petrol is usually the first thing panic bought but there must be a world glut now (with F1 being cancelled Image )

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

murf wrote: ↑26 Mar 2020, 14:30
Shaggy365 wrote:Good news - Petrol is 102.9/l round here. Just a pity the car hasn't been used for a week so would struggle to get more than a few quid into it.
I saw it cheap yesterday, 116.9 but that was somewhere about 15p dearer than southern/city supermarkets (which I won't be seeing in a long time!). Couple of places near me usually 2 or 3p better than that one.

Weird because petrol is usually the first thing panic bought but there must be a world glut now (with F1 being cancelled Image )
Please don't mention panic buying of petrol. I can still remember the oil crisis of the 70's, and prices being standardised at 73p/gallon.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œCOVID-19”