To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Champions League Knockout Freeze 100k GTD

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Champions League Knockout Freeze 100k GTD

Post by ffstuff »

Was hoping for a FanTeam champions league game, but not impressed with the "Freeze" version now launched.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Re: Champions League Knockout Freeze 100k GTD

Post by ronny10 »

Yeah but it's a pain in the arse to manage transfers when you have 100 teams.

They may aswell just hand the prize over to a big multi entrant now!!!!!

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Not only do you need to hope all your players get through to the semi final you also need to hope they avoid each other in the draw for the quarter final to stand a chance.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Another game that benefits the multis, who would have guessed

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I get that they want to encourage multi entrants to fill games but they need to give people a bit of hope, just 3 or 4 transfers would have been a help.

So you pick a team and they all get through the last 16 then half of your team is drawn against the other half in the quarter finals effectively destroying your chances!

I'm out

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

My confidence in FanTeam is now at an all time low. Was looking forward to this. No transfers is a shambolic joke of a decision.

It’s basically a lottery on the quarter final draw / aka huge multis benefit comp.

They won’t be getting a penny out of me.

henrikinaski
Kevin and Perry

Post by henrikinaski »

Its all about luck anyway :). I understand both parts. They are not doing this for charity and yes 2 trnasfers or something would be much better but for me this is very intresting tournament. With 25e you have fun for months. :)

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

henrikinaski wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 13:45 Its all about luck anyway :). I understand both parts. They are not doing this for charity and yes 2 trnasfers or something would be much better but for me this is very intresting tournament. With 25e you have fun for months. :)
Or until the quarter final draw

henrikinaski
Kevin and Perry

Post by henrikinaski »

Yea, thats tricky part. Would be good if we know 1/4 draw.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

henrikinaski wrote:Its all about luck anyway :). I understand both parts. They are not doing this for charity and yes 2 trnasfers or something would be much better but for me this is very intresting tournament. With 25e you have fun for months. :)
Hello FanTeam employee Image

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Yeah you have fun for three weeks and then the quarter final draw pits your players against each other. Game over. Except for the huge multis who can just play the probability game. There is no skill. Shame.

henrikinaski
Kevin and Perry

Post by henrikinaski »

Hehhe yea im ceo :))))) dont get me wrong, if i going to play i will play with one team. Its true what are you saying. I did not look at prices at all, i saw there is 4 subs., maybe that can help.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

I’m not a perennial moaner but this really is rubbish. It could have been a brilliant comp :(

Anyway I’ll shut up now and play the McDonalds game or some other tripe :roll:

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

I'm the same as you CBN, was looking forward to it then get this tripe.
I can't actually see how they would think this is a good idea?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I think they know it's a bad idea, it's clear the multi entrants must have some influence.

First the safety net, which they gave justification too, but I still dont believe in their reasoning and think it was more to aid those entering loads of teams!

And now this!

I would imagine they need to be careful as what happens if a multi entrant, or 2, out multi the multis. Sooner or later some of them will run out of ammo and then whose paying to enter the games!
Last edited by ronny10 on 04 Feb 2020, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

You might as well throw your €25 down the drain. I mean even if you entered 10 teams at a whopping €250 you'd still struggle. I'm out too unfortunately.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

henrikinaski wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 14:50 Hehhe yea im ceo :))))) dont get me wrong, if i going to play i will play with one team. Its true what are you saying. I did not look at prices at all, i saw there is 4 subs., maybe that can help.
The subs dont really help, I picked a team out of interest and it had

3 liverpool
3 juventus
3 barca
3 leipzig (1 on bench)
3 atalanta on the bench

Possibilities of all going into the 1/4 finals but leipzig and atalanta very touch and go and even chances of the other 3 getting knocked out. This is even before the lottery of the 1/4 final draw!!

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

I’m not sure if I fully agree.

Certaingky dint disagree that the huge multis who enter 100-200 teams at a cost of 2.5k - 5k Euro will have an absolutely huge advantage p, however I feel there tea fees were allowed this would only increase their edge.

I feel far better to have limited the number of teams to 5 or 10 just like SCOFF and I feel the game would be played on a level playing field.

Do you think the smaller manager could find any exploitable edge over the multis because it is a freeze torn up or is the general consensus to leave the money to Sandor and Cujo and co?

See, this is where a FISO syndicate could come into play....beat them at there own game.

henrikinaski
Kevin and Perry

Post by henrikinaski »

Just to say you are totaly right. Was thinking a litle bit, game would be much better with transfers. At least before 1/4

Fanteam Reps
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Official representative(s) of Fanteam.com.

Post by Fanteam Reps »

Hello everyone!

I have been involved in the decision to make the Champions League knockout phase a freeze game, and I can tell you that we did not do that in order to help the multi-entry players. Let me make a few points about it.

1) When you have a cup like this, where you end up in a final between two teams, it is very different to traditional leagues where all teams play in all rounds. In such a cup game, if you allow transfers, all contestants will end up with basically the same team in the end. The effect will be big in the semi final, and catastrophic in the final. There are only 4 rounds in this tournament, so having such effects in at least half of the tournament was not acceptable for us. So we made it a freeze tournament. While we have experience from freeze games in tennis, and they have been successful, football is a very different sport, so maybe we can find ways to improve the format at the next crossroad. But so far, we think this was a good decision.

2) The assumption that it is impossible to make a profit in tournaments where there are players who have up to 100 entries, is just plain wrong. The chance for a multi-entry player to win the tournament is of course bigger, but once in a while a single-entry player will win, and he will then get a ROI that would be impossible to achieve for the multi-entry player! It will be 50 to 100 times bigger than the ROI the multi-entry player gets when he wins! While we would wish that single-entry players could win more often, at the end of the day, expected value has to be the gold standard here, and on this the single-entry player is actually very competitive.

In all forms of gambling where there is a pool like this, with the option of having more than one entry, it is MORE difficult to maintain a high ROI the MORE entries you make. This is a universal principle. I can explain why too. Imagine if you are a serious multi-entry player. Your system suggests 100 different teams. If you have an advanced system, you can rank these teams, putting the team with the highest expected value at the top. Now, if you start entering more teams, starting with number 1 and going down the list, for each team you add, your average EV will obviously go down.

It is, in fact, extremely difficult to achieve a high ROI in fantasy with a large number of teams, unless you have a very sophisticated setup. The reason that many of those entering many teams still are doing well overall, is because they work hard on finding the best players to select. Many of them are just extremely good at playing fantasy. If you work hard on your game, you can be too!

The argument that 'they can afford to cover all variants and that's why they are winning' does not make any sense. If they force themselves to play combinations that are more unlikely, and these turn out to be good plays, then what is stopping a single-entry player from 'going wide' too? The argument assumes that it is bigger EV to be found with the more unlikely combinations. It may be true, but in that case, you can go for one of those too, and get the maximum EV!

3) I have previously written about why safety net is not an advantage for the multi-entry players, as it is claimed to be. To make it short. The highrollers are extremely good at predicting future line-ups. The ones that really benefit from safety net are the recreational players that have no clue what the line-ups will be. And that's why we introduced the safety net. To help those players. Trust me, we have no desire to help the multi-entry players. They are doing well enough on their own. What we need is to make it easier for recreational players and rookies to win, as there is quite a high threshold for getting good at fantasy, and many give up early on because it seems overwhelming. Every day we try to think about changes that would help newcomers. We have improved a lot when it comes to offering information on how to play, aimed exactly at this group. We invented the format One Bullet, where only 1 entry per customer was allowed. Unfortunately, people don't want to play for small prize pools, and i understand that, so this game has not been a success so far. It may be in the future when we will be bigger. We actually grew A LOT the last 12 months, so if we can keep up the growth rate, the future should be very interesting! The other day news came that the state bookmaker in Norway, Norsk Tipping, made a deal with network operator Scout, which in itself could mean a big boost to network tournaments like the Weekly Monster. (The boost won't come right away, it takes time to connect a new B2B client to the network. Expecting to see them join in 6 months).

I am sure we need to do more for the hobby players. I am open to any suggestion that will bring us in the right direction, but we cannot be unfair to other player groups.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Thanks for the reply, I dont think the big issue is with the fact it's a freeze tournament, it's more that you are relying on luck of the draw for the quarter finals. I could pick what I think is the best teams from the start but its irrelevant if those players are the drawn against each other and I end up with 6 or 7 in the semis and effectively lose any chance of winning!

Yes I could get lucky then stand a very good chance of doing well, we all need luck in fantasy football but not from something that is out of your hands.

It's not for me but appreciate your points and the effort in responding

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

CBN wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 13:20 My confidence in FanTeam is now at an all time low.My confidence has never been at a 1 % high Was looking forward to this. No transfers is a shambolic joke of a decision.

It’s basically a lottery on the quarter final draw / aka huge multis benefit comp.

They won’t be getting a penny out of me.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

CBN wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 16:15 I’m not a perennial moaner but this really is rubbish. It could have been a brilliant comp :(

Anyway I’ll shut up now and play the McDonalds game or some other tripe :roll:
You should concentrate on the Sun game ( you use to be good at that :wink: )

Fanteam Reps
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Official representative(s) of Fanteam.com.

Post by Fanteam Reps »

Ronny10, that is a valid point. We will think hard to try to minimize the impact of the draw in next version of this game.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Fanteam Reps wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 12:28 Ronny10, that is a valid point. We will think hard to try to minimize the impact of the draw in next version of this game.
And obviously this is the reason it massively favours the multi entrant!

Good to know you will take it on board though.

Even if we just had 3 or 4 transfers I would have been tempted but none means it's a total lottery and at 25 euro a pop it doesn't appeal to me who would only enter a couple at most!

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Similar views, it’s nice to see a provider giving their take on decisions but again if there are injuries to players you have no way of replacing them . A small number of transfers available from the beginning would of sufficed.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Yep kudos for providing an explanation but it’s flawed. Provide transfers through to the point at which the draw is bracketed. Simple.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

If you have entered at least one team already in the Champions League Knockout Freeze 100k GTD then post here and the 1st 5 people to post will be given an extra free entry. This offer expires tomorrow (Tues) evening.

henrikinaski
Kevin and Perry

Post by henrikinaski »

I have one team. Henri Kinaski user

Henrikinaski exatcly
Last edited by henrikinaski on 11 Feb 2020, 13:36, edited 2 times in total.

Gabinho
FS Record: -

Post by Gabinho »

I have entered a team. Username: Gabinho

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”