To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sick of Aguero

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
cnkp21
FISOhead

Sick of Aguero

Post by cnkp21 »

I missed out on Aguero’s haul yesterday and it’s ruined me in my mini league. Probs season over.

I’m in a predicament what to do. Do I bring him in for damage limitation or go in another direction.

I’m thinking with the league nearly over City may priorities the cups and use Jesus for the league especially with Real Madrid coming up.

Liverpool will prioritise the league so thinking of going Salah and Mane and bringing Ings in. Southampton upcoming games are decent.

What’s everyone’s thought?

Sieben
FISOhead

Re: Sick of Aguero

Post by Sieben »

When he started against Port Vale I put Foden in for Mount just so I could afford Mane to Aguero. I felt it had to be done. Aguero is scoring at a rate of a goal every 77 minutes. Vardy is the next best at 1 every 106 minutes. I am amazed so many have not put him back in although Mahrez is a great alternative. Getting a player in after missing a load of points is something I struggle with but I had to after missing TAA's 18 points against Leicester. Sterling and sometimes Jesus are playing the league cup matches which makes Aguero even better.

cnkp21
FISOhead

Post by cnkp21 »

I missed Port Vale because I got distracted but brought Rashford in on Saturday which was worth it. The points helped until Aguero’s hat trick. I have Sterling so I am thinking of downgrading to Mahrez and going with him and KDB long term and gambling that Aguero will get rotated. Surely City would want to keep him for the Champs League.

Trying to predict Aguero’s game is a nightmare and always seems to catch me out.

I am also not a fan of binging a player in after a big haul. Feels like you are chasing something.

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Euro Under 21 Threes Winner ; Super Egg Cup Winner 12/13 ; JJB Fantasy World Cup 2010 Monthly Winner ; Mortgage Brain Monthly Winner 11/12 ; A few telegraph super league wins ;

Post by Tadpole »

In form Aguero home to Palace, but literally impossible to get him in today with Liverpool’s run of extra games on the horizon!

No doubt Sterling will be benched again too.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Tadpole wrote: 17 Jan 2020, 20:31 In form Aguero home to Palace, but literally impossible to get him in today with Liverpool’s run of extra games on the horizon!

No doubt Sterling will be benched again too.
No guarantee he starts. Would expect Jesus to start midweek if Aguero did.

js234
Treebeard

Post by js234 »

Also in the midst of that run of Liverpool games city are at home to Fulham

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

js234 wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 08:25 Also in the midst of that run of Liverpool games city are at home to Fulham
Liverpool play after that so any regular Liverpool player starting in the Cup (guess = not many of them) gets a 3 for 0

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Apparently Aguero has pulled a hamstring doing the hokey cokey ;)

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Euro Under 21 Threes Winner ; Super Egg Cup Winner 12/13 ; JJB Fantasy World Cup 2010 Monthly Winner ; Mortgage Brain Monthly Winner 11/12 ; A few telegraph super league wins ;

Post by Tadpole »

Even more sick of him now

5 goals in 2 games

Sterling faltering....

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

morganb wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 10:37 Apparently Aguero has pulled a hamstring doing the hokey cokey ;)
No jokes about Aguero’s injury situation please. Inappropriate taboo subject matter. :lol:

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

Jamjack wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 12:30
morganb wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 10:37 Apparently Aguero has pulled a hamstring doing the hokey cokey ;)
No jokes about Aguero’s injury situation please. Inappropriate taboo subject matter. :lol:
Any thoughts on who starts on Tuesday, Aguero or Jesus? Just know if I stretch to get him in he will now be rested for Spurs at weekend. I know that's the baggage he comes with but can't afford to miss out again!

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

Trying to second guess Pep is almost as frustrating as holding Aguero!

I’m placing a lot of reliance on the fact Sergio has hit form and seems to be the most reliable City goalscorer in the last couple of weeks.

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

Yard of Grass wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 23:05
Any thoughts on who starts on Tuesday, Aguero or Jesus? Just know if I stretch to get him in he will now be rested for Spurs at weekend. I know that's the baggage he comes with but can't afford to miss out again!
My guess will be for Aguero and Jesus up top with Mahrez floating about. Sterling should be benched.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Sieben wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 14:58
Yard of Grass wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 23:05
My guess will be for Aguero and Jesus up top with Mahrez floating about. Sterling should be benched.
Any sane manager would do that and I'd be happy to predict it. Pep.....

Joey Navinsky
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Perennial single entrant - highest finish = 674th (2021 - 22)

Post by Joey Navinsky »

he's on the bench!

MagicIsay
Treebeard
FS Record: Ok

Post by MagicIsay »

Think Pep is trying to get some confidence back into Sterling, expect Aguero to come on for last 30 if Sterling is doing nothing.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

He did come on and he did score

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”