To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW23 captain pole

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW23 Captain

Poll ended at 18 Jan 2020, 18:01

Abraham
1%
Aguero
12%
Alli
No votes
De Bruyne
46%
Calvert - Lewin
No votes
Cantwell
No votes
Drinkwater
No votes
Firmino
1%
Harry Wilson
1%
Ings
2%
Jesus
No votes
Jimenez
No votes
Maddison
No votes
Mahrez
1%
Mane
3%
Martial
No votes
Pukki
No votes
Rashford
No votes
Richarlison
No votes
Salah
7%
Son
No votes
Sterling
10%
Vardy
14%
Wood
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes: 127

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

GW23 captain pole

Post by Oxford NZ »

I have no idea yet. Stevieste is on Sterling :P who seems to be a viable pick if he starts against Palace but may of us have sold him.
Good luck and may the best captain win 8-)
Last edited by Oxford NZ on 14 Jan 2020, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Stevieste »

Sterling Captain and KDB or Vardy Vice

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Oxford NZ wrote: ↑14 Jan 2020, 18:01 I have no idea yet. Stevieste is on Sterling :P who seems to be a viable pick if he starts against Palace but may of us have sold him.
Id be surprised if anyone went for the suspended Aubameyang πŸ˜‰

That could still get the same amount of points as my Sterling selection though 🀣

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Stevieste wrote: ↑14 Jan 2020, 18:17
Oxford NZ wrote: ↑14 Jan 2020, 18:01 I have no idea yet. Stevieste is on Sterling :P who seems to be a viable pick if he starts against Palace but may of us have sold him.

That could still get the same amount of points as my Sterling selection though 🀣
The perils of copy and paste :oops: :roll:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Oxford NZ wrote: ↑14 Jan 2020, 18:22

This was why i never did the poll, there always someone complaining πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€£

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

KDB (c) Mane (vc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Same as previous week: Kun, Salah vice

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Stevieste wrote: ↑14 Jan 2020, 18:26

This was why i never did the poll, there always someone complaining πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€£
What does you doing polls have to do with posters moaning at you?

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

blahblah wrote: ↑14 Jan 2020, 21:03
Stevieste wrote: ↑14 Jan 2020, 18:26

What does you doing polls have to do with posters moaning at you?
Hope you Aguero captain choice this week get Pep’d now Blah πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

Goooo Rickie
Treebeard

Post by Goooo Rickie »

Think I'll be going Sterling... (again) :shock:

He has to play this week, surely Pep can't bench him for a 3rd straight league game!!?

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Goooo Rickie wrote: ↑14 Jan 2020, 22:13 Think I'll be going Sterling... (again) :shock:

He has to play this week, surely Pep can't bench him for a 3rd straight league game!!?
Go on Rickie, its our week this one 😳

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Am I really the only one on Mane?

Don't see Palace rolling over for City like Villa did and I think pool could do a number on Utd

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

I do not own Mane as I went for the TAA, Robertson and Salah option but I think re GW23 Salah is in better form than Mane and could get some points playing at home to United. Mane or Salah are valid options this week along with the City strike force and anyone playing Newcastle or Villa.
Still undecided so may switch off and just plump for Abraham to add some extra spice if I get to see the game.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

I can not see a reason to take the armband off Aguero. vcKDB

Noobking
Treebeard

Post by Noobking »

Aguero (KdB)

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

KDB (C) I think. Salah (VC). Would put the band on Aguero if I owned him.

Newfounder
Treebeard
FS Record: poor, I always seem to finish nearer the bottom than the top

Post by Newfounder »

What about Connolly? (home villa). :lol: oh ok Aguero (c) Salah (vc)

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

KDB so far out in front is a surprise, he is one of the ones im expecting pep to rest this week.

Ive took Vice off him personally because of it also.

Sterling C Vardy V

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

I'll be looking for Vardy to continue his 100% rate of returning when I captain him.

Incidentally, Sterling's rate is 16.67% :)

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Stevieste wrote: ↑15 Jan 2020, 09:22 KDB so far out in front is a surprise, he is one of the ones im expecting pep to rest this week.
Surely it would have been the Villa game where Pep would have rested him from the get go. KDB is much more needed against a well-drilled Palace/Hodgson team.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Vardy's only not returned in 2 of his last 14 appearances.

I'm surprised he's not more popular too.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

KDB isn't going to be rested. He was taken off early against Villa with the game won in order to save his legs for this game and the Sheffield United match. The worst that will happen is that he's taken off somewhere between 60 mins and 75 mins against Palace if the game is won.

Either way, I think Vardy is the better captain this week. Burnley's defence is far worse than Palace's, and neither do Burnley press and constrict teams like Southampton can and did, so I don't see Leicester being as outplayed as they were last week. I also think Vardy is guaranteed to play 90 mins, and has penalties too, both of which KDB does not.

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Suprised to see Salah and Mane so low. Salah (c) Mane (vc) at the moment.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

TheRumourMill wrote: ↑15 Jan 2020, 12:36 KDB isn't going to be rested. He was taken off early against Villa with the game won in order to save his legs for this game and the Sheffield United match. The worst that will happen is that he's taken off somewhere between 60 mins and 75 mins against Palace if the game is won.

Either way, I think Vardy is the better captain this week. Burnley's defence is far worse than Palace's, and neither do Burnley press and constrict teams like Southampton can and did, so I don't see Leicester being as outplayed as they were last week. I also think Vardy is guaranteed to play 90 mins, and has penalties too, both of which KDB does not.
Completely agree that he will start. He's had a weeks rest and was taken off early as you've said. He himself will be saying hes fine to start, better to start him and win the game and then take him off than start without him go 1-0 down and bring him on to chase the game later. The question for me is whether hes the better option or not for me. Vardy is on pens etc but Leicester just haven't been at it lately and their game is away. I think the problem is more Ndidis injury leaving the back 4 more exposed, which affects Maddison & co which in turn affects Vardy. KDB on current form can haul virtually any game and City are flying atm.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

AgΓΌero if I bring him in. De Bruyne if not.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

xJosh- wrote: ↑15 Jan 2020, 13:23
TheRumourMill wrote: ↑15 Jan 2020, 12:36 KDB isn't going to be rested. He was taken off early against Villa with the game won in order to save his legs for this game and the Sheffield United match. The worst that will happen is that he's taken off somewhere between 60 mins and 75 mins against Palace if the game is won.

Completely agree that he will start. He's had a weeks rest and was taken off early as you've said. He himself will be saying hes fine to start, better to start him and win the game and then take him off than start without him go 1-0 down and bring him on to chase the game later. The question for me is whether hes the better option or not for me. Vardy is on pens etc but Leicester just haven't been at it lately and their game is away. I think the problem is more Ndidis injury leaving the back 4 more exposed, which affects Maddison & co which in turn affects Vardy. KDB on current form can haul virtually any game and City are flying atm.
I agree with you regarding the KDB strategy. They tried the "bench him and bring him on if needed" strategy against Norwich and look how that turned out!

There's a lot of words to that effect being said about Leicester and Vardy recently, but they did have to play City and Liverpool back to back, then they rested their entire squad against West Ham, which was bound to affect their performance (they won anyway), and then Vardy was out injured for a week (a week in which they smashed Newcastle 3-0 without him). So on the face of it, it looks like they and he have dropped off a cliff in terms of performances over the last 5 weeks but if you look under the hood there are mitigating circumstances and explanations for why.

I do agree though that Ndidi is a big miss, he's a very underrated player and in my opinion almost as good as Kante.

Looking at Burnley, at home to decent opposition this season they read:

Liverpool, lost 3-0
Chelsea, lost 4-2
Man City, lost 4-1
Man Utd, lost 2-0

Not good, averaging 3 goals conceded per game.

Away from home its a similar story:

Away to Arsenal, lost 2-1
Away to Leicester, lost 2-1
Away to Spurs, lost 5-0
Away to Chelsea, lost 3-0

Again, 3 goals conceded per match.

there's a mounting body of evidence that they can't defend against decent attacking outfits.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Palace haven't conceded more than a single goal in a game since November 23rd against Liverpool. They've only conceded more than two goals in a game once this whole season - way back in September away at Tottenham.

You'd put your money on City of course, but I'm not necessarily sure I'd be expecting another drubbing like against Villa.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

TheRumourMill wrote: ↑15 Jan 2020, 14:05
xJosh- wrote: ↑15 Jan 2020, 13:23

I agree with you regarding the KDB strategy. They tried the "bench him and bring him on if needed" strategy against Norwich and look how that turned out!

There's a lot of words to that effect being said about Leicester and Vardy recently, but they did have to play City and Liverpool back to back, then they rested their entire squad against West Ham, which was bound to affect their performance (they won anyway), and then Vardy was out injured for a week (a week in which they smashed Newcastle 3-0 without him). So on the face of it, it looks like they and he have dropped off a cliff in terms of performances over the last 5 weeks but if you look under the hood there are mitigating circumstances and explanations for why.

I do agree though that Ndidi is a big miss, he's a very underrated player and in my opinion almost as good as Kante.

Looking at Burnley, at home to decent opposition this season they read:

Liverpool, lost 3-0
Chelsea, lost 4-2
Man City, lost 4-1
Man Utd, lost 2-0

Not good, averaging 3 goals conceded per game.

Away from home its a similar story:

Away to Arsenal, lost 2-1
Away to Leicester, lost 2-1
Away to Spurs, lost 5-0
Away to Chelsea, lost 3-0

Again, 3 goals conceded per match.

there's a mounting body of evidence that they can't defend against decent attacking outfits.
All v good points. Probably edging me to make the swap
Bixer wrote: ↑15 Jan 2020, 14:42 Palace haven't conceded more than a single goal in a game since November 23rd against Liverpool. They've only conceded more than two goals in a game once this whole season - way back in September away at Tottenham.

You'd put your money on City of course, but I'm not necessarily sure I'd be expecting another drubbing like against Villa.
I do agree it probably wont be a drubbing but as you said if there is one its likely to be City that do it to the,. From memory we more often beat Palace but its not normally comfortable but idk KDB in this form at home after a week off. Even if he just scores a goal id be happy. I cant see Vardy hauling either idk why. That said everyone in my mini leagues have Vardy and the few chasing me don't have KDB so it makes sense to captain Vardy along with them and then just take the KDB points as bonus on top.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

KdB is in no danger of sliding down the pole :lol:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

With Pep in charge nobody can say who is guaranteed to start and who is not, its all guess work.

Many times pep has brought someone off early and they not played in the next game.

Sterling and Bilva will not be on the bench again, so who drops from the team as someone has to πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Mahrez and Jesus is possible, but i really not be surprised to see Foden start and KDB rested when there at home and not away to Norwich.

Time will tell i guess

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”