To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
Kaikkipunaselle
Kevin and Perry

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by Kaikkipunaselle »

Yes, he could ronny. I didn't want to state this as this would actually be a good advice for him if he reads these forums (which I doubt he does). :)

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

If he wanted to do blocks would he get the option to make the change specifically in 10 out of his 100 teams or does it only say all identical teams?

Kaikkipunaselle
Kevin and Perry

Most likely he could choose to do the transfers to as many teams as he wants. Here is an example how it works in the Weekly Monster. However, it is also possible it changes from this view to a different one if one has as many as 100 identical teams. But most likely he still has the option to check as many boxes as he wants as in the picture below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Just to confirm that I checked this with FanTeam that it's an option in the seasonal game as, whilst I thought it was, I wasn't 100% sure.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Kaikkipunaselle wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 18:27 Yes, he could ronny. I didn't want to state this as this would actually be a good advice for him if he reads these forums (which I doubt he does). :)
Doh :lol:

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

"There are two wild cards available for you in a season-long Premier league tournament, one that can be used from gameweek 2 to gameweek 18, and one from gameweek 19 to gameweek 38" - does anyone know if this means the first one is available up until the gameweek 18 deadline, or up to the gameweek 19 deadline? 21 or 26 December? Thanks :)

Kaikkipunaselle
Kevin and Perry

Had a feeling Cujo might end up taking hits again this week. Didn't expect a healthy -28 points though.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Are you saying he took a -28 again! Wow!!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Cujos' transfer algorithm has malfunctioned :shock:

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

That's pretty bizzare

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

I bet he genuinely regrets not diversifying his teams when he was doing so well.

I think he’s not as good as we all give him credit for.

He employed a redic high risk strategy by picking all the same teams and then doing so well we all thought he was like some kind of genius and have been waiting for him to make his move and then he goes and throws it away.....

More money than sense my old man would have said....

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Bizarrely, I can’t switch Robertson to my bench if I’m holding my iPad in landscape mode. Nono of my other players are affected, and it works fine in portrait.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

bspittles wrote: 20 Dec 2019, 18:52 Bizarrely, I can’t switch Robertson to my bench if I’m holding my iPad in landscape mode. Nono of my other players are affected, and it works fine in portrait.
Can't switch van Dyke to the bench (laptop or phone). Not that it really matters as he'll just be an auto sub.

Glitch may become a problem in later blank GWs if more teams affected.

Kaikkipunaselle
Kevin and Perry

You can switch Liverpool players to bench if you click on the Liverpool player on the field view and select "Switch with substitute" and then someone on your bench. Doesn't work if you click the bench player first.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Has anyone noticed FanTeam’s inconsistency when it comes to correcting some points?

While they managed to correct Vardy’s goal to an assist last week, evidence they will amend incorrect actions once the EPL has, they failed to correct the KDB goal to an assist in week 10 vs Villa and this week - where are Henderson’s assist points?

In all three instances, the EPL were very quick to correct these so what’s FanTeam’s excuse?

Kaikkipunaselle
Kevin and Perry

I think up until Henderson's assist they have been somewhat consistent. I have played several Fantasy Sports games that do not change the stats of a match once the match has ended. I believe FanTeam to be one of those. The situations with Vardy and KDB were handled like this. Vardy's goal was changed to an assist right after he scored, so FanTeam adjusted while the match was still active. KDB's goal was changed to David Silva by Premier League around 1 hour after the match had finished and FanTeam had already changed the points to be final, I believe. However, with Henderson they actually first had the assist awarded to him (he had 11 points right after the 3 pm matches finished), but later, I think during their post game stats check before finalizing their stats (points color changing from red to blue), they chose to remove the assist points from Henderson. I actually reached out to them as I noticed the points were removed and they replied they had removed the points because of an unsuccessful clearance by Webster happened before the goal. I pointed out that the official FPL had listed assist to Henderson and how his play really had a crucial impact on the goal, but they didn't change it back any more. I don't think they will revert it back later as an assist I'm afraid.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Cheers Kaik.

It’s inconsistent. Vardy is corrected during the game (the example showing they are capable of doing it correctly), KDB openly admitted it was Dilva’s goal in his post match interview (well inside an hour after the game), Henderson is wrongly corrected (to what the official ruling was) after the game.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

My attitude is to ignore how scores are reached by games organisers. In that way I enjoy playing and avoid the stress that some fantasy managers seem to enjoy. I simply assume that whenever a game organiser makes a crass decision, there will be a number of manager policemen communicating with the game organiser and if they don't get a decision changed I also wouldnt have got it changed. This way I am blissfully ignorant of any errors and enjoy the game to the maximum. Mind you it took playing fantasy for two or three seasons before I developed this mind set.

Fanteam Reps
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Official representative(s) of Fanteam.com.

Post by Fanteam Reps »

Hello everyone, official representative of Fanteam here. We will try to respond to topics on the forum more frequently through this account. We notice this community has a lot of views of different features and policies of Fanteam, and we are happy to discuss the best way forward with the members of the forum. Always looking to improve our product, we absolutely welcome input from the outside. We can not promise we will agree on everything, but in cases of disagreement we will provide arguments for why we lean towards a certain solution. Sometimes we makes mistakes. Hopefully, feedback from the forum can help us maker fewer, and reverse unwise decisions quicker.

About the Henderson incident: It is not obvious how a fantasy assist should be defined. We have chosen a different definition than FPL. If it is an active clearance (player intently tries to move the ball in a different direction), this disconnects the possible assister from the situation. It does not matter if the clearance was successful, which was exactly what happened in the Sheff United situation. Hence, no fantasy assist from us. In contrast to this are situations where there is a deflection (instead of a clearance), the ball hitting a player who has not enough time to react with a clearance. In such cases, we award fantasy assists.

We believe we have been consistent, following these guidelines in the past.

That being said, better communication about these guidelines is probably needed. Also, in the aftermath of the Henderson incident some voices (not only on this forum) have argued that we should use FPL decisions on stuff like this. This has been discussed internally before, and it is certainly possible that it will be discussed again.

ludermor
Treebeard

Post by ludermor »

So Cujo benched TAA last week....

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

How are we all getting on? Did we remember to captain a Liverpool player with them playing twice this gameweek?

An absolutely monstrous 22.5 points from Pope in the last 2 games really has made a lot of difference. Value pick 8-)

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 22:12 How are we all getting on? Did we remember to captain a Liverpool player with them playing twice this gameweek?

An absolutely monstrous 22.5 points from Pope in the last 2 games really has made a lot of difference. Value pick 8-)
Collapsed to around 750th over past few weeks thanks to not having TAA. Having a decent week this week and back into top 500 thanks to now having a Liverpool back 3 and captaining TAA!

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I’m starting to finally catch up.

In and around the money spots for the first time since early in the season.

I too captained TAA for the DGW.

Looking at top ten a lot have Vardy and Mane so be interesting go see how they handle it....

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Just outside the top 50 after Salah brought home a decent points haul for the DGW as captain. Surprised I made up so much ground - seems like not everyone realised it was a DGW :?

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Dunno what I’ve been doing but I must try harder. Didn’t even give it a thought about captaining a Liverpool player 🤷🏼‍♂️Been a learning curve for me this game(fpl type game) I’ve built my value up well in my best team but just not utilised it very well. I’ve been spending too much time on other fantasy football platforms I think or maybe just been very unlucky 🙄I’ll be very lucky to get in the prize positions. 😔

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Wondering whether now is a WC moment. I have 7 of my current lot missing in GW28 plus 2 at least I want to change. But I worry about the blanks and doubles that will come shortly afterwards so maybe a gentle management up to 28 and then rethink once it is past.

Hmmm moment.

Maybe best to leave things this week but I still have Sterling and ...

ludermor
Treebeard

Post by ludermor »

raoul wrote: 31 Jan 2020, 01:23 Wondering whether now is a WC moment. I have 7 of my current lot missing in GW28 plus 2 at least I want to change. But I worry about the blanks and doubles that will come shortly afterwards so maybe a gentle management up to 28 and then rethink once it is past.

Hmmm moment.

Comig from a FPL background it is strange planning for the blanks and doubles with no chips as a comfort blankie!
Out of interest who are your 7 missing? I only have 3 (KDB, Sterling & Lund) so afraid im missing some games !! ( City, Arse, SU and Villa?)

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

ludermor wrote: 31 Jan 2020, 13:37
raoul wrote: 31 Jan 2020, 01:23 Wondering whether now is a WC moment. I have 7 of my current lot missing in GW28 plus 2 at least I want to change. But I worry about the blanks and doubles that will come shortly afterwards so maybe a gentle management up to 28 and then rethink once it is past.

Hmmm moment.

Comig from a FPL background it is strange planning for the blanks and doubles with no chips as a comfort blankie!
Out of interest who are your 7 missing? I only have 3 (KDB, Sterling & Lund) so afraid im missing some games !! ( City, Arse, SU and Villa?)
I am tripled on MC and SU, and also have Grealish. I also have Haller who I punted on for the DGW as I had a spare transfer I would lose, so at some point he ought to depart as well.

I could use 4 transfers at zero cost and bench the other 4 I suppose, but how to use the WC in this game?

Feels like I should be saving it for the likely madness in GW31-34 because at some point in there a major shift of squad is likely to become necessary, but as you say with no other chips available I am wondering if this makes the WC incredibly valuable, or of less benefit.

Anyone have any thoughts on how best to use it in GW31 and beyond?

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Didn't make up as much ground with Salah captain this time around - the obvious move was to replace Mane with him and give him the armband.

Did anyone still in contention not give Salah the captaincy this week? :shock:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I kept the armband on TAA. Just had a feeling they would CS but that it would be a low scoring game and that Salah wouldn’t haul.

That said I’m not in contention yet.,,,still hovering on the money spots

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”