To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Women's World Cup

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Women's World Cup

Post by blahblah »

bspittles wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 08:45 And yet you've now replied three times in a topic on women's football :-)

Don't like it? Don't read it! (for the same reason I don't read topics on golf or rugby)
You should give Women's Golf a watch 😉

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Zimmerman wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 18:12 You seem to be confusing two things;

A) women pundits for men’s game
B) women’s football

The two are not linked.

Do you have any issue with men commentating on women’s tennis?

Or men commentating on women’s football?
Or men managing women’s teams?
Or women being bank managers?
Or women being journalists?
Women being allowed out of the kitchen?

There are loads of really really shit male pundits. I don’t differentiate between the sexes. If they are good, they are good. If they are shit, they are shit.

As long as they are NOT Jamie Redknapp, Paul Merson, Andy Townsend, Jim Beglin, Alan Smith, Stuart Pearce, Danny Murphy then that’s definitely a plus point in my eyes.
I wondered when we’d get to the Godwin’s Law equivalent moment for this thread, of Dot listing the activities he thinks women should be restricted to :wink:

Agree that the female pundits are no worse than the male ones on average (not that that’s saying much!) You can mute the pundits in any case. And I think Kelly Cates is better than any of the male live match anchors on Sky at the present time...

I have to admit, the prominence certain media outlets have started to give women’s domestic football does feel rather out of line with its actual following at the moment (and can cause confusion on occasions when they list fixtures/results etc. without specifying...) But I suppose the only way it will grow and develop is by giving it a bit of a push, and given the Dots/Andy Grays at the FA actually banned it completely until the 1970s :shock: it’s maybe fair enough to do so.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

There is definitely a PC agenda being pushed but whether or not that is a good thing depends on your POV.

IMO Women's football is too poor quality to be able to watch so I don't. I did follow how we got on at the World cup but suppose I did the same with netball and men's egg chasing, other sports I don't watch. Only proper analysis of viewing figures will tell you the truth of whether it deserves to be on (for non PC reasons).

As for female pundits, I haven't seen many lately but barely watch the punditry. There was certainly a phase of deliberate pushing of them a few months back. One I saw was quite good, the rest dull or annoying... so not much different to the blokes.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Just waiting for Ellen White to be nominated and then win BBC SPOTY

(Edit: didn't happen)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Regarding the quality, judging on the basis of World Cups etc. it has improved significantly over the years (even the goalkeeping, which used to be comically bad more often than not). And I guess the only way it will improve further is by more coverage which inspires more girls to start playing.

I’d guess most of us on here aren’t the real target audience anyway, I mean our football viewing habits are long established and we don’t really have the time for another bunch of teams/leagues to follow. The success or otherwise will be judged by participation and viewing figures among the younger generations.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

B) women’s football

The two are not linked.

There are loads of really really shit male pundits. I don’t differentiate between the sexes. If they are good, they are good. If they are shit, they are shit.

As long as they are NOT Jamie Redknapp, Paul Merson, Andy Townsend, Jim Beglin, Alan Smith, Stuart Pearce, Danny Murphy then that’s definitely a plus point in my eyes.
Don't start me on womens tennis, I cant stand tennis and women get paid parity for playing 2 sets less ffs.

I don't watch womens football but believe a woman should be commenrtating.

Phil Neville is a wink with no track record other than failure. Sack him I won't be losing sleep.

No problem with bank managers I'm on about sports primarily where there is no comparison between men and women when it's blindingly obvious there's a vast difference in superiority.

The best cooks are men apparently but my wife ain't bad.

Add the whole of soccer Saturday to ur list especially Stelling Thompson Nicholas Merson K.a mate and the guest non entity woman whoever it is.

I'd have Gary Neville and Roy Keane doing MOTD and calling it as it is without OTT theatrics or trying to be funny and arse-lick.

Linekar can eff right off too the overpaid pompous twit.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Dot wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 10:15

B) women’s football

The two are not linked.

Don't start me on womens tennis, I cant stand tennis and women get paid parity for playing 2 sets less ffs.

Phil Neville is a wink with no track record other than failure. Sack him I won't be losing sleep.

No problem with bank managers I'm on about sports primarily where there is no comparison between men and women when it's blindingly obvious there's a vast difference in superiority.

Add the whole of soccer Saturday to ur list especially Stelling Thompson Nicholas Merson K.a mate and the guest non entity woman whoever it is.

I'd have Gary Neville and Roy Keane doing MOTD and calling it as it is without OTT theatrics or trying to be funny and arse-lick.

You're a very confused little boy Dot. Or is ir girl?

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Surprised wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 14:16
Dot wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 10:15

B) women’s football

The two are not linked.

You're a very confused little boy Dot. Or is ir girl?
Listen ugly, just because your Politics thread is dying a death with the enivitable outcome, you shouldn't be entering topics where u ain't got a Scooby.

Get back to the picket line with Steve Bray

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Can we stick to the topic without the name calling please gents, the women's world cup was an entertaining competition for those of us who follow the game and the standard of play is improving all the time imo.
The more people watching and playing the better it will be for the football game as a whole independent of gender.
Now we have more televised coverage it will help to create roll models for the young players to look up to and encourage more to play the game, I hope.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Oxford NZ wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 19:13 Now we have more televised coverage it will help to create roll models for the young players to look up to and encourage more to play the game, I hope.
That’s a bit harsh, they don’t dive like the men do :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”