To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mount or Pulisic?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Mount or Pulisic?

Mount
37%
Pulisic
49%
Both
10%
Neither
4%

Total votes: 78

gray821
Treebeard

Mount or Pulisic?

Post by gray821 »

With Pulisic finding form, this now feels an interesting question. I've had Mount since the first few weeks, and he's done really well, but has been more quiet lately. Is this due to Pulisic starting? It feels like Pulisic has been well-managed, he had a break when he was struggling and now looks really good. Is he worth that little bit more money over Mount? I don't think both is a good option, but including it in the poll.

matmutte
FISOhead

Re: Mount or Pulisic?

Post by matmutte »

I watched the Chelsea game yesterday and was quite impressed with Pulisic. He’s more an attacking threat compared to Mount and clearly a superior talent. I’m only worried about rotation risk with CHO, while Mount’s position in the team is safer.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I still prefer Mount only because CHO is competing with Pulisic for the LW position while Mount seems to have secured his position in the starting XI already. If Mount's underlying stats were poor then I'd consider the switch but they appear to be quite good still.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Resonare wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 10:28 If Mount's underlying stats were poor then I'd consider the switch but they appear to be quite good still.
Yeah, he was unlucky not to score yesterday with a great shot that was turned onto the crossbar by Foster, and another good effort early in the second half. Still has a share of corners and free kicks too. As long as he keeps ticking along with the odd assist or goal here and there he's a hold for me.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I'm regretting taking Mount out on my wildcard after getting him in at 6.0m. I'm even looking at ways of getting him back in at his current price.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Tall Paul wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 15:00 I'm regretting taking Mount out on my wildcard after getting him in at 6.0m. I'm even looking at ways of getting him back in at his current price.
+1

Might even come in this week for D Silva if he's out for some time.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

I’ve gone both for one week only. Had Mount for a few weeks but Pulisic is in fine form and (I think) I read that Frank essentially will keep playing whoever is producing. Once someone’s form fades that’s when they’ll be rotated. Whoever gets the least next week at home to Palace makes way for a budget midfielder.

AtALanta
Kevin and Perry

Post by AtALanta »

ajcairns wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 16:09 I’ve gone both for one week only. Had Mount for a few weeks but Pulisic is in fine form and (I think) I read that Frank essentially will keep playing whoever is producing. Once someone’s form fades that’s when they’ll be rotated. Whoever gets the least next week at home to Palace makes way for a budget midfielder.

What’s funny with Lampard saying that is he dropped Alonso, who had been playing very well of late, immediately for the return of Emerson yesterday. He’s not quite on the same level of rotational surprises as Pep, but he does like to mix it up a bit when you’re not expecting it, which makes buying Chelsea midfielders at least a bit of a gamble I think. Mount does seem nailed on at the moment though, and Hudson-Odoi would surely be a great bit of investment at his current price if we only knew that he’d be a regular before long, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Reviving this because Pulisic looks like he’s earned himself an extended run in the team. There’s talk about dropping Mount but Mount is still racking up shots and key passes. They’ll turn into points eventually.

The question for me is whether to ditch Tomori for a Chelsea triple up in attack. It seems to be a case of pick two from Pulisic/Mount/Tomori.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Holding Mount due to SV and see how it pans out for Chelsea. They are out performing my expectations so I sort of expect a slump in form at some stage.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

I'll be having both soon. Yarmolenko needs to go but can probably wait until after City vs Chelsea.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Chelsea look to have one of the strongest attacks but not necessarily one of the best defences. So a triple up on their attack could work. I'm not sure I can use transfers removing Tomori right now though and after City they have three home games in four fixtures all offering decent clean sheet potential.

So a hold on the popular Tomori/Mount/Abraham trio for me for now but I do really like Pulisic and will want him in at some point.

huwdo
FISOhead

Post by huwdo »

Did a -4 to swap Mount for Pulisic this week. Turned into a +1. So not too bad... Partly driven by expected price changes.

I feel like Pulisic is on form but agree with others that he’s probably more of a rotation risk than Mount long-term, especially around Christmas congestion.

However, if I’d done my research a bit more I may not have hit confirm on the transfer. Real concern now that Pulisic won’t travel back from international duty (Cuba Wed 20th) in time for the Saturday match at Man City.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ajcairns »

The attacking triple up did okay for me this week but after next week Digne will become Tomori/Emerson after I downgrade Mount or Pulisic to someone.

t88
Treebeard

Post by t88 »

Can I throw in Maddison in the mix? Who to choose between Mount (currently 6.8), Pulisic and Maddison (both currently 7.4)?

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Mount:
PRO: Considered essential. Has no direct competition (ironically the most likely is Pulisic). Has started even when flagged at least twice so far.
CON: Doesn't seem that involved in the finale though does occasionally get shots off. I've seen him drop into midfield swapping with e.g. Barkley

Pulisic:
PRO: Sometimes looks like an unpolished Hazard. Other times does things Hazard doesn't do like going for goal rather than passing. Is full of confidence right now and will try anything.
CON: Can potentially drop off in games. Is probably 1.5 poor games from being dropped for CHO.

I remember before Pulisic was dropped earlier in the season he could have had about 4 assists in one game had his teammates converted their chances. I had him in my team then :roll:

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

I got Mount at 6.2m and will be keeping him, feel he's exceptional value. If you sort midfielders by minutes played, it's basically him, Tielemans, McGinn and loads of defensive midfielders. The fact he's seemingly nailed on will be a big help over the Christmas games, and he's been playing well recently imo, unlucky not to be in the points alongside Pulisic.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Nailer6245 wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 11:22 I got Mount at 6.2m and will be keeping him, feel he's exceptional value. If you sort midfielders by minutes played, it's basically him, Tielemans, McGinn and loads of defensive midfielders. The fact he's seemingly nailed on will be a big help over the Christmas games, and he's been playing well recently imo, unlucky not to be in the points alongside Pulisic.
I think it's very likely he won't start all matches in Christmas period.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

math! wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 10:37 Mount:
PRO: Considered essential. Has no direct competition (ironically the most likely is Pulisic). Has started even when flagged at least twice so far.
CON: Doesn't seem that involved in the finale though does occasionally get shots off. I've seen him drop into midfield swapping with e.g. Barkley
A CON from a fantasy point-of-view is that his price is being relentlessly and rapidly driven downwards - he’s clearly identified as a “sell” which is great pity for those in the “hold” camp.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ajcairns »

it's a toss up between these two for me when looking to reduce down from 3 CHE (Abraham being the other) at some point in the next few GWs. Will ship Pulisic for the extra cash if they remain so close in performance.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

No way I'm ditching mount anytime soon. Paid 6.3 and is a Lampard favourite. He still gets in and around the box a decent amount and the points will come. Great value

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

Wilian

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

bulgarche wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 19:17Wilian
Funnily enough I was pondering him.....

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

cesc408 wrote:No way I'm ditching mount anytime soon. Paid 6.3 and is a Lampard favourite. He still gets in and around the box a decent amount and the points will come. Great value
Keeping a player because of money Image

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

McNeil has as many goals and assists as Mount Martial and King

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Aren’t Mount and Pulisic basically equivalent?

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Stu255 wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 18:34 Aren’t Mount and Pulisic basically equivalent?
I suspect they end up around the same points. Mount 0.6 cheaper and a lot of people bought him early so got him closer to 1m+ cheaper than Pulisic currently is.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I went for the riskier Pullasiky ie lower ownership and higher ceiling than the more likely to be consistent higher owned Mount.

Im not sure jumping either way is going to help much.....

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ajcairns »

On the face of it yes, there’s only three points between them. However the recent stats suggest Pulisic is a way ahead of Mount. He’s only not assisted/scored in one of the six matches he’s started. Just not sure he’s as secure as Mount seems to be, but that will only improve as he keeps performing.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Luckily I've had Mount for a few weeks now but will keep a close eye on Pulisic as I can see me swapping to him quite soon if his place looks secure.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”