To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

OK I'm old...

A forum for general discussion on subjects and topics that do not fit anywhere else.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

OK I'm old...

Post by blahblah »

Jamie Collen (sp) on dual presenting duties with Jools :shock: :roll:

If Mr Holland wasn't a big enough...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: OK I'm old...

Post by blahblah »

To add salt to the wound of greed Bernie Ecclestone gets interviewed, though he can hardly speak and BBC2 Jamie gets to play shite from his new album. Admittedly this could have been worse if Jools was able to tinker his ivories and ebonies....

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Yes, you are

close thread

:wink:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Used to love watching the Jools Holland show.

Lost interest in it years ago, when it appeared to go too mainstream (and he became too annoying).

Once upon a time it was a great source for new music.
Im not sure if it stopped doing that... or the advent of 6Music and streaming put paid to that role?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Not sure at all about the co'hosting rubbish but, more importantly, the music this series has been appalling. Not seen it all yet but the names I am yet to see are generaly of zero interest.

Is it a deliberate musical change?

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

I rarely watch but caught a bit a few weeks ago. It was Simon Le Bon's daughter (pretty sure) and my God she was awful. Some dreary whining noise and that put me off listening to any more!

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

el_pappje wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 15:57 I rarely watch but caught a bit a few weeks ago. It was Simon Le Bon's daughter (pretty sure) and my God she was awful. Some dreary whining noise and that put me off listening to any more!
I thought she may be his daughter but I now don't think she is. All I do know is that she is Welsh. I thought she was so intriguing that I have one of her albums waiting to be opened at Christmas. It's funny old world. :)

By the way how old is old? :?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

el_pappje wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 15:57 I rarely watch but caught a bit a few weeks ago. It was Simon Le Bon's daughter (pretty sure) and my God she was awful. Some dreary whining noise and that put me off listening to any more!
Presume you mean Cate Le Bon (I looked this up at the time!)......

"Born Cate Timothy, she credits her stage name to "a joke that went too far". The specifics are forgotten but she thinks she was watching the Brit awards one year and Simon Le Bon was on. Her boyfriend and bandmate, Huw Evans, who records in his own right as H Hawkline, was helping her to make a poster for a show. He put on the surname as a tease "and it stuck"."

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Spinynorman wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 16:06
I thought she may be his daughter but I now don't think she is. All I do know is that she is Welsh. I thought she was so intriguing that I have one of her albums waiting to be opened at Christmas. It's funny old world. :)

Old is about 10 years older than you actually are at any given time...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 16:44

😂😂😂😂

Which means you are at least 40, as younger than that is increasing less all the way down to 1 year for 4 year olds 😉

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 16:49
forestfan wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 16:44

😂😂😂😂

Which means you are at least 40, as younger than that is increasing less all the way down to 1 year for 4 year olds 😉
Yeah, not by that much though... can probably work out from the mid-80s baseline to my football memories!

I think when you’re a bit further down the age scale, you can probably replace with “old is about 10 years older than your parents are”...

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

I'm older than I used to be.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

All parents are old to kids until you start fancying friends' mothers :|

And you know you're old when it is their daughters 😨

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Spinynorman wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 16:56 I'm older than I used to be.
And closer to death. 😢

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Being young’s overrated anyway... pressure to conform, no money, exams, shit booze...

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

forestfan wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 17:39 Being young’s overrated anyway... pressure to conform, no money, exams, shit booze...

I do like quality booze. :mrgreen:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Youth is wasted on the young.

My only wish would be for a less creaky and falling apart body....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Spinynorman wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 18:31
forestfan wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 17:39 Being young’s overrated anyway... pressure to conform, no money, exams, shit booze...

Exactly... cheap stuff that gets you pissed holds little to no attraction these days!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 19:21
Spinynorman wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 18:31

Exactly... cheap stuff that gets you pissed holds little to no attraction these days!
:|

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Stuff (That Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!)”