To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Admin's FPL Team - circa 10k overall

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Admin's FPL Team - circa 10k overall

Post by admin »

TFF has always been my game (finishing 2nd & 3rd and winning the superior TFFO one year) and it was with sadness I didn't enter any TFF teams this year following their game changes (after probaby around 25 years of playing TFF) but at least I can concentrate on my FPL team (I also have a couple of FanTeam entries). I've been meaning to post about my team and now have a Friday free in which to do so.

Here's my GW history.
fiso-fpl-team-GW10-history.jpg
As you can see an early wildcard played in GW4 (nearly played it in GW3 but waited another week for more info) which gave the team a big boost rising from 274k to 27.4k and reaching a high of 4,574 overall in GW6. Things have stalled a bit since then but popular picks have struggled. My captain pick has been pretty poor so the team has done well despite bad armband picks. I'm 10th in the FISO League and top 10 of that is always hard to get into (currently 1,222 entries).

The aim of my Wildcard was to ensure I had 3 x Liv and 3 x MC (who are dominating the EPL) plus bringing in Mount & Abraham from Chelsea (good value) as well as in-form striker Pukki (and Haller). I left the GKs unchanged. The Liv full-backs looked like they ought to accumulate points even if not keeping a CS so I went for them plus Salah. I've had KDB & Zinchenko (subsequently sold for Otamendi) since the start but also brought in Bilva via the WC.

Current team is:
fiso-fpl-team-GW10.jpg
Squad value is £102.3 per website (and £100.6m per the app) and £0.7m in the bank (both web and app agree!).

I've used 1 of my 2 FT this week to transfer out Pukki last night and bring in Jimenez. Pukki was going to be in 3rd place on my bench anyway having not scored since GW5 and with Norwich having to put more of a focus on defence given the goals leaked. Whilst Jimenez played last night for 90 minutes (scoring a penalty) he has 1 goal, 2 assists and 5 bonus points in his last 2 games and Wolves' run of games coming up until Xmas look decent despite Europa distraction added to which Wolves' have picked up their results after their slow start to the season.

I doubt I'll use my 2nd FT as I like having 2 FTs in hand in case of urgent restructuring. Otamendi and Robertson look pretty certain to play on Sunday and if TAA recovers from his man-flu he will too. Lundstrum and Tomori are good bench replacements anyway and it's a pity the former has been on my bench too often this season. In midfield Mount, Bilva, Salah and KDB should all start and a good chance of points. The enabler, Saka, is due some points and I think should start at home to Palace. Up front are Abraham and the just-bought Jimenez (fingers crossed not rested on Sunday v Newcastle) along with Haller who could be for the chop soon if the next 2 (home) fixtures don't produce something despite WH having flair players supplying him. If I did use my remaining FT it might be to ship Heaton out as Villa have a pretty difficult fixture set coming up and I can only see 1 clean sheet in the next 7 matches. But after tomorrow's home match v Chelsea, Burnley's next 4 fixtures are pretty good so I'd be probably playing Pope anyway.

KDB has the captain's armband (in line with the FISO Captain Poll for GW10) with Salah VC although, as I keep getting this wrong, expect Salah to get a couple of goals v Spurs.

I'm also aware of GW18 when I'll have 4 players missing (with West Ham v Liverpool postponed) so will have to make a slight shift near then.

Other Chips are being saved for DGWs nearer the end of the season.

I'll try and add further thoughts/actions each week.

Comments always welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: Admin's FPL Team - circa 10k overall

Post by raoul »

good start, well done.

And 15 starters, so great cover (and at fairly low cost).

Presume you are thinking consolidate for now, no need to take risks? I would be nervous not having Sterling, but if you can get through the next couple of games the advantage seems to swing away from him a bit so you could be sitting pretty.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

raoul wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 13:21 good start, well done.

And 15 starters, so great cover (and at fairly low cost).

Presume you are thinking consolidate for now, no need to take risks? I would be nervous not having Sterling, but if you can get through the next couple of games the advantage seems to swing away from him a bit so you could be sitting pretty.
Just keep an eye on my players out of form (Haller?) and players hitting form e.g. Hudson-Odoi. Many managers are still buying the players I already have (e.g. KDB, Abraham, Lundstrum).

I took the view from the start that rather than Sterling I'd go for KDB (and Salah). KDB likely to pick up points when Sterling does and was much cheaper. If Salah looks completely out of sorts (which he did for a while last season) or gets injured then will need the 2 FTs to switch to Sterling as will need to sell Otamendi (or Bilva) first.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

As a Liverpool fan I can tell you Salah is just not quite himself at the moment. Good player still and will get plenty of points but not the FF superstar he was.
Gladly sold him from my TFF teams a couple of weeks back when he got a knock as Mane, Sterling and KdB are better VFM.
Can't comment with FPL specific POV but I would advise losing him when other things fall into place.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

murf wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 14:59 As a Liverpool fan I can tell you Salah is just not quite himself at the moment. Good player still and will get plenty of points but not the FF superstar he was.
Gladly sold him from my TFF teams a couple of weeks back when he got a knock as Mane, Sterling and KdB are better VFM.
Can't comment with FPL specific POV but I would advise losing him when other things fall into place.
Well due to similar concerns I sold Salah for Sterling today in my best FanTeam side which has done well despite not enough MC players. So at least if £ goes ballistic tomorrow (without KDB or Bilva getting in on the act as well) and Salah blanks v Spurs, that team should get into the top 200 in FanTeam as my FPL drops away from the top 10k.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Just 3 assists and 1 goal resulted in 42 points (v average 49) meant only the 2nd red arrow after 10 GWs & down to 55k overall.

Lundstram finally came off the bench to count but only with a measley 2 points!

Surprised that Otamendi (£5.5m) didn't start (must be out of favour as said he'd recovered from his back issues) and it looks like he needs to go. I assume Fernadinho's 2YC/1RC means his suspension is only tonight in the League Cup so likely to be Stones and Fernandinho at CB in GW11 but who knows with Pep. Holding defensive MC assets (apart from Ederson) looks as risky as betting on the date of Brexit.

Looks like the main replacement options are Rico (£4.2m), Janmaat (£4.3m), Lascelles (£4.4m), Soyuncu (£4.7m) or maybe Chilwell (£5.5m). Given that I already have a strong defence (Robertson & TAA plus Tomori & Lundstram) and ideally I could do with upgrading from Haller to Vardy this or next week, I think Otamendi's replacement should be cheap to help with the budget, so Rico looking favourite. Generally will be playing 343 i.e. Robertson & TAA and ANO.

As I have 2 FTs, the next question is do I also a) move from Salah to Sterling which would be possible once Otamendi sold or b) upgrade Haller to Vardy. With Salah playing whilst not 100% fit (or at least not 100% fit for 100% of the match time) and Sterling likely to play at home to Southampton who just got walloped (and Haller has a home fixture v Newcastle) it looks like option a) this week and b) next week. MC's CL mid-week match next week is on a Wednesday so Pep less concerned about resting players for the home match v the Saints. My midfield would then have 3 MC players Sterling, KDB & Bilva plus Mount (and the enabler Saka).

It doesn't help that a lot of managers will be selling Aguero and buying Vardy thus pushing his price up again (already up £0.1m this GW) but by saving £1.3m on Otamendi to Rico and having £0.7m in the bank plus some change from swapping Salah to Sterling I should still have enough funds to bring in Vardy next GW. Vardy is currently £9.2m and Haller £7.4m. Front 3 would then be Vardy, Jimenez and Abraham.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I think the rules around suspensions have changed for the League Cup. I know that Maguire is out for Sunderland tonight because he's accumulated cards in that tournament.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

bspittles wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 16:25 I think the rules around suspensions have changed for the League Cup. I know that Maguire is out for Sunderland tonight because he's accumulated cards in that tournament.
MC v Sot is underway without Fernandinho and reports were he was suspended. So must be free for the weekend and he's not noted as out on FPL.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

thefa.com have his suspension ending tonight

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 14:59 As a Liverpool fan I can tell you Salah is just not quite himself at the moment. Good player still and will get plenty of points but not the FF superstar he was.
Interesting. Any reason\theory as to why not himself?

What about the defence and lack of CS's?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:

Just not quite working for him and he knows it.

CS allegedly do to pushing up more but not convinced on that personally - more that games are closer so we aren't dominating.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 21:00
blahblah wrote:

Just not quite working for him and he knows it.

CS allegedly do to pushing up more but not convinced on that personally - more that games are closer so we aren't dominating.
I had it down to the midfield 3, tbh - but don't watch as much as you or as closely...

In FPL (at start of season) I had 3 Lpool Defs as I did in the second half or end of last season as Klopp seemed more interested in winning than scoring loads. Yet this season the CS's aren't there. If thry were then Mosa Lah is sn easier sell. Atm (with Robbo VvD and Mosa) its like treading water waiting for CSes or Mo to fire...

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Back to green arrows with 72 points (53 average) largely thanks to Lundstram (who I played as had sold Otamendi) and now 43k overall despite only 7 points from 4 midfielders (incl £ as captain). Robertson and TAA contributed 16 pts despite no clean sheet. Looks like a lot of teams around me have Lei defenders which I don't have. I'd brought in Rico for Otamendi but Soyuncu was one of the options. Swapping Sala for Mane rather than Sterling would have helped.

Haller now sold and Vardy brought in. Front 3 now Vardy, Jimenez & Abraham. Will field those 3 attackers in GW12 plus Rico, Lundstram & Tomori and then 4 from the remaining 7 (doubt Mount will play as he's due a rest even if recovered from limping off mid week).

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Seems your season is going well :)
Shameless plug for the divisionals - Did you want to re register your team in the FISO divisionals as you played in S14? I am trying to get enough new sign ups to start a 6th division for Round 3.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Oxford NZ wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 18:54 Seems your season is going well :)
Shameless plug for the divisionals - Did you want to re register your team in the FISO divisionals as you played in S14? I am trying to get enough new sign ups to start a 6th division for Round 3.
😎😎😎

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Sure.

I'm not adverse to my own shameless plugs.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

admin wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 20:33
Sure.

I'm not adverse to my own shameless plugs.
ONZ is my fave FISO Pitbull with him taking over one of our 2 best Individual Comps.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

74 points despite leaving 10 points from Bilva as 1st sub bench. Up to 25k overall.

Have 3 Chelsea players away to Man City next.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Saka out and Guendouzi in.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

61 points in GW 13 (average 49) and dropped slightly to 30k overall. Lack of Liv clean sheets hurting, partic when Lei keeping the ball out of their net.

Probably no transfers this week as have 8 players at home and just the 3 Man City midfielders away (to Newcastle) meaning 2 FTs next GW so could do a bit of restructuring then looking at Lei & Spurs players.

Probably will captain Vardy again. Hope Abraham fully fit after his knock and Jimenez not too tired. Expecting Mount to start this week.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

admin wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 10:56 Hope Abraham fully fit after his knock and Jimenez not too tired. Expecting Mount to start this week.
With Abraham ruled out and no definite word he might make the next match mid-week I've taken the plunge and removed him using my 1 FT for Danny Ings who has favourable fixtures coming up.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

61 points (average 51) and up to 18k overall.

9 point boost from gamble with Ings helped, although sounds like Tammy could be back next match. Again no LIV CS but TAA still got 10 pts. LEI conceded which helped my rise up the table.

Considering Bilva to Alli for next transfer but probably not this gameweek. Again only the MC midfielders are Away this GW.

Armband likely to be on Vardy yet again (H to WAT) & VC on Jimenez (H to WHU).

Do I bench Lundstrum (H to New) or Bilva (A to BUR)?? Or maybe Robertson (H derby v EVE) who's sore ankle is causing him issues?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

48 pts (average 49). Down to 37k overall. Another 9 pts from Ings helped although pity Abraham matched him.

Brought Dele Alli in for Bilva (getting rotated with Marhez) early in the GW. May captain him rather than Vardy as Burnley looking a bit weary and Dele playing high up the field.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

59 points (avge 54) in GW16 and down to 50k overall. Captained Alli for 18 pts but Vardy would have been 26.

Kelly in for Tomori. Armband on Vardy. Saving 2 FTs for GW18 as both Liv players not playing.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

74 points (average 56) thanks largely to KDB. Up to 25k overall.

A Liv clean sheet but yet again only one of my defenders playing 60 mins+. Due to that and Liverpool fixtures have now sold Robertson for AWB with MU games looking okay.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

You're having a good season there Admin 8-)

Something puzzles me each time this thread is bumped ... wouldn't it get more attention/comment/input in the RMT/Blog forum? With the exception of the STC thread seasonal team self commentaries are it's mainstay and it's an active place.

... just saying ...

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

oh ... and on the subject of the RMT forum and things that I think about when prompted but then completely forget about later ..

Wouldn't a better title be warranted - "FPL Team Questions (e.g. RMTs/Transfers/Captaincies)" doesn't really describe it. The more active posters in that forum would be able to come up with something better than me so I won't try but I do think it probably needs to be more reflective of it's content. (ditto Description)

/tangent

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

RomynPG wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 18:31 You're having a good season there Admin 8-)

Something puzzles me each time this thread is bumped ... wouldn't it get more attention/comment/input in the RMT/Blog forum? With the exception of the STC thread seasonal team self commentaries are it's mainstay and it's an active place.

... just saying ...
I’ve been waiting for a Mod to be brave enough to move this for weeks! :lol:

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 19:11 I’ve been waiting for a Mod to be brave enough to move this for weeks! :lol:
They're all chicken 🐥. Had to move it myself.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

admin wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 21:32
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 19:11 I’ve been waiting for a Mod to be brave enough to move this for weeks! :lol:
They're all chicken 🐥. Had to move it myself.
Didn't you pick all of them?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”