To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

What to do with Aguero

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Best option?

Keep and Captain
55%
Keep but don’t captain
13%
Sell for Aubameyang, who also has 2 decent home games coming up
16%
Sell for someone else (please name in thread)
16%

Total votes: 38

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

What to do with Aguero

Post by Archy »

2 benchings in the last 3 weeks, 2 great home games coming up.

I’m confused......What are we going to do with Aguero :?:

Poll added!

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: What to do with Aguero

Post by Stevieste »

I dont have him but if it was me id defo keep and captain him and pick a good vice just in case.

But he is to good to miss many more games for them this season imo

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Stay calm and captain Aguero.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

It's Atalanta at home on Tuesday as well, you'd assume Aguero starts that one given he missed this weekend and then the question marks will be there for the weekend.

On the other hand being on the bench on Tuesday would be a good sign for his owners, so I'd wait at least until that game before deciding what to do.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Mav3rick wrote:It's Atalanta at home on Tuesday as well, you'd assume Aguero starts that one given he missed this weekend and then the question marks will be there for the weekend.

On the other hand being on the bench on Tuesday would be a good sign for his owners, so I'd wait at least until that game before deciding what to do.
Unless he gets injured Tuesday, Aguero should start (AVL). He'll start both of next two league games, with Jesus starting in the EFL cup.

Not so sure about (liv) but we'll know better after the midweek CL game. Then there's (CHE) after IB.

Selling Kun now would be a major error. I'm considering bringing him in!

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Mav3rick wrote: 20 Oct 2019, 15:08 It's Atalanta at home on Tuesday as well, you'd assume Aguero starts that one given he missed this weekend and then the question marks will be there for the weekend.

You can't really assume anything with Pep his rotation. Players have started the PL game after having started midweek CL game and players being benched twice in a row.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Agree with that! It's probably a case of hold if you own and be wary if you don't, in many ways it's a great situation for owners as few managers will transfer him in so you may well have an ideal GW10 captain.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

I've got rid can see aguero starting against atalanta and jesus starting again at the weekend especially as he scored yesterday got rid of him and pukki for vardy and the returning lacazette as differential hopefully lol

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

He will be my captain this week, after that hes gone for Vardy.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I have a feeling, based on what I think in past seasons, that Aguero generally starts home games and Jesus away games. If there is a chance this is the case, then then I simply can't remove him before the next two games.

It'd be nice to have a breakdown of what % the two centre forwards have started home/away.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

There's also a reasonable chance he doesn't get on the pitch in easy games as Man C will be handsomely winning so sticking the armband on him is slightly less risky. I'll obviously wait to see what transpires midweek but he'll probably be my captain GW10.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Tricky question. I just think a 12.2 valued player should play week in week out without the shadow of a doubt (bar the odd game), which is clearly not the case with Aguero. That’s a lot of money sitting on the bench....without any decent logic : this week Aguero was benched having not played during the IB, while Jesus played 90 minutes after playing almost 2 fuln games with Brazil.
It looks like Guardiola is willing to give Jesus more minutes this season.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes I agree. The only thing is, do we avoid all Man City then as they are rotation risks? Obviously Aguero might be getting more likely to be rotated with his age and Jesus improving. But I really can't think of anywhere I'd rather put the money for the next two games!

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

matmutte wrote: 20 Oct 2019, 19:39 Tricky question. I just think a 12.2 valued player should play week in week out without the shadow of a doubt (bar the odd game), which is clearly not the case with Aguero. That’s a lot of money sitting on the bench....without any decent logic : this week Aguero was benched having not played during the IB, while Jesus played 90 minutes after playing almost 2 fuln games with Brazil.
Aguero didn't play in the IB because he is managing an injury. That's also why he was benched. It's not predictable (due to a lack of info) but it isn't illogical.

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

I was also a bit worried about Aguero this week. Hard to pin point EXACTLY why but the poor performance vs Wolves, the sort of half injury news and the weird car crash probably all contributed to it. Definitely have to wait and see what happens in the CL game before making a decision but...
Sutter Kane wrote: 20 Oct 2019, 18:38 I have a feeling, based on what I think in past seasons, that Aguero generally starts home games
I also subscribe to this theory.

Something maybe worth noting is that Jesus did not pass to KDB for a certain goal when City were 0-2 up. This is a tight league and goal difference could count at the end plus of course 0-2 is not a guaranteed win anyway. I did think this might anger Pep but Aguero did the same thing last season in the opener against Arsenal and was not dropped (the next game was the game with infamous Jamie Jackson clickbait article). I have no idea what this might mean for AVL (H) :lol:

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

Keeping him for 2 more GW`s.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

hancockjr wrote: 20 Oct 2019, 20:23
matmutte wrote: 20 Oct 2019, 19:39 Tricky question. I just think a 12.2 valued player should play week in week out without the shadow of a doubt (bar the odd game), which is clearly not the case with Aguero. That’s a lot of money sitting on the bench....without any decent logic : this week Aguero was benched having not played during the IB, while Jesus played 90 minutes after playing almost 2 fuln games with Brazil.
Aguero didn't play in the IB because he is managing an injury. That's also why he was benched. It's not predictable (due to a lack of info) but it isn't illogical.
There may have been a degree of logic behind this benching, but there wasn’t any for his previous one away to Everton. That one came after Jesus had played 90 minutes away to Preston in the EFL Cup during the week. “OF COURSE” Aguero gets to play in the PL at the weekend we thought, only for him to start that game on the bench too :!:

I fear there is no logical pattern to this, which means it would be unwise to read much into what happens v Atalanta.

I agree with matmutte that £12m is too much to have question marks hanging over. It could well be the case that Jesus is going to play more this season than he did last, which will leave us guessing every week. Age could be a factor in this, Aguero is 31 now and Jesus still only 22.....

Overall the situation feels unsatisfactory to me.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

hancockjr wrote: 20 Oct 2019, 20:23
There is actually no evidence of an injury to Aguero (who played 90min before the IB and trained the full week before Palace). Guardiola said he played Jesus because he had more rythm than Aguero, having played twice for Brazil during the IB. So there’s a logic in here as well but just the exact opposite of what could have been expected. Fair to say, and as said by others already, it will be difficult to read anything from previous game to determine whether Aguero will play in a game or not.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

KDB was rested v Norwich, immediately before the opening CL game. That backfired.

Aguero rested v Everton before CL fixture 2 and rested v Palace before CL fixture 3. City won both games pretty comfortably.

Man City home v Southampton immediately before CL fixture 4, which could be a real banana skin for Aguero 'captainers'.

Games v Chelsea and Man U before CL 5&6.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

The issue isn't so much whether Aguero will get a rest , he will, all City players will, we know this , the issue is the games they get rested in are the lovely juicy home games . Sterling I think was rested v Hudds and Cardiff last year, KDB b Norwich and now Kun v Palace

He's now a high risk high reward player but you gotta take the benchings

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

The one good aspect is Pep will tend to not bring them on as a sub unless he really needs to. Makes having a bit of a flutter eigth atracker like Connolly more worthwhile than say a 4.5 two appearance point only mid. A solidly decent vice as well.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

Well I took at “wait and see” approach but considered him too big a risk to captain this week.

3rd benching in 4 weeks means it’s definitely time to get rid now. What a waste of space he’s been since I brought him in :roll:

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Archy wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 11:37 Well I took at “wait and see” approach but considered him too big a risk to captain this week.

3rd benching in 4 weeks means it’s definitely time to get rid now. What a waste of space he’s been since I brought him in :roll:
Yeah same with me. It seems Jesus is viewed by Pep as the better player at the moment, unless Aguero is still carrying an injury. The problem hasn't been the benchings for me, it's been he hasn't done enough damage when he's started. That Watford game was the 'one', a game he'd have scored hatricks in previous seasons - I said this at the time; I was extremely disappointed with 9 points and current events is the reason why. Underlyings said he should have had a 20 pointer but for some reason his finishing has been about 18% accurate as opposed to double that last season - one couldn't have known this though so I put this down to bad luck. I suppose on the benchings side, I think most people would have expected more starts for him.

This is FPL though, he'll probably get 20 points vs Southampton. And lots will have ditched him. :twisted:

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

No idea what to do with the Aguero money if I sell him. Sterling seems like the only alternative. I actually did the opposite just 3 weeks back :lol:

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Sutter Kane wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 11:47 This is FPL though, he'll probably get 20 points vs Southampton. And lots will have ditched him. :twisted:
Even so... you kind of have to follow the bandwagon to an extent.

Aguero to Vardy is likely to be a £0.5m delta this week and that’s worth about 8 or 9pts over the remaining games.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Stu255 wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 12:00
Sutter Kane wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 11:47 This is FPL though, he'll probably get 20 points vs Southampton. And lots will have ditched him. :twisted:
Even so... you kind of have to follow the bandwagon to an extent.

Aguero to Vardy is likely to be a £0.5m delta this week and that’s worth about 8 or 9pts over the remaining games.
£ 0.5m is a very optimistic scenario. First of all, it depends at what price you bought Agüero, as you should look at resale value. At the same time three price rises for Vardy might be a lot. Do not forget that Agüero is a big match player. I am convinced he will play against Liverpool and Chelsea from the start, unless he gets injured. So you also have to include the cost to get him back into your team, if you wish. For me he remains a keeper for the time being.

Newfounder
Treebeard
FS Record: poor, I always seem to finish nearer the bottom than the top

Post by Newfounder »

Aguero might be benched vs Southampton for Jesus and then who knows, especially with games vs Liverpool / Chelsea soon. All luck in the end, you pay your money you take your choice. No idea for now who to get in long tern if I sell him.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Hopefully the midweek game will give us some info

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Hopefully the midweek game will give us some info

theplayer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 3rd overall FPL 2010/11

Post by theplayer »

Blue Fire wrote: 28 Oct 2019, 03:44 Hopefully the midweek game will give us some info
Think i'll wait til after that game to decide.

If Jesus starts, then i think Aguero starts the league game. Or vice versa. Not that we can ever tell what Pep will do but i can't see Jesus starting 3 games in a week.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”