To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 9 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW 9 Captain

Aguero
13%
Sterling
24%
De Bruyne
5%
Mahrez
1%
Salah
3%
Mane
1%
Firmino
No votes
TAA
1%
Tammy
22%
Mount
No votes
Aubameyang
1%
Callum Wilson
12%
Josh King
1%
Kane
6%
Son
7%
Pukki
No votes
Vardy
2%
Maddison
No votes
Pereira
No votes
Other
1%

Total votes: 147

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

GW 9 Captain

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Captain choice may influence our transfers over the break. This week looks a little tricky with both Liverpool and City away to decently solid teams.

megadyl
FISOhead

GW 9 Captain

Post by megadyl »

Turd Ferguson wrote:Captain choice may influence our transfers over the break. This week looks a little tricky with both Liverpool and City away to decently solid teams.

Man Utd “decently solid”. ImageImageImageImageImage

I will be going for Salah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW 9 Captain

Post by cesc408 »

Aguero

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

I have it on Sterling at the minute with the memory of his 14-pointer away to Palace at the tail end of last season still fresh in the mind, but I'm tempted by Abraham.

Should I switch to Tammy or stand by my man? :mrgreen:

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Callum Wilson for me

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Joshua King.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

I should have pre-empted the United snark. Whenever a top team is underperforming, people come on here and post "They're pants, they're utter gash, etc., etc. etc." I'm not calling out anyone specifically. I see this constantly. People say it about Arsenal a lot and they used to say it about Liverpool pre-Klopp even though Liverpool was still a solidly above average team.

This isn't a good United team by historical standards but the fact is that they've allowed 8 goals this season, tied for 4th fewest in the league. They've only allowed 3 goals in 4 home games. Their xGA suggests they've even been slightly unlucky. When we're considering whether to captain someone against United, we should consider how good their defence is, and the numbers absolutely point to them being above average.

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

Turd Ferguson wrote:I should have pre-empted the United snark. Whenever a top team is underperforming, people come on here and post "They're pants, they're utter gash, etc., etc. etc." I'm not calling out anyone specifically. I see this constantly. People say it about Arsenal a lot and they used to say it about Liverpool pre-Klopp even though Liverpool was still a solidly above average team.

This isn't a good United team by historical standards but the fact is that they've allowed 8 goals this season, tied for 4th fewest in the league. They've only allowed 3 goals in 4 home games. Their xGA suggests they've even been slightly unlucky. When we're considering whether to captain someone against United, we should consider how good their defence is, and the numbers absolutely point to them being above average.

Sorry it was a cheap shot but just meant as a bit of banter.

In seriousness it’s very worrying because were 1 win away from equalling City’s record and no doubt united would love to stop us getting that.

I genuinely haven’t thought about who my captain will be but salah is probably most likely atm. Not statistically based, I just think we’ll win and he’s due a couple if goals.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Currently on Abraham, may switch to Josh King when I bring him in.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

megadyl wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 19:20
Turd Ferguson wrote:I should have pre-empted the United snark. Whenever a top team is underperforming, people come on here and post "They're pants, they're utter gash, etc., etc. etc." I'm not calling out anyone specifically. I see this constantly. People say it about Arsenal a lot and they used to say it about Liverpool pre-Klopp even though Liverpool was still a solidly above average team.

In seriousness it’s very worrying because were 1 win away from equalling City’s record and no doubt united would love to stop us getting that.

I genuinely haven’t thought about who my captain will be but salah is probably most likely atm. Not statistically based, I just think we’ll win and he’s due a couple if goals.

Yes, fair enough. United are certainly a ripe target for banter right now :) . Ole will be lucky if he's still in the job at the start of next season.

As I said, I'm not trying to start a flame war with anyone, it's just a common thing I see on this forum to be flippant towards top 6 teams (or even mid table like Everton or West Ham) that are not as good as the title challengers, and I think it distracts from making a measured decision. Even if a team is nowhere near as good as City, if they're the 5th or 6th best team then they're still a tough fixture.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 19:43 Ole will be lucky if he's still in the job at the start of next season.
Ole will be lucky if he's still in the job at the start of next year.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 20:20
Turd Ferguson wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 19:43 Ole will be lucky if he's still in the job at the start of next season.
Ole will be lucky if he's still in the job at the start of next year.
I think he'll be gone before next month.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 18:52 I have it on Sterling at the minute with the memory of his 14-pointer away to Palace at the tail end of last season still fresh in the mind, but I'm tempted by Abraham.

Should I switch to Tammy or stand by my man? :mrgreen:
I am also thinking of Sterling's good record vs Palace. But it might be a question of finding the early goal for ManCity.

Otherwise it is most likely a Chelsea player, Alonso or Tammy. However, I still need to find out whether Emerson will be back. If playing, Alonso might just edge it. Newcastle has only scored 5 goals so far, and Alonso has good assist as well as goal scoring potential.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

megadyl wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 18:40Man Utd “decently solid”. ImageImageImageImageImage
My thoughts, exactly :(

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

Interesting to see I’m the first to vote for Kevin. He’ll be my captain if fit.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Caf wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 22:08 Interesting to see I’m the first to vote for Kevin.
Danso or Long? Bold choice either way.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Have Aguero and Sterling but it’s still De Bruyne (C).

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

Stu255 wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 01:57 Have Aguero and Sterling but it’s still De Bruyne (C).
Same

SteveieB123
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SteveieB123 »

Came here to say Wilson.

Now reminded DB may well be back so now considering options....

Goooo Rickie
Treebeard

Post by Goooo Rickie »

Harry Kane anyone?

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 22:23
Caf wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 22:08 Interesting to see I’m the first to vote for Kevin.
Danso or Long? Bold choice either way.
:) don’t be silly, it’s obvious what I meant... which is of course that I’m convincing Kevin Nolan to come out of retirement

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 19:43
megadyl wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 19:20

Yes, fair enough. United are certainly a ripe target for banter right now :) . Ole will be lucky if he's still in the job at the start of next season.

As I said, I'm not trying to start a flame war with anyone, it's just a common thing I see on this forum to be flippant towards top 6 teams (or even mid table like Everton or West Ham) that are not as good as the title challengers, and I think it distracts from making a measured decision. Even if a team is nowhere near as good as City, if they're the 5th or 6th best team then they're still a tough fixture.
A sensible point made here. However, although the United defence is fairly solid, their attack is utterly anaemic, especially since Pogba and Martial have been injured. Is there a case for a TAA captaincy, in a week with no obvious captaincy candidate?

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Easy choice for me... Either Sterling, De Bruyne, Salah, Mount, Abraham or, if I bring him in, Vardy.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

TheRumourMill wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 11:04
A sensible point made here. However, although the United defence is fairly solid, their attack is utterly anaemic, especially since Pogba and Martial have been injured. Is there a case for a TAA captaincy, in a week with no obvious captaincy candidate?
Yeah, the odds of a Liverpool clean sheet must be good. If they were at home, I'd consider TAA. Tammy and Callum Wilson have good enough fixtures that I'd put them ahead of TAA though.

This fixture was 0-0 last year and United had to take off 3 players due to injury. Rashford played the whole second half with a knock. Liverpool must look back and see it as two points dropped that could have won them the title. Hopefully Klopp gives it a go this time against what will be one of the worst United lineups of the Premier League era, and that might lead to some chances for Rashford and James on the break.

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

I think now I’ve had time to look at it properly I’m leaning towards Son.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

megadyl wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 19:36 I think now I’ve had time to look at it properly I’m leaning towards Son.

This is 2019 😉

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

megadyl wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 19:36 I think now I’ve had time to look at it properly I’m leaning towards Son.

I am also on Son atm but that could change after the international matches.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Heads up guys the jinx is going for....

Sterling C Tammy V

Everyone get off Sterling now and save your season 🤣

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Stevieste wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 23:28 Heads up guys the jinx is going for....

Sterling C Tammy V

Don't you have Son?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 23:50
Stevieste wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 23:28 Heads up guys the jinx is going for....

Sterling C Tammy V

Don't you have Son?
Please stick with Sterling :wink: . Many thanks in advance.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”