To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL 2019/20

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

NFL 2019/20

Post by forestfan »

Well, it’s September, so it must be time for the longest off-season in sport to end... the retirement of Andrew Luck the biggest shock in a spring/summer of drafts, trades, holdouts, franchise tags and all the rest.

So, thoughts on the upcoming season, starting with the wooden spoon...

Who will take the #1 draft pick next year? The now forever Luckless Colts could yet contend, would be just like them to be in place take the top QB talent for the third time in a generation. Arizona may take time to develop in a brutal division, so could be them again. But the Dolphins made their intentions clear by trading their Pro Bowl left tackle this weekend. A streak of Fitzmagic may yet get them four or five wins, but if they don’t protect the mercurial veteran QB there’s little hope. The “Fish Tank” is underway.

Who will be MVP? I suspect a change of coach will bring a new lease of life for Aaron Rodgers, fitness permitting. It may not be enough for the Packers to win the division, or even make the play-offs, but they still have a QB with a ceiling as high as anyone’s.

Surprise contender? I’m looking at the Bay Area... the Niners with a fully fit Jimmy G and revitalised defence could get into the mix. Meanwhile the Raiders could be a basket case, or they could take off, in their last season before heading to Vegas.

Letdown of the season? I just wonder if the Chiefs won’t hit last season’s heights again. The running game and defence have too many questions. Mahomes won’t drop off a cliff, but teams have a year of tape on him now.

Who faces the Patriots in the AFC title game? Tempted to say the Chargers, but, well, they’re the Chargers. Injuries and bad luck will scupper them as ever. The Browns are being talked up but I’ll go for Pittsburgh, freed from the shackles of the Bell and Brown controversies.

The NFC roulette wheel this year stops on... The Saints have to have their luck hold out eventually. The two quadragenarian QBs to meet in the big one. Take that, millennials...

And the winners of Super Bowl LIV? Unfortunately I can’t see past the Patriots. No Gronk, no problem, even if they have been trying and failing all offseason to find a viable TE solution! A strong defence and young receiving corps marshalled by “Jerry January” Edelman, will carry Brady and Belichick to a seventh ring.

Let’s see how wide of the mark these predictions prove... any alternative thoughts?

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Re: NFL 2019/20

Post by Bob Newhart »

forestfan wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 19:52Who will take the #1 draft pick next year?
Redskins. 0-16.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Bob Newhart wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 21:56
forestfan wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 19:52Who will take the #1 draft pick next year?
Redskins. 0-16.
Which will make the Dolphins 1-15.

That Redskins v Dolphins game in Week 6 could be a hoot with both teams trying to get the #1 overall draft pick in 2020.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

The Dolphins have the Jets twice. 😉

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

blahblah wrote: 02 Oct 2019, 11:38 The Dolphins have the Jets twice. 😉
Redskins as well, once. That's a guaranteed 3 wins at least for NYJ.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”