To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Variable Price Changes

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Variable Price Changes

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

In the latest dreamteam email I’ve received they’ve finally explained how it all works, we can relax now :P

PLAYING THE STOCK MARKET

I'm often asked how player price change works. The most simple explanation is that players who are doing well go up in price while those that struggling drop in value. But it's a bit more complicated than that.

The most important thing to understand is that price change takes into account the whole season, not just their most recent performance. So, for example, if Harry Kane scores two hat-tricks in two games then draws a blank in the third, you can expect his price to keep rising because, in the context of the wider campaign, he's over-performing. The whole point of variable pricing is to match each player's price with their true worth in terms of points. Hence why it makes sense to judge a player on their overall season and not just their most recent game.

Based off your feedback, we restricted the maximum weekly price change to £0.1m in either direction. This is why it sometimes seems as if players are benefiting despite a quiet week. For example, Teemu Pukki (£2.4m) went up another £0.1m last week despite an unremarkable showing against West Ham. That's because his price still isn't aligned with his unexpectedly impressive points total. Right now, the Norwich poacher boasts a points tally you'd expect from a £8.0m forward. So it makes sense to keep pumping up his price, at least until he slows down.

It's all automated using a simple mathematic formula — we don't go through each player every week and decide manually, that would be insane. I hope that clears things up

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Re: Variable Price Changes

Post by Biddles32 »

Ex-Pro-Gaffer wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 12:45 In the latest dreamteam email I’ve received they’ve finally explained how it all works, we can relax now :P

PLAYING THE STOCK MARKET

I'm often asked how player price change works. The most simple explanation is that players who are doing well go up in price while those that struggling drop in value. But it's a bit more complicated than that.

The most important thing to understand is that price change takes into account the whole season, not just their most recent performance. So, for example, if Harry Kane scores two hat-tricks in two games then draws a blank in the third, you can expect his price to keep rising because, in the context of the wider campaign, he's over-performing. The whole point of variable pricing is to match each player's price with their true worth in terms of points. Hence why it makes sense to judge a player on their overall season and not just their most recent game.

Based off your feedback, we restricted the maximum weekly price change to £0.1m in either direction. This is why it sometimes seems as if players are benefiting despite a quiet week. For example, Teemu Pukki (£2.4m) went up another £0.1m last week despite an unremarkable showing against West Ham. That's because his price still isn't aligned with his unexpectedly impressive points total. Right now, the Norwich poacher boasts a points tally you'd expect from a £8.0m forward. So it makes sense to keep pumping up his price, at least until he slows down.

It's all automated using a simple mathematic formula — we don't go through each player every week and decide manually, that would be insane. I hope that clears things up
Whats the formula EPG? :D

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Not sure why they can’t share the “simple” formula 🤷‍♂️...Ah no, that’s right, it’s bollox !

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

I’ve done it 😁
CBDCE7EF-3CE5-43A6-A96B-F34A7CE15168.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

And based on that simple formula Tammy Abraham is up 0.1 regardless next Friday.
It’s not such good news for Pogba he’s dropping again.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Backlash wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 17:30 I’ve done it 😁

CBDCE7EF-3CE5-43A6-A96B-F34A7CE15168.jpeg
I actually think your close, thanks for 2 minutes of your time, I’ve used this to work out Sterling,Kane,Mount to name a few, it’s bang on, I think there’s a slight glitch on the 4th line down 17 across I think it should be a X...ya wally

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Yeah you’re right 😞

In my excitement of working out the formula I made a mistake in the 2nd Pythagorean theorem.

Keep it to yourself though Tom we’ve nailed this finally 😎

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Score/no. of Game Weeks

/ 40

= true price

Stick with me kids :wink:

Backlash
Dumbledore