To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

ENEMY - RMT (Wildcard GW5)

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
ENEMY
Wideboy
FS Record: I have finished Top 10K in FPL in 16/17, inside 100K in 17/18, 3K in 18/19

ENEMY - RMT (Wildcard GW5)

Post by ENEMY »

Hi folks. Any suggestions for my WC draft?

Pope Button
TAA Van Dijk Digne Söyüncü Lundstorm
Sterling KDB David Silva Son Cantwell
Abraham Pukki Barnes
Last edited by ENEMY on 12 Sep 2019, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Re: ENEMY - RMT

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Are you happy with your playing eleven (I'm assuming 3-4-3)? If yes, fine, otherwise you can squeeze out some cash out of that bench. Do like Silva and Son picks but we should be wary of rotation for European sides during this period.

ENEMY
Wideboy
FS Record: I have finished Top 10K in FPL in 16/17, inside 100K in 17/18, 3K in 18/19

Post by ENEMY »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 17:41 Are you happy with your playing eleven (I'm assuming 3-4-3)? If yes, fine, otherwise you can squeeze out some cash out of that bench. Do like Silva and Son picks but we should be wary of rotation for European sides during this period.
Yes. But pondering over Haller vs Abraham and trying to squeeze the extra money if I need Haller. No Salah is the only concern for now. I can't think of anything else! I can go for Salah with the below approach as well:

Van Dijk -> Kelly
Son -> Salah
Dilva -> Iwobi

And a front 3 of Haller - Abraham - Pukki (can get barnes in as well). Any suggestions?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

To Salah or not to Salah
If you don’t it looks very strong with options in each position. Presuming that Lundstrum, Soyuncu and Cantwell would typically be your bench then I don’t think you have much money wasted there at all, and all can step in when one of the first eleven has a tougher fixture.

ENEMY
Wideboy

Re: ENEMY - RMT (Wildcard GW5)

Post by ENEMY »

I tweaked a bit and got Mane in. Is this better?

Pope
TAA Digne Lundstorm
Sterling(C) KDB David Silva Mane(VC)
Haller Pukki Barnes
Sub: Mcgovern, Cantwell, Söyüncü, Kelly

That will be my exact funds. Preferring Haller over Abraham after Patricians predictions. And also CL rotation might effect Abraham. Leicester got tough fixtures but look great at back. So, I went for longterm option. Hopefully, Abraham (before GW5) and David Silva catches a raise and Martial drops of 0.1M. Then I could go David Silva -> Martial in 4/5 GW.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Looks good...I’d probably take Salah and Mount over Mane and Dilva, but it’s close, and it makes you more ‘templatey’ whether that’s good or bad!

You’d need a double rise on Dilva to make 0.1 after sales tax. The above move actually gives you 0.1 as well....

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

No reason why it can’t work but I personally wouldn’t have three from the same club in the same position. You have three City midfielders. All three have been in great form. I just prefer the extra flexibility.
I would also look at the defence. Whilst clean sheets have not yet been as predictable as they were last year there’s value to be had. Plus when I wild-carded last GW and had a draft with those x2 £4m players it was pointed out that neither were regular players for their clubs last year. I’d been working on the basis that if one lost his place the other would play. A couple of people pointed out the risk in that assumption. Time will tell on that (and what do I know? I played it safe with Boly who then got sent off!)

ENEMY
Wideboy

Post by ENEMY »

jacksosi wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 06:46 Looks good...I’d probably take Salah and Mount over Mane and Dilva, but it’s close, and it makes you more ‘templatey’ whether that’s good or bad!

You’d need a double rise on Dilva to make 0.1 after sales tax. The above move actually gives you 0.1 as well....
I got Dilva when he’s on 7.4M (1 raise). The idea is that Man City have got pretty solid next 7 fixtures attacking wise! David Silva’s minutes vs Mount’s consistency might be the key here. Of course, Salah vs Mane will be an issue as well.

ENEMY
Wideboy

Post by ENEMY »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 07:59 No reason why it can’t work but I personally wouldn’t have three from the same club in the same position. You have three City midfielders. All three have been in great form. I just prefer the extra flexibility.
I would also look at the defence. Whilst clean sheets have not yet been as predictable as they were last year there’s value to be had. Plus when I wild-carded last GW and had a draft with those x2 £4m players it was pointed out that neither were regular players for their clubs last year. I’d been working on the basis that if one lost his place the other would play. A couple of people pointed out the risk in that assumption. Time will tell on that (and what do I know? I played it safe with Boly who then got sent off!)
Thank you. But what would you suggest from the above to fit in Salah+Otamendi?

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

ENEMY wrote:
jacksosi wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 06:46 Looks good...I’d probably take Salah and Mount over Mane and Dilva, but it’s close, and it makes you more ‘templatey’ whether that’s good or bad!

I got Dilva when he’s on 7.4M (1 raise). The idea is that Man City have got pretty solid next 7 fixtures attacking wise! David Silva’s minutes vs Mount’s consistency might be the key here. Of course, Salah vs Mane will be an issue as well.
Ahh, ok.

I like the triple up, I say go for it Image

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

ENEMY wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 12:11
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 07:59 No reason why it can’t work but I personally wouldn’t have three from the same club in the same position. You have three City midfielders. All three have been in great form. I just prefer the extra flexibility.
The key there is Salah. I tried really hard to go without him and bottled it. I’m still on the fence about it as a decision and wouldn’t want to steer you one way or the other.
If you did go with him then (as well as Mané) the extra cash for me would have to come from one of the City mids. As jacksosi suggests a couple of posts above, it starts to look very ‘template’, the main decision being between another a base price midfielder or attacker. Whilst I’ve been typing he’s also recommended the x3 City and this is not to disagree, just present an alternative
FWIW I went with the cheap attacker. I can hop on and off two mid-price attackers (like you, currently Haller & Pukki; single moves to Abraham & Barnes respectively). I can also do the same between Mount, James, Trossard, etc. in midfield.

Without Salah you can have them all and then decide who to bench. Happy days apart from when he scores a brace, an assist and a couple of BPs.... and the majority have captained him :lol:

ENEMY
Wideboy

Post by ENEMY »

jacksosi wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 12:21
ENEMY wrote:

Ahh, ok.

I like the triple up, I say go for it Image
And Pools fixtures upto GW11 aren’t great attacking wise as well. So, I thought Salah vs Mane might be pretty even during this phase. Sterling will be my captain next 7 GW. After checking Pat’s predictions, I see that Salah+James(over Mount) trumps Mane+David Silva 😮. Now, I’m confused further.

ENEMY
Wideboy

Post by ENEMY »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 12:25
ENEMY wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 12:11
The key there is Salah. I tried really hard to go without him and bottled it. I’m still on the fence about it as a decision and wouldn’t want to steer you one way or the other.
If you did go with him then (as well as Mané) the extra cash for me would have to come from one of the City mids. As jacksosi suggests a couple of posts above, it starts to look very ‘template’, the main decision being between another a base price midfielder or attacker. Whilst I’ve been typing he’s also recommended the x3 City and this is not to disagree, just present an alternative
FWIW I went with the cheap attacker. I can hop on and off two mid-price attackers (like you, currently Haller & Pukki; single moves to Abraham & Barnes respectively). I can also do the same between Mount, James, Trossard, etc. in midfield.

Without Salah you can have them all and then decide who to bench. Happy days apart from when he scores a brace, an assist and a couple of BPs.... and the majority have captained him :lol:
Interesting. My bench for now would be Cantwell, Lundstorm, Kelly! I could see if Lundstorm/Kelly get dropped then it leaves me vulnerable at the back! But I see no standout defender below 5.5M for now.

ENEMY
Wideboy

Post by ENEMY »

After Laca's injury, I tweaked a bit and took some risk. This is the final draft.

Pope
TAA Digne Lundstorm
Sterling(C) KDB Son(VC) Pepe
Haller Pukki Barnes
Subs: Mcgovern, Lowton, Cantwell, Rico.
Last edited by ENEMY on 14 Sep 2019, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

I like it and would have taken a similar path had I been on WC. I would probably have Firmino instead of Son as he has really good stats this season, but Son given spurs fixtures can be a tremendous pick.

Good luck!

ENEMY
Wideboy

Post by ENEMY »

FranckKessie wrote: 14 Sep 2019, 07:02 I like it and would have taken a similar path had I been on WC. I would probably have Firmino instead of Son as he has really good stats this season, but Son given spurs fixtures can be a tremendous pick.

Good luck!
Thank you. I was contemplating on Son-Barnes or Firmino- 5.5M mid. I didn't like that combo and Pool's fixtures also not that great. Son vs Firmino was tough. I wanted Otamendi in place of Rico. I'm finding it tough! Also, Lowton/Söyüncü again close call.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”