To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 4 Martial replacement?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Martial replaced by...

Sigurdsson
7%
Richarlison
7%
Pulisic
23%
Maddison
23%
Zaha
3%
Lanzini
37%

Total votes: 30

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Gameweek 4 Martial replacement?

Post by Payet »

It is my first hit of the season, so I would really appreciate if admins let me run this poll. There are several options for GW4. I am really tempted to Sigurdsson and Pulisic. Any opinions who could be the top scorer among those I put in the poll?

Also, all the other suggestions are more than welcome.

Ladotelli
Wideboy
FS Record: 13894

Re: Gameweek 4 Martial replacement?

Post by Ladotelli »

Lanzini for me. Good fixture and looks sharp. Haller banging the goals in now, I think they will link up well together.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'd imagine the most popular answer right now would be Mount. None of the players in the poll appeal that much to me really, but I'm intending to have a look through the options more closely later this evening.

It might be worth looking at some different options, Bernando for example? Or some cheaper guys like Ceballos too.

Payet
Treebeard

Post by Payet »

I put in the poll only the players I can bring in.

Already have 3 city players and Moura...

Mount yes... if he is 100% fit?

What about Zaha... very interesting fixture...

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

But where is his head at? That's my main worry with Zaha. I think the stats answer will be Mount from what I know of his underlying stats, and I'm sure we will get an indication of his fitness tomorrow.

As a side note, If it's a poll constrained to your team specifically I'll have to move it to the RMT section, if it's more of a general purpose Martial replacement thread (as would be useful for many I'm sure) then it can certainly stay in the main FPL forum. If you'd like me to move it then let me know :)

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Gonna wait for OGS's press conference before making any moves. Martial is a season keeper for me, so if he is going to miss just one/two gameweeks, I think I'll hold

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

Remember that there's no EPL next week due to internationals, so he's got 2 weeks to get himself fit. Unless something more comes out in the presser, i'm assuming it's nothing too serious and you should include the possibility of rolling him as a sub for just the 1 game (unless something else has materially changed that means you no longer consider him a good candidate for your team).

if your team is as per your link, then i would think rico might get a game (daniels injury), greenwood might get the nod in place of martial, and femenia will probably play. You've got more than enough cover for a 1 week bencher.
Last edited by HungryHungrySuarez on 29 Aug 2019, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

maybe you can Kikko Femenia and keep Martial?

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

I don't think you need to take a hit either, you have Greenwood on your bench how could start with Martial out injured + you have no spare cash so probably couldn't afford to buy Martial back after the international break - I would be tempted to hold.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

picking he wants Aguero :D

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

wahine wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 21:49 picking he wants Aguero :D
well he shoulda said ;)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I'm on wildcard and have put Lanzini in for him, for now.

Has anyone given any thought to Dan James? Looks a pretty assured starter and they do have decent fixtures.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm thinking of adding David Silva to Sterling and De Bruyne - I'm not sure if I could resist saying "Avengers Assemble" if I put all three of those super heroes together in the same midfield as Salah though...

I'm beginning to firm up a GW6 wildcard so losing Martial and taking the 0.1 team value gain seems reasonable.

Mount is definitely a good numbers choice though, having looked more closely if you only go off the stats he'd have to be right up there.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 20:32 But where is his head at? That's my main worry with Zaha.
He has looked like his head is good in his Prem appearances.

I'd toss Iwobi into the mix, but I can ride a few Martial drops unlike Shaw and Kane 😢

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Fraser perhaps, BOU have been better than his 0.2 price drop suggests.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Someone posted about the importance of a link player for them and it was Brooks who is broken....

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Personally I will bench him. In other formats he may well be transferred out but in FPL I have no free transfer left this week having brought in Abraham for Kane, and I have a bench that can cope for a week.

Hopefully more info will emerge over the break as I am a little concerned that Martial is too easily breakable.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

No love for Felipe Anderson? I have him in the mix along with Maddison and Mount.

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

For what it’s worth I have Isaac Hayden on my bench and have brought him in. He’s played 90 mins every game so far and I agree I want martial in long term the way he’s playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Payet
Treebeard

Post by Payet »

HungryHungrySuarez wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 21:09 Remember that there's no EPL next week due to internationals, so he's got 2 weeks to get himself fit. Unless something more comes out in the presser, i'm assuming it's nothing too serious and you should include the possibility of rolling him as a sub for just the 1 game (unless something else has materially changed that means you no longer consider him a good candidate for your team).

if your team is as per your link, then i would think rico might get a game (daniels injury), greenwood might get the nod in place of martial, and femenia will probably play. You've got more than enough cover for a 1 week bencher.
Yes, but I'm also highly considered if Moura will play in the starting eleven this weekend also.

If Moura is nailed - I would roll without any problem. However, it is obvious that he is the player Pochetino doesn't have much confidence in. And I am sure that if Eriksen is back Moura/Lamela will be benched.

Payet
Treebeard

Post by Payet »

wahine wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 21:49 picking he wants Aguero :D
I would love, but no.
Did salah --> sterling (c) and that's all. :)

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Rico is on my bench and will take Martial's spot. I'm not selling.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Blue Fire wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 20:41 Gonna wait for OGS's press conference before making any moves.
Martial is a season keeper for me, so if he is going to miss just one/two gameweeks, I think I'll hold
HungryHungrySuarez wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 21:09 Remember that there's no EPL next week due to internationals, so he's got 2 weeks to get himself fit.
Unless something more comes out in the presser, i'm assuming it's nothing too serious
and you should include the possibility of rolling him as a sub for just the 1 game
[snip]
+1

besides, I had just brought him in! :lol: probably a case of stubborn bias (hell no, I'll NOT go back on my choices)
my Martial sub will be alas... Dale Stephens (@mci)

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

I will keep Martial this week, as I have enough players to cover. If his injury is of a longer nature, I feel there might be an interesting alternative after the IB with Hudson-Odoi expected to be fit again.
Last edited by Lucky on 30 Aug 2019, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

ricardo68 wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 06:31 Rico is on my bench and will take Martial's spot. I'm not selling.
+1

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

“They’re doing okay but they won’t be involved in this game,” said Solskjaer.

“After the international break, hopefully Anthony will be ready for the Leicester game and Luke maybe another week or two after that.”

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

I admittedly don't have Martial in my team, but as a result I'm taking a punt and putting Greenwood in my starting XI.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I am also putting Greenwood in I think, and have decent bench cover if he does not play at all.

My gut feel is Ole will give Greenwood a shot from the start. Wish it was up the middle but it won't be.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Solskjær: "Mason [Greenwood] is not used to playing as little as he is. He is used to playing every week, now he is coming on for half an hour here and there. He won’t be expected to play five games on the bounce, he is cover and an option behind Anthony and Marcus."

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Mount.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”