Eliteserien 2019

Norwegian Eliteserien Fantasy Football
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: Eliteserien 2019

Post by Oxford NZ »

Post from GW2
Oxford NZ wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 21:40 Well played Albert and keep it up. :-)
Bottom of the league atm but my OR is what I expected as I did not play any chips yet. My game plan has always been a slow start and hit the top 1k at mid season.
Good luck all.
Not quite 1K but close to it at mid season so not a disaster.
DGW15 and attack attack to come. I may yet save the chip but I bottled out in GW2 when I should have played one.
Good luck all.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I did play Attack Attack in GW2 and had planned Two Captains this GW on Boli & Borven. Boli's ban put paid to that but a gamble on Sandberg paid off with a 30pt haul in the first of his two games. An Odd 0-0 Staebak result prob best for me now!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Oxford NZ wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 03:13 Half way through DGW14 and some interesting results. Psyche with a couple of goals coming off my bench gives me 91 with Borven K, Sandberg K , Hagen, Rashani and Boli to play.
If Boli scores 5 or more than Sandberg I would have been better playing attack attack this week and using 2K next but it is done now.

Looking for another double game week player with my FT for DGW15 and playing my attack attack chip.
presently contemplating dropping one of Borven, Hagen or Rashani for an S08 player. Keeping an eye on Wormgoor's injury. It did not look too bad but even he needs a rest every now and again. The artificial turf in Norway is hard on the joints.

Sandberg
Wormgoor, Hagen, Salquist
Eikrem, Jensen, Evjen, Rashani
Boli , Borven, Ohi

Bench Thorstvedt, Pereira, Psyche
Now looking at Rashani to a Stabaek mid so I can do Hagen to RBK defender the following week so it looks like Boli Borven and Ohi attack this week for the chip.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

My ideal scenario would be Boli rested for Weds nights game against Odds... :roll:
Boli.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 07 Jul 2019, 12:03 My ideal scenario would be Boli rested for Weds nights game against Odds... :roll:
Sorry I must admit to wanting Boli to play and score even against Sandberg. Psyche coming in off the bench for me takes me to 91 points with the three Odd and Two Stabaek to come. With Boli only playing one game he could be a bit of a differential with a higher haul potential than Sandberg. Just hoping to hit over the 100 this week and make the top 1.5K OR

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Achieved my target and hit 1.5K OR with a 134 point DGW and a RR of 6 thanks to Psyche, Borven and Sandberg.
Wormgoor looks set to miss the Shamrock rovers match and a chance he will miss the next as well. With no news likely before deadline (though it is not until the 21st) Transferring him out for Moe looks like the plan so far.
Attack Attack chip to be deployed with Boli, Ohi and Borven.
Good luck all.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Albert has set up a FPL league for Eliteserien fans for all those interested.
Join code on FPL classic mrfpi9

1albert
Treebeard
FS Record: Fiso FPL Cup 2018/19 3rd Place
Fiso FPL H2H League 1 2018/19 Champion
Fiso FPL Ctibbets H2H Spring League 18/19 Champion
Fiso Eliteserien League 2019 3rd place

Post by 1albert »

What a good decision to open up the new Friends of Eliteserien Classic. Already, we have six fantasy managers signed up.
For managers just reading this. Here is the fpl code mrfpi9

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Im in. Up to 388 overall now. Hoping for a good Rich Uncle in GW17 and that those above me spunked it in GW2 !!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 17:36 Im in. Up to 388 overall now. Hoping for a good Rich Uncle in GW17 and that those above me spunked it in GW2 !!
Awesome OR BFM :-) What OR are you aiming for at Season end? Good luck anyway.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

I was happy with my 100 points. Now I realise that this is no more than a fifth place in the FISO Eliteserien for the GW, some very impressive scores there.

Special kudos to Dupuytren's (Oxford NZ) for hitting 134 points, number 6 in the entire game for this GW! That must be the strongest result from anyone in our leauge so far (?). It looks like a stroke of genious to name Børven and Sandberg as the two captains when playing "Two captains". I did also play "Two captains", but my VC was Ruud so this was a complete failure and a waste of the chip.

Anyhow, I managed to overtake Stokie Bloke and take the lead in FISO Eliteserien by a meager 3 points. Good enough for me.

My aim in any fantasy game is of course to win the whole thing. That is not a realistic target and will certainly not happen in the overall Eliteserien fantasy as I'm trailing the number one by more than 70 points, having already spent two chips.
A more realistic target for fantasy football of any kind is a finish in the top 0.1 percent, i.e. top 55 or so. That would define success for me.
But to be honest, I'd also say that any finish in the top 1 percent (about top 500) is a good season.
Anything below top 10 percent (failing to make the top 5000 list) would be failure.
Finally, anything between 1 and 10 percent is "decent", but nothing I get excited about.

My plan has been to use "Rik onkel" in GW17. That is still the case. I'm reasonably happy with the team I have but do notice that two players are uncertain at the moment (Wormgoor and Ruud). I have two free transfers and may react to the injuries unless I get any new info by tomorrow afternoon. It's a bit annoying that Ohi has lost steam and James may be the solution from Molde. I don't have the cash for a straight swap.

The big question mark is in my mind what to expect from Rosenborg, and in particular Adegbenro. What I've seen from Adegbenro over the last seasons has convinced me that he is among the three best players in Eliteserien, maybe the best. But he has struggled with injuries and plays for a Rosenborg that has been off the boil for a while. Recent matches indicate that this is about to change and he could be the joker that delivers steady fantasy returns. Do we dare to jump that train or not?

Stabæk and Sarpsborg have DGW, but I don't care much for neither, except for Sandberg (Stabæk goalie) of course. Some will get points, but it's hard to identify stand-out options. I can't fit Boli easily and I doubt it would be worth the effort anyhow (he hasn't delivered as he did last season).

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

After praising Adegbenro above I feel obliged to mention that latest news states that he won't play the match against Viking tomorrow. I'm not sure if this is confirmed or not, but did see this mentioned on several web fora.
Also note that Meling is injured and uncertain for tomorrow. He is unfortunately in my team already, together with the semi-injured Wormgoor and Ruud. This forces a defensive transfer in my team. I'm rather confident that Wormgoor will be ready as his match this GW is as late as 21 July. But he (and Meling for that matter) will have another European qualifier to sustain further injuries and there's simply too much uncertainty for a man with two free transfers to burn.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Melling I think is going to play but Adegbenro is out.
Wormgoor to Moe was my transfer this week.
Adegbenro will come into my team after the break. He will be fit and rested, maybe RBK can hit a run of form for the rest of the season, without Adegbenro they are poor.

1albert
Treebeard
FS Record: Fiso FPL Cup 2018/19 3rd Place
Fiso FPL H2H League 1 2018/19 Champion
Fiso FPL Ctibbets H2H Spring League 18/19 Champion
Fiso Eliteserien League 2019 3rd place

Post by 1albert »

I cannot believe how bad I'm doing in Round 15. Then I looked at the rest of us in our league. Not exactly setting the world alight are we!
Let's all hope we see some improvement in the last three fixtures of this gameweek.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Ejuke & Vasyutin off this window I believe?
There was some wag on Twitter welcoming Layouni to Real Madrid (as a Hazard back up) but he was just having the craic.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

1albert wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 15:27 I cannot believe how bad I'm doing in Round 15. Then I looked at the rest of us in our league. Not exactly setting the world alight are we!
Let's all hope we see some improvement in the last three fixtures of this gameweek.
Yup. It is a crap week all right. I don't think it will be that bad in the grand scheme of things, but a blown chip for me unless things change.
Good luck all.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

I had a look at the standings as we're in the middle of GW 17, a tricky GW for those not playing "Rik onkel". It strikes me that we, the members of our league, are doing well. Seven out of eight are in top 2,4k OR. Not bad at all. Several of us have chosen to use the RO this week. I did as well. I was close to having a strong team without RO (I thought), but suspension and injury doubt forced my hand in the end. No regrets.

Funnily enough it seems like Baaracuda/Herr Scheiwiller and I picked the exact same 11 for the RO. We are having a good GW, but kudos goes to Antilia/Mr Patil who are beating us all by playing "Double captain" this week. Picking both Evjen and Layouni seems like the perfect combo.

I'm currently at top and still aiming for top 100 OR, but I don't feel safe at all in this league. Very capable mangers are on the chase and it's tight. I can make two transfers and have already spent one of them. I may save the other unless there are surprises over the next days.

Btw, there are rumors in Norwegian media saying that Melling (Rosenborg defender, in my team) will be off to Celtic. That may change my plans a bit if/when confirmed.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Post by Stormrider »

Thanks for the great write-up Bolla pinnsvin👍🏻. Indeed great to see how the whole FISO group is doing in the OR😊. Should be quite an interesting run-in in the FISO league. Our both teams exactly similar seems unusual at first but then again, at least that was my feeling, after deciding to play the Rich Uncle chip the team somehow picked itself.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Regarding my team still pondering about the possible transfer(s) this round. Evjen is in fantastic form so should get him in (having no B/G players before my WC did cost me quite some points). Question is how to fund it. I still like Berisha as a differential for the next 3 or 4 games. Donnum in great form too so it would be downgrading the defence (Hedenstad as RBK do not really look waterproof defensively) or go to a cheaper striker instead of Söderlund. Latter also in good form but how much will he play is the question.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Hi Guys , sorry for not posting much here recently, FPL, life and work are just too busy atm.
Re the eliteserien, I played the rich uncle chip for a reasonable score of 93 but should have hit the 100 mark if I had not been talked out of Donnum over Finne.
The moral of this story is go with your gut feeling and stick with it Stormrider.
Congratulations to those big scores last week and keep it up. This is a very strong league and a pleasure to be a member.

Re FPL I am running the Divisional Championship this year now MoSe is in retirement, so please sign up it is a fun side game and all hat is required is to post a working link to your FPL history page on the sign up thread Here

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

What a funny old game week so far :roll: :lol:
Eikrem (c) no show so I get Vilhjalmsson (5x2)as vice and Reginiussen ( 5) from the bench. Hoiland and Viking go crazy and score 4 with a clean sheet as well! Thorstvedt 3 on the bench.
Evjen and layouni to come and 38 including the bench and vc above will take me into the top 1k :shock:
May be time to WC and batten down the hatches. It could be a stormy ride to the season end.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I decided to WC after slipping from 370 down to 760.
I would appreciate any thoughts on who would be essential in a WC Squad. Evjen the first I brought in obvs.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 12:36 I decided to WC after slipping from 370 down to 760.
I would appreciate any thoughts on who would be essential in a WC Squad. Evjen the first I brought in obvs.
It depends on what happens in the transfer window, can you hold off for another week? It is very volatile atm but should settle down to the normal levels of uncertainty soon. :roll:
If you hit the button, post a draught, but good luck. :-)
I just hit the button on WC in FPL :oops: so there is no way I am doing two in the same week. :lol:

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I've cobbled this together thus far....
Screenshot_20190820_080139.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 08:00 I've cobbled this together thus far....
And very well cobbled it is too :-)
Sandberg has been great for the last few weeks but he will be gone on my WC. I see a fixture change in GW21 and looking at a prime keeper for the rest of the season will be my strategy. Cash is no object in this game.
Your defence and mids are template but have you looked at the RBK web page?
They have bought a new striker that can not play the EL qualifiers, that will effect Soderlund.
There are also lots of transfers happening in the next two weeks that effect some players and teams.
Berisha is to be considered as well especially if you go without Wormgoor. Regarding Vito he is still on penalties and a real bonus points magnet in a tight game. Not sure how motivated he is but I may pick him up shortly.
Solholm Johansen is another one I am watching.
Good luck :-)

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Looks like I pulled a little early and a little thoughtlessly! I hadnt considered the transfer window there with it being closed here :(
Ive swapped out Bjorkan & Sandberg for Risa & Friedrich - you're right ODD have a nice run from GW21.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Hi all,

Have created a fixture ticker, not sure how to upload here but if anyone is interested just PM me your email address so will send it.

Regarding the wildcard of Beerfuelledman O agree with Oxford NZ.
One question is the position of the 3rd striker. If big up top, Soderlund seems too unsure regarding playing time - could both James and Ohi be a case as Molde has quite good fixtures till gw 23 at least. Cheaper - Lehne Ohlsen but I would prefer Smarason from LSK. Plus they have bad fixtures.

Midfield: the team looks good. Agree with ONZ that Berisha is a good option with their fixtures in the next 3, 4 weeks. Also an easy possible switch to Jensen.
Smarason: great form, bad fixtures. Can easily come in if Evjen/Donnum run out of steam.

defence: also would keep Wormgoor, Psyche with his offensive output. An ODD defender seems a good idea. Plus two rotating players.

Keeper: still like Sandberg with his numbers. If a Molde place available, Craninx and a rotating keeper as alternative.

Bonus points: Sandberg 14, next best 6
Saves: Sandberg 75, next best 57. only 4 out of 18 games with less than 3 points.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Btw: personally not sure on a Mjondalen defender. Was there but they just seem too unreliable in regards of clean sheets

Good luck!

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Thanks for the comments folks. I've taken some of your advices on board and made a couple of changes. Looking like this now.
I read n Twitter Botheim could start ahead of Soderlund so am happy with a decent 1st sub.

Eliteserien WC.PNG

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 10:15 Thanks for the comments folks. I've taken some of your advices on board and made a couple of changes. Looking like this now.
I read n Twitter Botheim could start ahead of Soderlund so am happy with a decent 1st sub.

Looks like Soderlund could start, but if you have the time the teams will be available just before the GW deadline. RBK will have a forward to back up Soderlund signed up this week. Having him in now makes it financially easy to change with one FT so all good.
Good luck anyway.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Eliteserien Fantasy”