To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

PRICE CHANGES

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: PRICE CHANGES

Post by CBN »

I've heard they are going to reset all the points and start the game again from GW2.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

You mean you hope :lol:

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Surprised they havnt made the adjustments to include the games midweek that have played

chap

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: PRICE CHANGE

Post by Striker »

Could someone organise a sweepstake on their next rule change including;

Reduce Prizes
Introduce an Entry Fee which if not paid by the end of August would disqualify the manager from winning any prize
Reduce the number of players from any club to a maximum of three per team
Retrospectively add points for the Charity Shield and Supercup Final
Add a 10 pt bonus for any player who hits the referee.

All totally ridiculous but bearing in mind that any SIGNIFICANT RETROSPECTIVE rule change is ridiculous .............

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Was planning alli to patricio, greenwood to jimenez but now 0.2m short.

Now forced to go adrian to get in jiminez who will then need to back to allison so potentially another 2 transfers.

I was happy to stick with patricio for the foreseeable future but no on else appeals at that price range so the whole thing affects your team, transfers and planning.

I dont think they appreciate the time people spend thinking about the game.

Anyway, I'm off to do some more thinking :roll:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Re: Bank error in your favour collect 0.6m

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Dot wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 12:12
itslikebrandnew wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 11:55 It looks like my teams are getting messed around with in the background as all my players were the same price as last week and now they are altering.
You mean it's like brand new?
:lol: if only it was with players as well

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Price rises don't come into effect until after week 3 ?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Think you'll find as per every year they have ballsed it up and rather than fix it they shaft us all.

Annoyed at myself for not taking advantage of this annual predictable balls up.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Thought game was governed by gambling commission ? You can't change rules after you've taken people's money ?

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

ronny10 wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 13:13 Was planning alli to patricio, greenwood to jimenez but now 0.2m short.

Now forced to go adrian to get in jiminez who will then need to back to allison so potentially another 2 transfers.

I was happy to stick with patricio for the foreseeable future but no on else appeals at that price range so the whole thing affects your team, transfers and planning.

Suggest you check on team news too whilst ur at it.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Dot wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 13:42
ronny10 wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 13:13 Was planning alli to patricio, greenwood to jimenez but now 0.2m short.

Suggest you check on team news too whilst ur at it.
Yeah I know hes a doubt, I expect he will play though. If not then back to the drawing board

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

shakermeister wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 13:40 Thought game was governed by gambling commission ? You can't change rules after you've taken people's money ?
Is it gambling now if entry is free

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

Thought the dreaded algorithm needed 3 game history to work anyway ?

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

ronny10 wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 13:54
shakermeister wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 13:40 Thought game was governed by gambling commission ? You can't change rules after you've taken people's money ?
Is it gambling now if entry is free
That's a good point :roll:

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

I thought the Idea of a business or organisation was to attract customers and clients.

What a farce.

I can't describe how big a pxss take this is.

It's not April Fools day is it? :evil:

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

Maybe they fxcked up the programming again, and are simply just trying to cover their tracks, but didn't think that about a Million People would notice.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Liverpool defence all set for another price decrease next week with the TRAFFIC CONE in goal tomorrow :lol:

Should be nice and cheap by the time Alisson gets back 8-)
Last edited by BLOCKHEAD on 16 Aug 2019, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Their social media account is being really underhanded about it as well, making out that the rules state that price changes start in week 1 (after they were only updated today). They also claim it was always intended to be the rule this year but it was simply a "copy error" in the T&C's and even claim that no one has gained an advantage etc. It really is despicable :x

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I don't know how they get away with altering the rules once the competition has begun. I know it's not governed by the gambling commission as its free to enter but someone must govern competitions.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

TriXaM wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 15:49 Their social media account is being really underhanded about it as well, making out that the rules state that price changes start in week 1 (after they were only updated today). They also claim it was always intended to be the rule this year but it was simply a "copy error" in the T&C's and even claim that no one has gained an advantage etc. It really is despicable :x
:lol: they must really think we are idiots.

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

The only thing I can suggest is calling this number 020 7782 4100

ask to speak to the sun customer service.

When the receptionist asks what for?

say you were advised on chat to call this number,

as she/he will try not to put you through.

It seems to me that calling directly might prompt

them in to some kind of action.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I'm emailing the telegraph. Hoping that because they run fantasy football as well that they would like a story slagging off a competitor :lol:

Holster
Cheetah

Post by Holster »

I totally agree it’s a shambles , but the bigger the fuss the more likely they are to scrap the game next season.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

If they scrap the game then that's their problem.

If they can change the rules and do as they like then it could be fixed. On the last day of the season i'll put Sorloth in my team. Maybe they will add a rule after kick off of the final game that anyone with him scores an extra 1000pts.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

Because the algorithm is now also knackered you have players like Gomez scoring zero points and losing 0.1m
By that token if a player doesn't score any points in a gameweek in future they will lose 0.1m .
That certainly isn't how the games has worked in the past .
Looks like it is well and truly broken :roll:

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 15:55
TriXaM wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 15:49 Their social media account is being really underhanded about it as well, making out that the rules state that price changes start in week 1 (after they were only updated today). They also claim it was always intended to be the rule this year but it was simply a "copy error" in the T&C's and even claim that no one has gained an advantage etc. It really is despicable :x
some of us are

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

Early this morning I transferred in Ederson for Allison before the price change took effect, but it was done in this game week so I presume the player prices shown in the transfer history are this game weeks prices, else how else could I swap a 4.4m player for a 4.6m player and be left with 0 budget?
680A5CF8-30E1-4C58-82C2-C394427FAA4C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 17:13
itslikebrandnew wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 15:55
some of us are
Speak for yourself :lol:

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

shakermeister wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 16:58 Because the algorithm is now also knackered you have players like Gomez scoring zero points and losing 0.1m
By that token if a player doesn't score any points in a gameweek in future they will lose 0.1m .
That certainly isn't how the games has worked in the past .
Looks like it is well and truly broken :roll:

at a quick glance nearly every change is explainable for Game Week 1

No playes priced at 1 million, 1.5 million and 2 million who scored 0 points had their price changed

any players priced at 1, 1.5 and 2 million who scored points saw their price increase.

any players from 2.5 mio and upwards who scored no points had their price reduced

any player who scored points from 2.5 million and above saw their price unchanged or increase

but there are 4 exceptions

2 players priced at 2 million and both scored 2 points saw their price remain unchanged. Gross (Bri) & Lamela (Spu)

likewise 2 heavyweights who both scored 5 points Aguero 7.5 mio & Aubamyang 6 million saw their respective prices unchanged and last season with such a high value you normally saw a decrease with only scoring 5 points.
Last edited by Dot on 16 Aug 2019, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

Jules wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 17:14 Early this morning I transferred in Ederson for Allison before the price change took effect, but it was done in this game week so I presume the player prices shown in the transfer history are this game weeks prices, else how else could I swap a 4.4m player for a 4.6m player and be left with 0 budget?

680A5CF8-30E1-4C58-82C2-C394427FAA4C.jpeg
I think it was classed as last weeks game week as it was done b4 7 this morning

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”