To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers Gameweek 2 - Sat 17 Aug 11:30

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
escape_to_victory
FISOhead

Re: Transfers Gameweek 2 - Sat 17 Aug 11:30

Post by escape_to_victory »

DAREEL wrote:
escape_to_victory wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 14:30
DAREEL wrote:If anything it's Moura to Martial because if I don't do it now it will not be in gw3 at home to Newcastle

Think we are a better team and I think Moura is the better player so not sure over the long run. Tempted to wait as I held .5 itb. Son is back but I kind of expect Moura and Son to play whilst Ali out . Tough decision. Ideally I want Son but martial could eventually be more a threat in terms of top 10 k ownership.
Agree with all of this. Interest in your Spurs knowledge, Dareel. With Son and Moura on the pitch does Kane become less appealing?

Thinking I might play it safe (because of ownership) and go for Martial this week and then reassess Spurs.

Hoping Zouma has another nightmare and Vardy and Perez can do something against Chelsea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a tough one. I would probably say that Kane is the most likely to drop deeper if all 3 are on the pitch at the same time. The main thing I'm intrested in is if Eriksen stays and if so how Lo Celso will fit in. They are pretty similar players. If both play, who drops.

Kane seems to perform better with Son rather than Moura. I would say that Moura needs some good performances though, big chance for him here. I'm half tempted to hold this week. Get more info. If Perez doesn't perform and Wilson I may bring Tammy and Martial in for them 2 and have Moura for Newcastle home
Cheers mate. Appreciate it.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

DAREEL wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 19:09
DAREEL wrote:If anything it's Moura to Martial because if I don't do it now it will not be in gw3 at home to Newcastle

Think we are a better team and I think Moura is the better player so not sure over the long run. Tempted to wait as I held .5 itb. Son is back but I kind of expect Moura and Son to play whilst Ali out . Tough decision. Ideally I want Son but martial could eventually be more a threat in terms of top 10 k ownership.
Agree with all of this. Interest in your Spurs knowledge, Dareel. With Son and Moura on the pitch does Kane become less appealing?

Thinking I might play it safe (because of ownership) and go for Martial this week and then reassess Spurs.

Hoping Zouma has another nightmare and Vardy and Perez can do something against Chelsea

It's a tough one. I would probably say that Kane is the most likely to drop deeper if all 3 are on the pitch at the same time. The main thing I'm intrested in is if Eriksen stays and if so how Lo Celso will fit in. They are pretty similar players. If both play, who drops.

Kane seems to perform better with Son rather than Moura. I would say that Moura needs some good performances though, big chance for him here. I'm half tempted to hold this week. Get more info. If Perez doesn't perform and Wilson I may bring Tammy and Martial in for them 2 and have Moura for Newcastle home
A couple of pieces i’ve read on Spurs and Lo Celso suggest he is far more of a two-way midfielder than Eriksen. Certainly capable of pulling his weight in a midfield three and even possible to play in a two if needed. His 17/18 season was remarkably similar to N’Dombele’s 18/19 in terms of pass completion %, interceptions, tackles and deep progressions.
It was interesting how strong Spurs were in the final 20 minutes against Villa. Last season they offered little after 70 minutes, partly because the squad was stretched and also because they had few decent bench options. Both of those issues shouldn’t exist this season.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Martial price rise has now put me firmly in the roll transfer catergory 🤦🏼‍♂️

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Don't know what to do with moura don't fancy him against city and that's if he even starts

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

S_sutton87 wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 08:14 Don't know what to do with moura don't fancy him against city and that's if he even starts

Zaha ?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

S_sutton87 wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 08:14 Don't know what to do with moura don't fancy him against city and that's if he even starts

What has changed?

True Blues
Treebeard

Post by True Blues »

Stevieste wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 08:07 Martial price rise has now put me firmly in the roll transfer catergory 🤦🏼‍♂️
Nuts - the website I use to monitor transfers wasn't showing him as likely to change so I was holding off to get the free transfer. That extra 0.1 is gonna hurt as I don't have the extra 0.1 in the bank to cover it :evil:

It's strange as the site I use has normally been pretty accurate in the past :roll:

Oh well - my bad, I should have bit the bullet, at least the now I now to roll it and save the 4 ponts.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

True Blues wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 09:03
Stevieste wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 08:07 Martial price rise has now put me firmly in the roll transfer catergory 🤦🏼‍♂️
Nuts - the website I use to monitor transfers wasn't showing him as likely to change so I was holding off to get the free transfer. That extra 0.1 is gonna hurt as I don't have the extra 0.1 in the bank to cover it :evil:

It's strange as the site I use has normally been pretty accurate in the past :roll:

Oh well - my bad, I should have bit the bullet, at least the now I now to roll it and save the 4 ponts.
Prob using the same site as me, as i never saw it coming either.

De gea and Rashford also rise 0.1

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Price change sites are bad for mental health. I'm making a conscious decision to avoid them this season.

If I do want to make a transfer, I'll consider it either immediately after the GW gone by or right before the upcoming GW.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

True Blues wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 09:03

New season, new algorithm. Nothing nuts about it.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 09:13 Price change sites are bad for mental health. I'm making a conscious decision to avoid them this season.

If I do want to make a transfer, I'll consider it either immediately after the GW gone by or right before the upcoming GW.

Well they take a while to get accurate and the WC's to settle down...

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

I wasn't going to make any transfers after GW1, and to role 2 over. However, after much deliberation, I have decided to do Foster :arrow: Ryan. Mainly due to fixtures.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:
SirMattBugsby wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 09:13 Price change sites are bad for mental health. I'm making a conscious decision to avoid them this season.

Well they take a while to get accurate and the WC's to settle down...
I wouldn't know Image tbh it's nothing to do with them being accurate or not. The whole exercise of following price sites never allows me to detach from FPL. That's the unhealthy part.

I also feel I often delay a transfer just because the price change is not imminent. Why delay a decision I'll have to make sometime anyway? The extra info and injury risk is there, but if I'm convinced to make a decision based on info I already have, I'll accept the injury risk or avoid that too by making a late transfer.

Like in real life, I'm willing to part with a bit of money for my FPL peace of mind Image

Rolling this week btw. Hoping Moura scores a goal!

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Haha ditto. I forgot last night and I've priced myself out unless I downgrade Zouma 🤦🏼‍♂️

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

wonkypenguin wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 13:12
Haha ditto. I forgot last night and I've priced myself out unless I downgrade Zouma 🤦🏼‍♂️
Downgrade and Zouma next to each other 😱😱😱

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

blahblah wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 13:33
wonkypenguin wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 13:12
Downgrade and Zouma next to each other 😱😱😱
Good point! :mrgreen:

True Blues
Treebeard

Post by True Blues »

From4corners wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 09:14 New season, new algorithm. Nothing nuts about it.
Eh - I didn't say that the algorithm was nuts? I was using nuts as a polite term to convey my displeasure that the increase means that I'll have to change my plans. I'll probably go for Kelly now instead of Dunk for my bench warmer.

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Stevieste wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 20:45
I Am Ville wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 20:35 Fraser to Martial - done.

I don’t have a bank and with the likelihood of at least a 0.1 if not 0.2 swing here I couldn’t actually afford to wait. Without the price pressure, I definitely hold and give no-neck another week.
Im currently thinking this transfer, but i also think that Pulsic could come just as good.
But feel like need to give Fraser one more week, as there such an unpredicatable team bournmouth and i will kick myself if jump off Fraser or Wilsom after one game and they link up against Villa and i miss a big haul 🤦🏼‍♂️

Fraser, perez, barkely and Wilson are all on my watch list for 2FT next gameweek.

Just hope dont miss the price rises and cant get them in at all then
I have wilson and king as well though so if fraser scores well, it is likely it is in the setting up of my two BOU players

escape_to_victory
FISOhead

Post by escape_to_victory »

I was on the fence too with Moura Martial and the price rise has scuppered this for me too but we knew it was likely and I was on the fence for a reason. Think it might be a blessing in disguise as Wolves away is a harder fixture than Chelsea at home, in my mind, given Chelsea’s shambolic defending and Wolves shutting out a good Leicester team in the road.

Thinking I might take the plunge on Moura Mcginn now though as a price rise there would prevent me getting Kane in next week as I have exact funds to upgrade Vardy. Still unsure on Kane so may still roll if McGinn is nowhere near a rise. Currently on 52% on FPLstatistics so if Martial went up at around 60% I might just go for it. Villa st home to Bournemouth a better fixture than Spurs away at City and Villa have a nice little run and McGinn looks to be a nice enabler. One game is not a lot to go on though!

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

dino1980 wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 21:59
DAREEL wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 19:09

A couple of pieces i’ve read on Spurs and Lo Celso suggest he is far more of a two-way midfielder than Eriksen. Certainly capable of pulling his weight in a midfield three and even possible to play in a two if needed. His 17/18 season was remarkably similar to N’Dombele’s 18/19 in terms of pass completion %, interceptions, tackles and deep progressions.
It was interesting how strong Spurs were in the final 20 minutes against Villa. Last season they offered little after 70 minutes, partly because the squad was stretched and also because they had few decent bench options. Both of those issues shouldn’t exist this season.
Spot on. It's a big year for us. No excuses really now .

Poch may not rush Lo Celso if Eriksen stays. He likes players to be at the highest physical peak . The style he plays requires that. Just like he took a while with Lucas. I've heard Lo Celso is a better finisher than Eriksen. Exiting player by the sounds of it. Hope he adapts the the physical demands of the prem

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

escape_to_victory wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 15:29 I was on the fence too with Moura Image Martial and the price rise has scuppered this for me too but we knew it was likely and I was on the fence for a reason. Think it might be a blessing in disguise as Wolves away is a harder fixture than Chelsea at home, in my mind, given Chelsea’s shambolic defending and Wolves shutting out a good Leicester team in the road.

Thinking I might take the plunge on Moura Image Mcginn now though as a price rise there would prevent me getting Kane in next week as I have exact funds to upgrade Vardy. Still unsure on Kane so may still roll if McGinn is nowhere near a rise. Currently on 52% on FPLstatistics so if Martial went up at around 60% I might just go for it. Villa st home to Bournemouth a better fixture than Spurs away at City and Villa have a nice little run and McGinn looks to be a nice enabler. One game is not a lot to go on though!

I think so too. The rise was a blessing really..eased my temptation.

I could well be starting with both Lucas and Martial after this gw. Think we are doing the right thing holding. Possible mini wildcard for -4 with more info. Mcginn is good but he's a yellow card on legs..

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Liverpool's defending is looking pretty terrible again. It makes me regret reshuffling my team to Robbo and TAA instead of keeping Kane.

Goooo Rickie
Treebeard

Post by Goooo Rickie »

Bernardo Silva going to drop tonight? Time to get rid?

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Starting with Greenwood seems like a stupid choice now with Maguire, AWB, Martial and Rashford all looking good.

Lorenz94
Wideboy

Post by Lorenz94 »

Would you get rid of Kane for Auba for this gw?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Lorenz94 wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 08:31 Would you get rid of Kane for Auba for this gw?
I'm not. Your want Kane back next week surely

Weedie
Wideboy
FS Record: Top 2k

Post by Weedie »

I’m rolling.

I want to get Martial in but wolves away means I can wait a week longer.

More info and will be able to get Kane in without taking a hit.

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Goooo Rickie wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 00:10 Bernardo Silva going to drop tonight? Time to get rid?
It's hard to judge based on the price change sites, but if he either doesn't play or blanks this weekend I think we'll see the masses moving him out.

jonhoggy
FISOhead
FS Record: 7528

Post by jonhoggy »

Im tempted with Pukki, for me he was the stand out budget striker GW1 and he has two home games in a row. Cant decide.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

I've gone back to my pre-season plan and swapped Moura out for Pulisic

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”