To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers Gameweek 2 - Sat 17 Aug 11:30

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
True Blues
Treebeard

Re: Transfers Gameweek 2 - Sat 17 Aug 11:30

Post by True Blues »

Out - Perez & Coleman
In - Martial & Dunk

When I saw the line up for the MU game I realised that I will want Martial in my team. The only sensible option is for me to swap him with Perez, nothing against Perez and may seem a bit knee jerk after just one week but IMHO it’s a no brainer to want a MU number 9 who is classed as a midfielder.

I will need to make a second transfer to fund it, hence Coleman – Dunk. I want to hold off until next week so that I get the extra free transfer but will have to take the -4 hit if it looks like Martial’s price will rise.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

True Blues wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 13:52 Out - Perez & Coleman
In - Martial & Dunk

When I saw the line up for the MU game I realised that I will want Martial in my team. The only sensible option is for me to swap him with Perez, nothing against Perez and may seem a bit knee jerk after just one week but IMHO it’s a no brainer to want a MU number 9 who is classed as a midfielder.

I will need to make a second transfer to fund it, hence Coleman – Dunk. I want to hold off until next week so that I get the extra free transfer but will have to take the -4 hit if it looks like Martial’s price will rise.
Would you not prefer montoya to dunk ?, he looks like could get more returns in the attacking quarter ?

escape_to_victory
FISOhead

Post by escape_to_victory »

superclarets wrote:Also interested to see any teams with KDB/Salah/Sterling and Kane. Can it be done?!

I managed it. Scored 93 this week but I was unlucky as Greenwood was my first sub and with Camarasa not playing if i’d have ordered my subs better (my fault) I would have had an extra 11 points from Dunk. Dendoncker also started for me and had what looked a good goal ruled out.
Rest of my team is
Pope / Button
TAA / VVD / Rico / Kelly / Dunk
Dendoncker / Camarasa
King / Greenwood
Nice!!! Great score too. Something to think about definitely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

escape_to_victory
FISOhead

Post by escape_to_victory »

DAREEL wrote:If anything it's Moura to Martial because if I don't do it now it will not be in gw3 at home to Newcastle

Think we are a better team and I think Moura is the better player so not sure over the long run. Tempted to wait as I held .5 itb. Son is back but I kind of expect Moura and Son to play whilst Ali out . Tough decision. Ideally I want Son but martial could eventually be more a threat in terms of top 10 k ownership.
Agree with all of this. Interest in your Spurs knowledge, Dareel. With Son and Moura on the pitch does Kane become less appealing?

Thinking I might play it safe (because of ownership) and go for Martial this week and then reassess Spurs.

Hoping Zouma has another nightmare and Vardy and Perez can do something against Chelsea

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Decided not to wait and see if Deeney wakes up against Everton in an Away game and brought forward next week's planned transfer of a decent 6.0m or less instead...

Deeney :arrow: Maupay

True Blues
Treebeard

Post by True Blues »

Stevieste wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 14:10
True Blues wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 13:52 Out - Perez & Coleman
In - Martial & Dunk

Would you not prefer montoya to dunk ?, he looks like could get more returns in the attacking quarter ?
Thanks for the response.

I had Dunk on my watch list from pre-season, hopefully Martial's price will hold and I'll watch Montoya and Dunk a bit closer this weekend.

mikek2010
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mikek2010 »

Thinking Robo out dunk in
KDB out sterling in !

too early? sterling burned me last year (every-time i got him he'd go quiet) and he'll probably not score or get outscored by KDB next game as Citeh have a tougher game. but Sterling will surely rise which makes an expensive player like that all the more harder to get in! what to do ?

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Price rise sites consistently moving the target % down, Sterling and Ederson have been >100% each night but then not risen. Amazed (and delighted) not too see any price changes yet. Having no Sterling and a poor week off the back of it my default is patience and it would be nice if I could actually wait until next week to bring him in!

aiwnjoo
Treebeard

Post by aiwnjoo »

MinimalFuss wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 18:30
aiwnjoo wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 18:15 Swapped b Silva to martial and the .5 will end up being used to bring in kdb soon
Martial did look good, wonder how much they'll rotate that front line though, Rashford was the star and deserves to start up top next game.
Martial is the number 9 and given more minutes and scored, i think they will settle rather than rotate too much. I hope!

Ladotelli
Wideboy
FS Record: 13894

Post by Ladotelli »

United in Europa League this year meaning Rashford and Martial should be nailed for all league matches, not as if they are blessed with options. If they get an easy group draw which is likely then they will be left out for some of the easier games. I think Martial will soon become a must have.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Post by Taff Murray »

I think I may be changing my mind regards rolling the transfer.

Cathcart to Dunk/Montoya is my possibility.

I have now watched the Watford highlights and they really did not look good in defence whereas Brighton at least looked more solid at the back with the new formation.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Either Barkley to someone or nothing. I guess McGinn is the most likely option

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Taff Murray wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 17:18 I think I may be changing my mind regards rolling the transfer.

Cathcart to Dunk/Montoya is my possibility.

I have now watched the Watford highlights and they really did not look good in defence whereas Brighton at least looked more solid at the back with the new formation.
But Watford were worse going forward?

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Post by Taff Murray »

blahblah wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 17:37 But Watford were worse going forward?
They were basically shocking all round. Maybe they can't play that badly again but I foresee a relegation struggle rather than a mid table/top10 finish.

Kentish Womble
FISOhead

Post by Kentish Womble »

Hoping for some help here as don’t play FPL too often. I think this is only my second ever season and the first time round I lost interest. I have a 4 5 1 set up with a goalkeeper, a defender and 2 forwards on the bench. I’m trying to swap one of my forwards to get a spare midfielder in but keep getting the message that I have too many midfielders. Is it not possible to have 5 midfielders and one on the bench? All help much appreciated.

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Kentish Womble wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 18:49 Hoping for some help here as don’t play FPL too often. I think this is only my second ever season and the first time round I lost interest. I have a 4 5 1 set up with a goalkeeper, a defender and 2 forwards on the bench. I’m trying to swap one of my forwards to get a spare midfielder in but keep getting the message that I have too many midfielders. Is it not possible to have 5 midfielders and one on the bench? All help much appreciated.
No, your squad must have two goalkeepers, five defenders, five midfielders and three forwards.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

The squad is fixed at 2553 inc GK and you have to start at least 1 Fwd.

Kentish Womble
FISOhead

Post by Kentish Womble »

Edersen
Guilbert, Zinchenko, Gomez, VD
Sterling, McGinn, Salah, Fraser, Trossard
Kane

On the bench: Button, Rico, Greenwood, Long. I want to get rid of Long and put a decent and cheap midfielder on the bench.

Kentish Womble
FISOhead

Post by Kentish Womble »

blahblah wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 18:53 The squad is fixed at 2553 inc GK and you have to start at least 1 Fwd.
Ok. So no go with the extra midfielder. Actually, looking at it again, that’s not a bad squad 😀

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

escape_to_victory wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 14:30
DAREEL wrote:If anything it's Moura to Martial because if I don't do it now it will not be in gw3 at home to Newcastle

Think we are a better team and I think Moura is the better player so not sure over the long run. Tempted to wait as I held .5 itb. Son is back but I kind of expect Moura and Son to play whilst Ali out . Tough decision. Ideally I want Son but martial could eventually be more a threat in terms of top 10 k ownership.
Agree with all of this. Interest in your Spurs knowledge, Dareel. With Son and Moura on the pitch does Kane become less appealing?

Thinking I might play it safe (because of ownership) and go for Martial this week and then reassess Spurs.

Hoping Zouma has another nightmare and Vardy and Perez can do something against Chelsea

It's a tough one. I would probably say that Kane is the most likely to drop deeper if all 3 are on the pitch at the same time. The main thing I'm intrested in is if Eriksen stays and if so how Lo Celso will fit in. They are pretty similar players. If both play, who drops.

Kane seems to perform better with Son rather than Moura. I would say that Moura needs some good performances though, big chance for him here. I'm half tempted to hold this week. Get more info. If Perez doesn't perform and Wilson I may bring Tammy and Martial in for them 2 and have Moura for Newcastle home

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

S_sutton87 wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 17:58 Thinking moura to pulisic
Obviously we will get a look at Pulisic on Wednesday, but feels a bit premature to be jumping on given he didn't start in GW1?

Another sub appearance in GW2 and he might even drop in price. Any particular reason you're thinking of him?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I know it might seem like a wasted transfer with it most likely being reversed the following week, but anyone else tempted by Kane to Auba (C) this week? I know Kane is a big game player but City away is very tough, and Aubameyang has such a good record against Burnley...

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Heart says BSliva :arrow: Martial and Adams :arrow: Pukki for -4.

Head says roll.

Jakie123
Cheetah
FS Record: Poor

Post by Jakie123 »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 15:54 Price rise sites consistently moving the target % down, Sterling and Ederson have been >100% each night but then not risen. Amazed (and delighted) not too see any price changes yet. Having no Sterling and a poor week off the back of it my default is patience and it would be nice if I could actually wait until next week to bring him in!
Can somebody help explain the likelihood of a player increasing in value? How do we know when it might happen? I want to get Martial but can I wait until GW3?

no eye deer
Treebeard

Post by no eye deer »

Calvin1979 wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 20:06 Heart says BSliva :arrow: Martial and Adams :arrow: Pukki for -4.

Head says roll.
In a similar position, heart saying swap Ings to Pukki, head saying wait. Have exact money to make the change before any price rises. Can’t decide what to do :?:
I already have Martial, so at least that is one headache less

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Jakie123 wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 20:14
DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 15:54 Price rise sites consistently moving the target % down, Sterling and Ederson have been >100% each night but then not risen. Amazed (and delighted) not too see any price changes yet. Having no Sterling and a poor week off the back of it my default is patience and it would be nice if I could actually wait until next week to bring him in!
Can somebody help explain the likelihood of a player increasing in value? How do we know when it might happen? I want to get Martial but can I wait until GW3?
The short answer is that price rises are closely linked to performance, but not directly linked (so players that score plenty of points tend to rise, but they rise because those points get them attention and hence transfers in, rather than directly due to the points accrued).

His price is therefore likely to rise by GW3 if he performs well in GW2, and may even rise before the GW2 deadline. Unfortunately nobody can give you definitive information at this stage of the season since much of the price change algorithm is unknown and is only uncovered as the season progresses.

We have a thread that explains in more detail how price changes work:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=128052

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Notned wrote:I know it might seem like a wasted transfer with it most likely being reversed the following week, but anyone else tempted by Kane to Auba (C) this week? I know Kane is a big game player but City away is very tough, and Aubameyang has such a good record against Burnley...
It's not a wasted transfer if it gets you more points. Auba is the best captain this week imo and probably a bit of differential. So if you have a premium FWD spot, I say go for it. Getting Kane back for GW 3 wouldn't be a wasted transfer either.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Fraser to Martial - done.

I don’t have a bank and with the likelihood of at least a 0.1 if not 0.2 swing here I couldn’t actually afford to wait. Without the price pressure, I definitely hold and give no-neck another week.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

I Am Ville wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 20:35 Fraser to Martial - done.

I don’t have a bank and with the likelihood of at least a 0.1 if not 0.2 swing here I couldn’t actually afford to wait. Without the price pressure, I definitely hold and give no-neck another week.
Im currently thinking this transfer, but i also think that Pulsic could come just as good.
But feel like need to give Fraser one more week, as there such an unpredicatable team bournmouth and i will kick myself if jump off Fraser or Wilsom after one game and they link up against Villa and i miss a big haul 🤦🏼‍♂️

Fraser, perez, barkely and Wilson are all on my watch list for 2FT next gameweek.

Just hope dont miss the price rises and cant get them in at all then

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 19:28
S_sutton87 wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 17:58 Thinking moura to pulisic
Obviously we will get a look at Pulisic on Wednesday, but feels a bit premature to be jumping on given he didn't start in GW1?

Another sub appearance in GW2 and he might even drop in price. Any particular reason you're thinking of him?
And may not start tomorrow?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”